| refer to caption |
Peterman (#2) with the Bills in 2018
|No. 3 – Oakland Raiders|
|Born:||May 4, 1994|
|Height:||6 ft 2 in (1.88 m)|
|Weight:||225 lb (102 kg)|
|High school:||Bartram Trail|
(St. Johns, Florida)
|NFL Draft:||2017 / Round: 5 / Pick: 171|
|Roster status:||Injured reserve|
|Career NFL statistics as of 2018|
Nathan Michael Peterman (born May 4, 1994) is an American football quarterback for the Oakland Raiders of the National Football League (NFL). He played college football at Tennessee before transferring to Pittsburgh, and was drafted by the Buffalo Bills in the fifth round of the 2017 NFL Draft.
Despite a prolific college career at Pittsburgh, Peterman struggled with the Bills, drawing notoriety for his poor play; after throwing five interceptions in the first half of his first NFL start, he eventually set the league record for most interceptions thrown with less than 100 career passing attempts. He was released by the Bills less than two years after being drafted, throwing 12 interceptions to just three touchdowns. Peterman signed with the Raiders soon after his release.
Peterman attended Bartram Trail High School in St. Johns, Florida. While at Bartram Trail, he played for the Bears football team. As a senior, he passed for 2,392 yards and 36 touchdowns. Peterman was rated as a four-star recruit and committed to the University of Tennessee to play college football under head coach Derek Dooley.
University of Tennessee
After his redshirt freshman year, Peterman's head coach was Butch Jones. Peterman was one of the three backup quarterbacks as Justin Worley won the starting job in the offseason. Peterman made his collegiate debut in a home game at Neyland Stadium against Austin Peay in relief of Worley in a 45–0 victory. He was 4-of-8 passing for 28 yards against the Governors. After the game against #2 Oregon at Autzen Stadium, where Tennessee was defeated by a score of 59–14, Worley was benched in favor of Peterman. Peterman made his first career start against #19 Florida at Ben Hill Griffin Stadium in Gainesville, Florida. He was injured in the game and was eventually benched for Worley during the game after completing 4-of-11 passes for only five yards and two interceptions. The injury ended up being a broken hand. Overall, Peterman appeared in four games that season, completing 10-of-23 passes for 45 yards and two interceptions.
As a sophomore in 2014, he remained behind Worley on the depth chart. He played in seven games and made one start, which came against #4 Alabama at Neyland Stadium, after Worley was injured in the 34–3 loss to #3 Ole Miss. Despite getting the start, Joshua Dobbs relieved Peterman in the game. Dobbs started the next game against South Carolina and kept the job for the rest of the season. Peterman made one last appearance as a member of the Volunteers against Kentucky. In relief of Dobbs in the 50–16 victory, Peterman finished the game. He completed 10-of-20 passes for 49 yards on the 2014 season.
University of Pittsburgh
Peterman transferred as a graduate transfer to the University of Pittsburgh in 2015. Under new head coach Pat Narduzzi, Peterman entered the season as the backup to Chad Voytik, but replaced him as the starter after two games. In his first start, he completed 20-of-29 passes for 219 yards with two touchdowns and two interceptions in a 27–24 loss to Iowa. He kept the starting job for the rest of the year, completing 193-of-314 passes for 2,287 yards, 20 touchdowns, and eight interceptions as the Panthers finished with an 8–5 record.
Peterman returned as a starter his senior year in Pittsburgh. Peterman had a career day against the eventual National Champion Clemson Tigers on November 12. He threw for 308 yards and five touchdowns in the 43–42 victory. Pittsburgh's victory was Clemson's only loss of the season. He threw for 2,855 yards with 27 touchdowns, and seven interceptions as the Panthers once again finished with an 8–5 record.
