|No. 34 Dallas Cowboys|
|Date of birth:August 8, 1988|
|Place of birth: Dallas, Texas|
|High School: Dallas (TX) Kimball|
|Height: 5 ft 10 in (1.78 m)||Weight: 217 lb (98 kg)|
|College: Middle Tennessee State|
|Undrafted in 2011|
|Debuted in 2011 for the Dallas Cowboys|
|* Dallas Cowboys ( 2011–present)|
|Roster status: Active|
|Career highlights and awards|
|Career NFL statistics as of Week 17, 2012|
Phillip Tanner (born August 8, 1988) is an American football running back for the Dallas Cowboys of the National Football League. He was signed by the Cowboys as an undrafted free agent in 2011.
In August 21, 2011 Tanner and the Cowboys played against the San Diego Chargers at Cowboys Stadium where on the second half of the game Tanner lost his helmet and scored a touchdown. A new rule declined the touchdown saying that any player receiving, running, or intercepting carrying the ball and loses the helmet during the play, is where the ball will be played dead once the helmet has hit the field floor.
- ↑ Three former Blue Raiders land free-agent deals
- ↑ "Cowboys Corner: Cowboys' rookie FAs include six Texans". Sportsblogs.star-telegram.com. 2011-07-27. http://sportsblogs.star-telegram.com/cowboys/2011/07/cowboys-rookie-fas-include-six-texans.html. Retrieved 2011-08-13.
- ↑ "Three Blue Raiders ink NFL deals". GoBlueRaiders.com. http://www.goblueraiders.com/content.cfm/id/53849. Retrieved 2011-08-13.
- ↑ Yasinskas, Pat (18 August 2010). "Lose a helmet, lose a play". ESPN. http://espn.go.com/blog/nflnation/post/_/id/26309/lose-a-helmet-lose-a-play. Retrieved 25 August 2011.
- ↑ Archer, Todd (9 December 2011). "Cowboys put Phillip Tanner on IR". ESPN Dallas.
- ↑ "Cowboys give Sensabaugh 5-year extension". FOX News. 9 December 2011. http://www.foxnews.com/sports/2011/12/09/cowboys-give-sensabaugh-5-year-extension/. Retrieved 9 December 2011.