Patrick "Pat" Sullivan is a former American football executive who served as General Manager of the New England Patriots from 1983 to 1990.
New England PatriotsEdit
After graduating college, Sullivan spent two years as the manager of Schaefer Stadium. In 1979 he was named Assistant General Manager. On February 17, 1983, Sullivan was promoted to general manager.
During his tenure as GM, the Patriots had a 66–65 record and made the playoffs twice, including an appearance in Super Bowl XX.
After the Patriots 1985 Divisional Playoff victory against the Los Angeles Raiders, Sullivan was struck by Raiders linebacker Matt Millen on the head with a helmet. Millen hit Sullivan in retaliation for Sullivan's heckling of Raider Howie Long from the sidelines.
After Boston Herald reporter Lisa Olson complained of being sexually harassed in the Patriots' locker room, team chairman and majority owner Victor Kiam sought to suspend Sullivan. However, National Football League Commissioner Paul Tagliabue stepped in and prevented the suspension.
Since 1993, Sullivan has served as President of Game Creek Video, a company he founded that provides television production trucks for sporting events.
- ↑ Dell'Apa, Frank (January 30, 1991). "Sullivan resigns from Patriots Loss of power seen as his downfall". Boston Globe. http://pqasb.pqarchiver.com/boston/access/59133567.html?FMT=ABS&FMTS=ABS:FT. Retrieved 5 August 2011.
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 "Pat Sullivan gets Pats' post". Associated Press. May 18, 1979. http://news.google.com/newspapers?id=KAU1AAAAIBAJ&sjid=KU8KAAAAIBAJ&pg=2649,1411715. Retrieved 5 August 2011.
- ↑ McDonough, Will (February 17, 1983). "Pat Sullivan Succeeds Kilroy". Boston Globe. http://pqasb.pqarchiver.com/boston/access/663619851.html?FMT=ABS&FMTS=ABS:FT. Retrieved 5 August 2011.
- ↑ "Update". Record-Journal. February 17, 1983. http://news.google.com/newspapers?id=AtxHAAAAIBAJ&sjid=l_8MAAAAIBAJ&pg=2188,2204865. Retrieved 5 August 2011.
- ↑ "Long, Millen Scuffle With Patriots' GM". Associated Press. January 6, 1986. http://articles.latimes.com/1986-01-06/sports/sp-13568_1_owner-billy-sullivan. Retrieved 5 August 2011.
- ↑ "Patriots' GM Patrick Sullivam was subject of suspension talk". The Boston Globe. October 1, 1980. http://news.google.com/newspapers?id=hstJAAAAIBAJ&sjid=zYQMAAAAIBAJ&pg=3990,124217. Retrieved 5 August 2011.
- ↑ "Pat Sullivan quits as Patriots GM". Associated Press. January 30, 1991. http://news.google.com/newspapers?id=O61JAAAAIBAJ&sjid=cg4NAAAAIBAJ&pg=5343,4546318. Retrieved 5 August 2011.
- ↑ Donaldson, Jim (January 30, 2008). "After all these years, Sullivan still glad to be part of Pats". The Providence Journal. http://www.projo.com/patriots/content/sp_fbn_sullivan30_01-30-08_8J8QG0L_v5.3637a4f.html. Retrieved 5 August 2011.
|New England Patriots General Manager|
| Succeeded by|
| This page uses content from Wikipedia. The original article was at Patrick Sullivan (American football).|
The list of authors can be seen in the page history. As with American Football Database, the text of Wikipedia is available under the GNU Free Documentation License.