On November 16, 2016, it was announced that Peterman accepted an invitation to play in the 2017 Senior Bowl. During Senior Bowl practices, Peterman impressed scouts and media in attendance after he displayed his decent size, accuracy, mobility, and his powerful arm. He met with representatives from the New Orleans Saints during the week and was praised by NFL analysts Daniel Jeremiah and Charles Davis. On January 28, 2017, Peterman played in the Senior Bowl and completed 16 of 23 pass attempt for 153-yards and a touchdown during the North 16–15 loss to the South. Peterman played for Chicago Bears head coach John Fox's North team during the game. Peterman was one of 15 collegiate quarterbacks who received an invitation to participate at the NFL Scouting Combine in Indianapolis, Indiana. He completed the majority of combine drills, but opted to skip the bench press. Peterman's performance was mediocre, as he finished fifth among quarterbacks in the three-cone drill, seventh in the 40-yard dash and tied for sixth in the vertical jump and short shuttle.
|Ht||Wt||40-yd dash||10-yd split||20-yd split||20-ss||3-cone||Vert||Broad||BP||Wonderlic|
|6 ft 2 in||226 lb||4.82 s||1.67 s||2.80 s||4.31 s||7.14 s||31 in||9 ft 2 in||33|
2017: Rookie year
Peterman was brought in to compete for the Bills' backup quarterback position along with T. J. Yates and Cardale Jones. Peterman performed well enough to win the backup quarterback job after Jones was traded to the Los Angeles Chargers. Following the third preseason game against the Baltimore Ravens, Peterman became the only healthy quarterback for the Bills as starter Tyrod Taylor and Yates both sustained concussions in the game. This left open the possibility of Peterman starting for the team in Week 1, but Taylor recovered in time to start the season opener against the New York Jets. Had Peterman started the game, he would have been the second-lowest-drafted rookie quarterback to start a season opener since the NFL-AFL merger. During Week 10 against the New Orleans Saints, he made his NFL debut with less than five minutes left in the game. With the Bills trailing 47–3, Peterman led a scoring drive completing 7 of 10 passes for 79 yards and one touchdown as the Bills lost by a score of 47–10. His first career touchdown pass was a 7-yard pass to tight end Nick O'Leary.
On November 15, 2017, Peterman was named the Bills' starting quarterback for the team's Week 11 game against the Los Angeles Chargers after struggles from Taylor. During the game, Peterman threw five interceptions in the first half and was relieved by Taylor. His five interceptions tied an NFL record for the most thrown in a player's first career start. Due to Taylor having suffered a knee injury in Week 13, Peterman started the Week 14 game against the Indianapolis Colts. During the game, which was played in a snowstorm, he completed 5 of 10 passes for 57 yards and a touchdown before leaving the game in the third quarter with a concussion. The Bills won in overtime by a score of 13–7.
On January 7, 2018, Peterman entered the Bills' Wild Card Round game against the Jacksonville Jaguars with 1:43 remaining in the 4th quarter after Taylor suffered a concussion. He managed to convert two first downs for the Buffalo offense before throwing a critical interception to Jaguars cornerback Jalen Ramsey, thus sealing the 10–3 win for Jacksonville and ending the Bills' season.
In the 2018 offseason, the Bills traded Taylor to the Cleveland Browns. Peterman competed with rookie first-round draft pick Josh Allen and free-agent signing AJ McCarron for the starting quarterback position. On September 3, 2018, the Bills named Peterman their opening day starter over Allen after trading McCarron to the Oakland Raiders.
Starting in Week 1 against the Baltimore Ravens, Peterman only threw for 24 yards, throwing two interceptions and not leading the team to a first down until the third quarter. He was benched in favor of Josh Allen after posting a 0.0 passer rating as the Bills lost 47–3.
On September 12, 2018, the Bills named Allen the starter for Week 2 against the Los Angeles Chargers, relegating Peterman to the bench. Four weeks later, the Bills signed Derek Anderson to serve as Allen's backup.
