|No. 21 Saskatchewan Roughriders|
|Date of birth:||September 14, 1984|
|Place of birth:||Regina, Saskatchewan|
|Height:||6 ft 0 in (1.83 m)|
|CFL Draft:||2008 / Round: 5 / Pick: 36|
|Drafted by:||Montreal Alouettes|
|Playing stats at|
Paul Woldu (born September 14, 1984) is a professional Canadian football cornerback for the Saskatchewan Roughriders of the Canadian Football League. He was drafted by the Montreal Alouettes in the fifth round of the 2008 CFL Draft where he spent four years with the team. He played CIS football for the Saskatchewan Huskies football team.
Early years[edit | edit source]
Woldu was born in Regina, Saskatchewan, and attended Dr. Martin LeBoldus High School. He played junior football with the Regina Thunder and earned an invitation as a non-roster player to the Saskatchewan Roughriders 2006 training camp, where he participated in a pre-season game before being released.
Upon his release from the Riders, Woldu played CIS football for the Saskatchewan Huskies for the 2006 and 2007 seasons, assisting them to the 2006 Hardy Cup and Mitchell Bowl championships and where he was named to the 2007 All-Canadian first-team. Woldu has won 2 Grey Cups in his career, both with the Montreal Alouettes. Once in 2009, and again in 2010.
References[edit | edit source]
- McCormick, Murray (2006-05-19). "Woldu wants to strut stuff at the big camp". Leader-Post. http://www2.canada.com/reginaleaderpost/news/sports/story.html?id=8baf696c-eec5-44c2-9c81-1985cfab4a63. Retrieved 2009-03-15.
- McCormick, Murray (2008-07-18). "Montreal's Woldu knows what to expect". Leader-Post. http://www2.canada.com/reginaleaderpost/news/sports/roughriders/story.html?id=b15fbecb-a5ef-4cf6-be19-d9cc8c08a614. Retrieved 2009-03-15.
- Switzer, Tim (2006-10-16). "Loss hurts Woldu". Leader-Post. http://www.cfl.ca/article/loss_hurts_woldu. Retrieved 2009-03-15.
- Jaster, Chris (2008-11-19). "Woldu representing Sask. on the field". Leader-Post. http://www2.canada.com/reginaleaderpost/news/sports/local/story.html?id=6d179a21-5c96-4245-a0f2-6994ec078165. Retrieved 2009-03-15.
- "Former Huskie Woldu finds success in the CFL". Canadian Interuniversity Sport. 2008-07-28. http://www.universitysport.ca/e/story_detail.cfm?id=12281. Retrieved 2009-03-15.
[edit | edit source]
|This biographical article relating to a Canadian football defensive back is a stub. You can help The American Football Database by expanding it.|