|Born||June 10th, 1957|
Peter King (born June 10, 1957 in Springfield, Massachusetts) is an American sportswriter. He writes for Sports Illustrated, including the weekly multiple-page column Monday Morning Quarterback. He is the author of five books, including Inside the Helmet. He was named National Sportswriter of the Year for 2010.
Before coming to SI in 1989, King was a writer for The Cincinnati Enquirer from 1980 to 1985 and Newsday from 1985 to 1989.
King joined the HBO show Inside the NFL in 2002 as a managing editor and reporter. With the return of NFL programming to NBC for the 2006 season, NBC started a studio show called Football Night in America, set between the end of the Sunday afternoon games, and the primetime Sunday Night Football. King joined the lineup of Bob Costas, Cris Collinsworth, Sterling Sharpe and Jerome Bettis, serving as a special "insider" reporter and analyst for the show, highlighting major topics from that day.
From the 2008 offseason until the fall of 2011, King co-hosted of The Opening Drive on Sirius NFL Radio with Randy Cross and Bob Papa. He has been a regular contributor to Chris Russo's Sirius XM show, "Mad Dog Unleashed" since 2008. King is also a frequent guest on The Dan Patrick Show and ESPN's Mike and Mike.
In 2005 the governor of New Jersey appointed him to a fact finding task force in an attempt to end steroid and human growth hormone use in high school athletics.
He is the author of five books on football: 'Inside the Helmet' (1993), 'Football: A History of the Professional Game' (1993), 'Football' (1997), 'Greatest Quarterbacks' (1999) and 'Sports Illustrated Monday Morning Quarterback: A fully caffeinated guide to everything you need to know about the NFL'(2009)
In 2009 he was awarded the Dick McCann Memorial Award for his work in professional football.
King is a graduate of Ohio University's E.W. Scripps School of Journalism. He lives in Manhattan, with his wife Ann, who is a native of the Pittsburgh area.  They have two daughters; Laura (Tufts University alumna) and Mary Beth (Colgate University alumna).
- "National Sportscasters and Sportswriters Association Awards". http://nssafame.com/awards/national-awards/. Retrieved 2011-05-23.
- King, Peter (February 13, 2006). "Why Carson finally made it". Sports Illustrated. http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2006/writers/peter_king/02/13/mmqb/index.html. Retrieved 2010-01-11.
- Ben Grossman (2006-04-27). "King suits up for Football Night". Broadcasting & Cable. http://www.broadcastingcable.com/article/CA6329128.html?display=Breaking+News.
- "N.J. prep athletes to face random steroid testing". The Associated Press. 2005-12-20. http://sports.espn.go.com/sports/news/story?id=2266379.
- King, Peter (November 7, 2011). "Super deja vu for Manning, Giants in clutch win over Patriots". Monday Morning QB. SI.com. p. 3. Archived from the original on November 7, 2011. http://www.webcitation.org/631Sah3Ok. Retrieved November 7, 2011.
- Peter King archive
- Sunday Night Football on NBC
- Inside the Helmet ISBN 0-671-74704-5
- King's twitter page