After Allen was injured against the Houston Texans and with Anderson inactive, Peterman entered the game and threw a touchdown to Zay Jones to put Buffalo in the lead. However, after the Texans tied the game at 13 late in the fourth quarter, Peterman threw two interceptions that cost the Bills the game, including a pick-six to cornerback Johnathan Joseph that proved to be Houston's winning score. On October 17, 2018, Bills head coach Sean McDermott confirmed that Anderson would start Week 7 against the Indianapolis Colts with Allen ruled out. However, when Anderson was hurt on Monday Night Football against the New England Patriots, Peterman played against the Chicago Bears on November 4. In what would become Peterman's final start as a Bill, he rushed for a touchdown, snapping the team's streak of 11 straight quarters and 39 straight possessions without a touchdown, and threw for a career-high 188 yards, but also tossed three interceptions, including a pick six, as the Bills lost to the Bears by a score of 41–9.
Peterman was benched in favor of another mid–season signing, Matt Barkley, for the Week 10 matchup against the New York Jets. Barkley led the Bills to a 41–10 win over the Jets. With the Bills entering their bye week and Allen expected to be ready to play by the time of their next game, the Bills released Peterman on the evening of November 12. He finished his Buffalo career with four total touchdowns (three passing, one rushing), 12 interceptions and a passer rating of 32.5.
After workouts with the Detroit Lions and Denver Broncos, Peterman was signed to the Oakland Raiders as part of their practice squad on December 19, 2018, as head coach Jon Gruden had previously raved about Peterman's play in college. He signed a reserve/future contract with the Raiders on January 1, 2019. Peterman had a strong preseason, but was placed on injured reserve with an elbow injury on September 2, 2019.
Peterman's 2017 and 2018 seasons both rank in the top 25 for interception percentage among all NFL quarterbacks since 1990 (minimum 30 attempts/season).
- "Bills QB Nathan Peterman takes inauspicious place in NFL history in rout by Bears" (in en). https://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/nfl/bills/2018/11/04/nathan-peterman-buffalo-bills-stats-interceptions/1886569002/.
- "State's top quarterback prospect had inspiration from Tim Tebow" (in en). http://jacksonville.com/sports/football/2012-01-14/story/states-top-quarterback-prospect-had-inspiration-tim-tebow.
- "Bartram Trail QB Nathan Peterman commits to Tennessee" (in en). http://jacksonville.com/sports/college/2011-07-20/story/bartram-trail-quarterback-commits-tennessee.
- "Bartram's Nathan Peterman is bound for Tennessee" (in en). July 21, 2011. http://staugustine.com/sports/high-school-football/2011-07-20/bartram-trail-quarterback-commits-tennessee.
- Wolken, Dan. "Tennessee fires Derek Dooley after embarrassing loss" (in en). USA TODAY. https://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/ncaaf/sec/2012/11/18/tennessee-volunteers-derek-dooley-coach-fired/1697107/.
- "BUTCH JONES NAMED VOLS' NEW HEAD COACH – University of Tennessee" (in en). Tennessee Athletics. http://utsports.com/news/2012/12/7/BUTCH_JONES_NAMED_VOLS_NEW_HEAD_COACH.aspx.
- "Tennessee vs. Austin Peay Postgame Notes" (in en). Tennessee Volunteers Athletics. https://utsports.com/news/2013/8/31/Tennessee_vs_Austin_Peay_Postgame_Notes.aspx.
- "Austin Peay at Tennessee Box Score, August 31, 2013". Sports Reference. https://www.sports-reference.com/cfb/boxscores/2013-08-31-tennessee.html. Retrieved July 25, 2017.
- "Tennessee at Oregon Box Score, September 14, 2013". Sports Reference. https://www.sports-reference.com/cfb/boxscores/2013-09-14-oregon.html. Retrieved July 25, 2017.
- "Tennessee changes starting QB to Peterman". http://www.espn.com/college-football/story/_/id/9701746/tennessee-volunteers-change-starting-qb-nathan-peterman.
- News-Sentinel, By Evan Woodbery – Knoxville (Tenn.). "Vols’ QB experiment tanks against Gators". http://www.myajc.com/news/sports/vols-qb-experiment-tanks-against-gators/nZ4jM/.
