|Date of birth:May 4, 1994|
|Place of birth: Cleveland, Ohio|
|Undrafted in 2017|
|No regular season or postseason appearances|
|* Oakland Raiders ( 2017)|
|Roster status: Active|
|Career highlights and awards|
Pharaoh Brown (born May 4, 1994) is an American football tight end for the Cleveland Browns of the National Football League (NFL). He was signed by the Oakland Raiders as an undrafted free agent on May 5, 2017 following the 2017 NFL Draft. Brown played college football at the University of Oregon.
Early life[edit | edit source]
Brown grew up in Lyndhurst, Ohio where he played football and basketball at Brush High School, graduating in June 2012. During the college recruiting process, Brown initially committed to play for Michigan in May 2011, but ultimately signed his letter of intent to play at Oregon in February 2012. 
College career[edit | edit source]
Brown played collegiate football at the University of Oregon. During his first year with the Ducks (2012), he was only targeted 3 times making 2 receptions for 42 yards. The following year, Brown appeared in 7 games making 3 starts and made 10 receptions for 123 yards, and 2 touchdowns. During his junior year, Brown would make his most touchdown receptions during his collegiate career at 6, while appearing in 9 games and starting 8. He made 25 receptions for 420 yards. Brown did not play football in 2015 due to a leg injury suffered during the 2014 season, during a game against Utah where he tore two ligaments in his knee. In Brown's senior year (2016), he would again appear in 9 games and start 8 of them, while being targeted 46 times and making 33 receptions. He scored 5 touchdowns while receiving for 426 yards.
Professional career[edit | edit source]
Oakland Raiders[edit | edit source]
Following the 2017 NFL Draft, Brown was signed by the Oakland Raiders as an undrafted free agent on May 5, 2017. He was waived on September 2, 2017 and was signed to the Raiders' practice squad the next day. He was promoted to the active roster on December 23, 2017.
On September 1, 2018, Brown was waived by the Raiders.
Cleveland Browns[edit | edit source]
On September 25, 2018, Brown was signed by the Cleveland Browns' practice squad. Brown was elevated to the Browns' active roster on October 23, 2018. He was placed on injured reserve on December 8, 2018 with a shoulder injury.
References[edit | edit source]
- "Pharaoh Brown Must Prove He's Fully Recovered From Gruesome Leg Injury" (in en). http://www.silverandblackpride.com/2017/5/5/15566082/pharaoh-brown-must-prove-hes-fully-recovered-from-gruesome-leg-injury.
- "Pharaoh Brown, Oregeon, Tight End" (in en). https://247sports.com/player/pharaoh-brown-10553.
- "Raiders Announce Undrafted Free Agent Signings". May 5, 2017. https://web.archive.org/web/20170929165652/http://www.raiders.com/news/article-1/Raiders-Announce-Undrafted-Free-Agent-Signings/5a719ac0-ebd7-40c8-bbfe-9266c5d3c3c2. Retrieved May 7, 2017.
- "Raiders Announce Transactions". September 2, 2017. Archived from the original on December 9, 2017. https://web.archive.org/web/20171209084351/http://www.raiders.com:80/news/article-1/Raiders-Announce-Transactions/f671cc9c-caa3-429f-992e-5629667b4dec.
- "Raiders Announce Practice Squad Signings". September 4, 2017. https://web.archive.org/web/20171209091343/http://www.raiders.com/news/article-1/Raiders-Announce-Practice-Squad-Signings/79e7c359-30a5-46de-af16-250eccee9fa2.
- "Raiders Sign Brown, Place Walford On IR". December 23, 2017. http://www.raiders.com/news/article-1/Raiders-Sign-Brown-Place-Walford-On-IR/e7761f34-c590-42be-9aec-5fcad82a3e04?sf177320665=1.
- "Oakland Raiders announce roster transactions - 9.1.18". September 1, 2018. https://www.raiders.com/news/oakland-raiders-announce-roster-transactions-2.
- "Browns sign TE Pharaoh Brown to practice squad". September 25, 2018. https://www.clevelandbrowns.com/news/browns-sign-te-pharaoh-brown-to-practice-squad.
- "Browns elevate TE Pharaoh Brown to active roster". October 23, 2018. https://www.clevelandbrowns.com/news/browns-elevate-te-pharaoh-brown-to-active-roster.
- "Browns activate DB Terrance Mitchell from injured reserve". December 8, 2018. https://www.clevelandbrowns.com/news/browns-activate-db-terrance-mitchell-from-injured-reserve.