|This article has multiple issues. Please help improve it or discuss these issues on the talk page.
A Passing Down is an American Football term referring to any down that a forward pass is involved or likely to be involved.
When is a passing down likely[edit | edit source]
- If you need ten yards for a first down on any down other than first or second(if your team is run oriented)
- If you have more than 15 yards on any down
- If your team is losing by more than one touchdown in the fourth quarter
- If you are losing by more than three touchdowns in any other quarter
- If you are playing a team that can stop you on the run every play
- If the team you are playing can't defend against the pass