- Lewis, Daniel (September 23, 2013). "UT quarterback Nathan Peterman out at least 4 weeks with broken hand". Nooga.com. http://nooga.com/163593/ut-quarterback-nathan-peterman-out-at-least-4-weeks-with-broken-hand/. Retrieved July 25, 2017.
- "Nathan Peterman 2013 Game Log" (in en). https://www.sports-reference.com/cfb/players/nathan-peterman-1/gamelog/2013/.
- "Vols ponder 3 options for QB vs. Alabama" (in en). The Tennessean. https://www.tennessean.com/story/sports/college/vols/2014/10/23/tennessee-vols-justin-worley-josh-dobbs-nathan-peterman/17798033/.
- "Alabama at Tennessee Box Score, October 25, 2014". Sports Reference. https://www.sports-reference.com/cfb/boxscores/2014-10-25-tennessee.html. Retrieved July 25, 2017.
- "Vols to start Nathan Peterman at QB" (in en). The Tennessean. https://www.tennessean.com/story/vols/2014/10/25/vols-quarterback-justin-worley-not-warming-alabama/17924853/.
- "Tennessee (4–5, 1–4 SEC) at South Carolina (4–5, 2–5 SEC)". CBS Sports Network. Tennessee Football. http://grfx.cstv.com/photos/schools/scar/sports/m-footbl/auto_pdf/2014-15/postgame_notes/postgame_notes_20141102aaa.pdf. Retrieved July 25, 2017.
- "Kentucky at Tennessee Box Score, November 15, 2014". Sports Reference. https://www.sports-reference.com/cfb/boxscores/2014-11-15-tennessee.html. Retrieved July 25, 2017.
- "Nathan Peterman 2014 Game Log" (in en). https://www.sports-reference.com/cfb/players/nathan-peterman-1/gamelog/2014.
- "Pittsburgh says Nathan Peterman is transferring to Panthers". http://archive.knoxnews.com/sports/vols/football/pittsburgh-says-nathan-peterman-is-transferring-to-panthers-ep-915234948-353597781.html.
- "Nathan Peterman settles in quickly after transferring <sic> to Pitt". http://www.post-gazette.com/sports/Pitt/2015/07/01/Nathan-Peterman-settles-in-quickly-after-transfering-to-Pitt/stories/201507010099.
- "Nathan Peterman is now Pitt's starting quarterback". https://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/ncaaf-dr-saturday/nathan-peterman-is-now-pitt-s-starting-quarterback-135902431.html.
- DiPaola, Jerry. "Peterman named starting QB for Pitt against Virginia Tech". http://triblive.com/sports/college/pitt/9136429-74/narduzzi-peterman-game.
- "Nathan Peterman 2015 Game Log" (in en). https://www.sports-reference.com/cfb/players/nathan-peterman-1/gamelog/2015.
- "2015 Pitt Panthers Stats" (in en). https://www.sports-reference.com/cfb/schools/pittsburgh/2015.html.
- "Journey for Pitt’s Nathan Peterman makes success even sweeter". http://jacksonville.com/high-schools/2016-11-15/journey-pitt-s-nathan-peterman-makes-success-even-sweeter.
- "Pitt at Clemson Box Score, November 12, 2016". Sports Reference. https://www.sports-reference.com/cfb/boxscores/2016-11-12-clemson.html. Retrieved July 25, 2017.
- "Nathan Peterman 2016 Game Log" (in en). https://www.sports-reference.com/cfb/players/nathan-peterman-1/gamelog/2016.
- "2016 Pitt Panthers Stats" (in en). https://www.sports-reference.com/cfb/schools/pittsburgh/2016.html.
- "Nathan Peterman College Stats - College Football at Sports-Reference.com". https://www.sports-reference.com/cfb/players/nathan-peterman-1.html.
- "Prospects who have accepted invites to 2017 Senior Bowl". November 16, 2016. https://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000739740/article/prospects-who-have-accepted-invites-to-2017-senior-bowl. Retrieved December 19, 2017.
