|Date of birth:January 12, 1988|
|Place of birth: North Platte, Nebraska|
|NFL Draft: 2011 / Round: 5 / Pick: 160|
|No regular season or postseason appearances|
|* Chicago Bears ( 2011)|
|Career highlights and awards|
|Comp. / Att.||16 / 34|
|Stats at ArenaFan.com|
Nathan William Enderle (born January 12, 1988) is a former American football quarterback. He played college football at Idaho, where he was a four-year starter. Enderle was selected in the fifth round of the 2011 NFL Draft by the Chicago Bears. He was a member of the Jacksonville Jaguars during the 2012 preseason and the Tennessee Titans and San Diego Chargers during the 2013 preseason.
Born and raised in North Platte, Nebraska, Enderle graduated from North Platte High School in 2006. As a junior in 2004 he tied the Nebraska high school records for completions in a season with 166 and completions in a game with 24. As a senior, he completed 129 of 258 passes for 1,481 yards and 13 touchdowns.
After being redshirted as a freshman in 2006 under head coach Dennis Erickson, Enderle started nine of 12 games for the Vandals under new coach Robb Akey in 2007, missing three games due to a ruptured tendon in throwing hand. He finished the season completing 132 of 298 passes for 1,787 yards, 10 touchdowns and 18 interceptions. As a sophomore in 2008 he started all 12 games, completing 184 of 339 passes for 2,077 yards, 20 touchdowns and 17 interceptions. As a junior in 2009 he played in 11 of 13 games, missing two with a shoulder injury. He finished the season completing 192 of 312 passes for 2,906 yards, 22 touchdowns and nine interceptions. During the 2009 Humanitarian Bowl he helped lead the Vandals to a 43-42 comeback win over Bowling Green. During the game, he completed 15 of 28 passes for 240 yards and four touchdowns with no interceptions. With the game tied at 35 with less than a minute to go, overtime was probable until the Vandal defense gave up a late, 51-yard touchdown pass. With the Vandals trailing by seven points with 32 seconds remaining on their own 34-yard line, Enderle quickly drove his team down the field and completed a 16-yard touchdown pass with four seconds left to pull within a point, then completed another for the two-point conversion to win. In 2010, the Vandals went 6-7 with an inexperienced offensive line, and lost two road games in the final seconds. Enderle ended his career at Idaho with over 10,000 yards in passing, and graduated in December 2010 with a degree in art.
Following the lockout of 2011, the Bears signed Enderle to a four-year contract on July 27, 2011. After his rookie year as a reserve, he was waived by the Bears on June 14, 2012, as the Bears changed offensive coordinators.
On January 17, 2013, Enderle signed with the Titans. On July 24, 2013, Enderle was waived by the Titans.
San Diego ChargersEdit
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 Rawr, Dec. 10, 2010, p. 6.
- ↑ ESPN.com - Idaho rallies in final seconds to beat Bowling Green - 2009-12-30
- ↑ "2011 NFL Draft Listing" (in en). https://www.pro-football-reference.com/years/2011/draft.htm.
- ↑ Rosenthal, Gregg. "Nathan Enderle, Martz's protege, waived by Bears". http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d5d829d65f2/article/nathan-enderle-martzs-protege-waived-by-bears?module=HP11_headline_stack. Retrieved June 14, 2012.
- ↑ Alper, Josh. "Jaguars sign Nathan Endlerle". http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/06/21/jaguars-sign-nathan-enderle/. Retrieved June 21, 2012.
- ↑ Wyatt, Jim; Glennon, John (July 24, 2013). "Tennessee Titans' Delanie Walker starts training camp on PUP". The Tennessean. http://www.tennessean.com/article/20130724/SPORTS01/130724012/2080/SPORTS01.
- ↑ Henne, Ricky (July 31, 2013). "Chargers Sign Quarterback Nathan Enderle". http://www.chargers.com/news/article-1/Chargers-Sign-Quarterback-Nathan-Enderle/2c4af28f-d551-4dde-baa7-25b2ea486901. Retrieved August 1, 2013.
- ↑ Gehlken, Michael (August 25, 2013). "Chargers cut 10 players; more coming". U-T San Diego. http://www.utsandiego.com/news/2013/aug/25/chargers-cut-deon-butler-edwin-baker-dombrowski/. Retrieved August 26, 2013.
- ↑ "TICATS DEFEAT ALS IN TOUCHDOWN ATLANTIC GAME FROM MONCTON". September 21, 2013. https://www.tsn.ca/cfl/story/?id=432433. Retrieved September 21, 2013.
- ↑ "Brink inked: Quarterback joins Als practice roster". www.cfl.ca (Canadian Football League). October 3, 2013. http://cfl.ca/article/brink-inked-quarterback-joins-als-practice-roster. Retrieved December 10, 2013.
- ↑ "Thunder Lands Former NFL QB Nathan Enderle". www.oursportscentral.com. OurSports Central. December 9, 2013. http://www.oursportscentral.com/services/releases/?id=4714555. Retrieved December 10, 2013.
- Go Vandals.com - Nathan Enderle