- Sean Gentille (January 26, 2017). "Everyone at the Senior Bowl loves Nate Peterman". http://www.post-gazette.com/sports/sean-gentille/2017/01/26/nate-peterman-nfl-draft-senior-bowl-top-qb-prospects/stories/201701260169. Retrieved December 19, 2017.
- Emily Kaplan (January 27, 2017). "The Big Arms and the Biggest Risers at the Senior Bowl". https://www.si.com/mmqb/2017/01/27/nfl-draft-senior-bowl-quarterbacks-nathan-peterman-davis-webb-cooper-kupp-oj-howard-haason-reddick. Retrieved December 19, 2017.
- Kaleel Weatherly (March 6, 2017). "NFL Combine 2017 results: Full quarterback numbers". https://www.sbnation.com/platform/amp/nfl/2017/3/4/14802264/2017-nfl-combine-results-quarterbacks-deshaun-watson-mitch-trubisky. Retrieved December 19, 2017.
- McGinn, Bob (April 22, 2017). "Ranking the NFL draft prospects: Quarterbacks". PackersNews.com. Archived from the original on June 16, 2018. https://web.archive.org/web/20180616194228/https://www.packersnews.com/story/sports/nfl/packers/mcginn/2017/04/22/ranking-nfl-draft-prospects-quarterbacks/100736988/?from=new-cookie. Retrieved June 16, 2018.
- "NFL Draft Profile: Nathan Peterman". http://www.nfl.com/draft/2017/profiles/nathan-peterman?id=2558191. Retrieved December 19, 2017.
- Sessler, Marc. "Bills draft Pitt QB Nathan Peterman in fifth round". http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000804817/article/bills-draft-pitt-qb-nathan-peterman-in-fifth-round. Retrieved April 29, 2017.
- "2017 NFL Draft Listing" (in en). https://www.pro-football-reference.com/years/2017/draft.htm.
- "Why choosing Nathan Peterman over Cardale Jones is the right move for the Bills" (in en). July 27, 2017. https://billswire.usatoday.com/2017/07/26/why-bills-choosing-nathan-peterman-over-cardale-jones-is-the-right-move/.
- Cooper, Ben (August 16, 2017). "Nathan Peterman to work with the second-string offense". Pro Football Focus. https://www.profootballfocus.com/news/pro-nathan-peterman-to-work-with-the-second-string-offense. Retrieved August 28, 2017.
- Prusak, Heather (August 27, 2017). "Bills down to one healthy QB with Taylor, Yates in concussion protocol". WGRZ-TV. http://www.wgrz.com/sports/nfl/bills/bills-down-to-one-healthy-qb-with-taylor-yates-in-concussion-protocol/468235074.
- Smith, Michael David (September 5, 2017). "Tyrod Taylor clears concussion protocol, good to go for Sunday". NBC Sports. http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2017/09/05/tyrod-taylor-clears-concussion-protocol-good-to-go-for-sunday/. Retrieved September 7, 2017.
- Hunter, Jeff (September 5, 2017). "Buffalo Bills’ Nathan Peterman could approach an NFL record by starting – Buffalo Rumblings". SB Nation. https://www.buffalorumblings.com/2017/9/5/16252006/buffalo-bills-nathan-peterman-nfl-record-dak-prescott-kyle-orton. Retrieved September 8, 2017.
- Carucci, Vic (November 12, 2017). "Vic Carucci's Points After: Saints 47, Bills 10". buffalonews.com. http://buffalonews.com/2017/11/12/vic-caruccis-points-after-saints-47-bills-10/.
- "Nathan Peterman". nfl.com. http://www.nfl.com/player/nathanpeterman/2558191/gamelogs. Retrieved November 12, 2017.
- "New Orleans Saints at Buffalo Bills – November 12th, 2017" (in en). https://www.pro-football-reference.com/boxscores/201711120buf.htm. Retrieved November 26, 2017.
- Bergman, Jeremy (November 15, 2017). "Bills bench QB Tyrod Taylor; Nathan Peterman to start". http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000877668/article/nathan-peterman-to-start-at-qb-for-bills-vs-chargers.
- Rollins, Khadrice (November 19, 2017). "Bills' Nathan Peterman Benched For Tyrod Taylor After Five First-Half Interceptions". si.com. https://www.si.com/nfl/2017/11/19/nathan-peterman-interceptions-first-career-start-bills.
- Miller, Ryan C. (November 19, 2017). "Nathan Peterman threw 5 INTs in his first half as the Buffalo Bills' starting QB" (in en). Democrat and Chronicle. http://www.democratandchronicle.com/story/sports/football/nfl/bills/2017/11/19/pick-six-alert-nathan-peterman-era-did-not-start-off-well-buffalo-bills/879203001/. Retrieved November 20, 2017.
- Skurski, Jay (December 10, 2017). "Bills QB Nathan Peterman in concussion protocol after hit". buffalonews.com. http://buffalonews.com/2017/12/10/bills-qb-nathan-peterman-leaves-game-being-evaluated-for-head-injury/.
- Brown, Chris (December 10, 2017). "Bills slip past Colts in overtime". buffalobills.com. https://web.archive.org/web/20180318043318/http://www.buffalobills.com/news/article-1/Bills-slip-past-Colts-in-overtime/88df2653-40bd-4d84-88e6-1f5fd2b733cd.
- Davis, Scott. "Jaguars make game-sealing interception on Bills backup quarterback after Tyrod Taylor leaves with scary head injury". http://www.businessinsider.com/jaguars-beat-bills-interception-tyrod-taylor-injury-2018-1.
- "Wild Card – Buffalo Bills at Jacksonville Jaguars – January 7th, 2018" (in en). https://www.pro-football-reference.com/boxscores/201801070jax.htm.
- Wesseling, Chris (March 9, 2018). "Cleveland Browns to trade for Bills QB Tyrod Taylor". http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000920459/article/cleveland-browns-to-trade-for-bills-qb-tyrod-taylor.
- Bergman, Jeremy (March 14, 2018). "Bills agree to terms with AJ McCarron on 2-year deal". http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000921360/article/bills-agree-to-terms-with-aj-mccarron-on-2year-deal.
- Teope, Herbie (April 26, 2018). "Buffalo Bills trade up to draft Josh Allen at No. 7 overall". http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000928988/article/buffalo-bills-trade-up-to-draft-josh-allen-at-no-7-overall.
- Teope, Herbie (September 3, 2018). "Bills starting QB Nathan Peterman Week 1 vs. He was benched later that game after going 5-for-18 with two interceptions. Ravens". http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000957720/article/bills-starting-qb-nathan-peterman-week-1-vs-ravens.
- "Ravens get defensive in 47–3 rout of inept Bills". Associated Press. Associated Press (ESPN). September 9, 2018. http://www.espn.com/nfl/recap?gameId=401030711.
- Maoirana, Sal (September 9, 2018). "Enough already with Nathan Peterman; Time to turn to Josh Allen is now". Democrat & Chronicle. https://www.democratandchronicle.com/story/sports/football/nfl/bills/2018/09/09/josh-allen-nathan-peterman-buffalo-bills-horrible/1251975002/.
- Bergman, Jeremy. "Bills rookie Josh Allen named starting QB vs. Chargers" (in en). NFL.com. http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000961291/article/bills-rookie-josh-allen-named-starting-qb-vs-chargers.
- Bouda, Nate. "Vills Sign QB Derek Anderson, Waive S Dean Marlowe". http://nfltraderumors.co/bills-sign-qb-derek-anderson-waive-s-dean-marlowe/. Retrieved October 9, 2018.
- Redford, Patrick (October 14, 2018). "Poor Nathan Peterman Reaches New Low With Brutal Game-Ending Pick-Six". Deadspin. https://deadspin.com/poor-nathan-peterman-reaches-new-low-with-brutal-game-e-1829742186.
- Patra, Kevin. "Derek Anderson starting for Bills with Josh Allen out". NFL.com. http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000975241/article/derek-anderson-starting-for-bills-with-josh-allen-out.
- "Sources: Anderson hurt; Bills to start Peterman" (in en). ESPN.com. http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/25128726/buffalo-bills-qb-nathan-peterman-expected-start-derek-anderson-recovering-concussion.
- Maiorana, Sal (November 4, 2018). "Nathan Peterman throws 3 INTs; Chicago Bears embarrass Buffalo Bills". Democrat & Chronicle. https://www.democratandchronicle.com/story/sports/football/nfl/bills/2018/11/04/nathan-peterman-struggles-chicago-bears-embarrass-buffalo-bills/1850353002/. Retrieved December 6, 2018.
- Rodak, Mike (November 11, 2018). "Bills start Matt Barkley at QB over Nathan Peterman vs. Jets". ESPN. http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/25235591/buffalo-bills-start-matt-barkley-quarterback-nathan-peterman-vs-jets?platform=amp.
- Waszak Jr., Dennis (November 12, 2018). "Barkley, Bills light up listless Jets in 41–10 laugher". https://apnews.com/c73cfc81ca8b4389934b4c24289ba11a.
- Brown, Chris (November 12, 2018). "Bills release QB Nathan Peterman". https://www.buffalobills.com/news/bills-release-qb-nathan-peterman.
- "Raiders to sign former Bills QB Nathan Peterman". ESPN. December 19, 2018. http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/25574059/oakland-raiders-sign-interception-prone-nathan-peterman.
- Nesbit, Andy (2019-07-30). "Jon Gruden is starting to really fall for Nathan Peterman and NFL fans absolutely love it" (in en). USA Today. https://ftw.usatoday.com/2019/07/raiders-jon-gruden-nathan-peterman-growing-on-him-fans-love-it.
- "Raiders announce reserve/future signings – 1.1.19". January 1, 2019. https://www.raiders.com/news/raiders-announce-reserve-future-signings-1-1-19.
- Dajani, Jordan (2019-09-02). "Raiders place Nathan Peterman on IR, but the quarterback battle is not over yet" (in en). https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/raiders-place-nathan-peterman-on-ir-but-the-quarterback-battle-is-not-over-yet/.
- "Player Season Finder Query Results | Pro-Football-Reference.com" (in en). https://www.pro-football-reference.com/play-index/psl_finder.cgi?request=1&match=single&year_min=1990&year_max=2018&season_start=1&season_end=-1&pos%5B%5D=qb&draft_year_min=1936&draft_year_max=2018&draft_slot_min=1&draft_slot_max=500&draft_pick_in_round=pick_overall&conference=any&draft_pos%5B%5D=qb&draft_pos%5B%5D=rb&draft_pos%5B%5D=wr&draft_pos%5B%5D=te&draft_pos%5B%5D=e&draft_pos%5B%5D=t&draft_pos%5B%5D=g&draft_pos%5B%5D=c&draft_pos%5B%5D=ol&draft_pos%5B%5D=dt&draft_pos%5B%5D=de&draft_pos%5B%5D=dl&draft_pos%5B%5D=ilb&draft_pos%5B%5D=olb&draft_pos%5B%5D=lb&draft_pos%5B%5D=cb&draft_pos%5B%5D=s&draft_pos%5B%5D=db&draft_pos%5B%5D=k&draft_pos%5B%5D=p&c1stat=pass_att&c1comp=gt&c1val=30&c5val=1.0&order_by=pass_int_perc.
- Skurski, Jay (August 4, 2018). "Unwavering faith helped Nathan Peterman overcome five-interception nightmare". The Buffalo News. https://buffalonews.com/2018/08/04/inside-the-bills-how-an-unwavering-faith-helped-nathan-peterman-overcome-five-interception-nightmare/.
- "Meet Morgan Peterman — Wife of Bills QB Nathan Peterman" (in en). Busted Coverage. https://bustedcoverage.com/2017/11/15/nathan-peterman-wife-morgan-shull-photos-instagram-bills-quarterback/.