|No. 29 Philadelphia Eagles|
|Date of birth:November 30, 1987|
|Place of birth: Fort Myers, Florida|
|High School: Cape Coral (FL)|
|Height: 6 ft 1 in (1.85 m)||Weight: 210 lb (95 kg)|
|College: South Florida|
|NFL Draft: 2010 / Round: 2 / Pick: 37|
|Debuted in 2010 for the Philadelphia Eagles|
|Roster status: Active|
|Career highlights and awards|
|Career NFL statistics as of Week 5, 2013|
|Stats at NFL.com|
Nathaniel "Nate" Ray Allen (born November 30, 1987) is an American football safety for the Philadelphia Eagles of the National Football League (NFL). He was drafted by the Eagles in the second round of the 2010 NFL Draft. He played college football at South Florida.
Early years[edit | edit source]
Allen played football for the Pop Warner Little Scholars. He was part of the SE Region, Peace River Conference and played with the Cape Coral High School Seahawks. Allen attended Cape Coral High School, where he played quarterback and threw for more than 5,000 career yards. He was a three-time all-area player and Class 5A honorable mention all-state as a junior and senior. Also an accomplished basketball player, he averaged 15.3 points, 6.6 rebounds and 2.9 steals in 2005–2006 and was named 2nd Team All-Area.
Considered a two-star recruit by Rivals.com, Allen was not ranked among the nation's best football prospects. He drew little attention from colleges and selected South Florida over Eastern Kentucky and Eastern Michigan.
College career[edit | edit source]
Becoming a full-time starter as sophomore, Allen had a breakout year, recording 84 tackles (fourth on the team), four interceptions, three fumble recoveries, 47 fumble return yards and one touchdown. He was named Nagurski National Defensive Player of the Week after forcing a fumble, recovering a fumble and intercepting a pass in Bulls’ win at No. 17 Auburn.
A preseason Thorpe Award candidate in 2008, Allen finished the season fifth on the team with 53 tackles, while having two tackles for loss, one sack and one interception.
Professional career[edit | edit source]
Pre-draft[edit | edit source]
|Ht||Wt||40-yd dash||10-yd split||20-yd split||20-ss||3-cone||Vert||Broad||BP||Wonderlic|
|6 ft 1 in||207 lb||4.30 s||6.96 s||34½ in||9 ft 6 in||16 rep|
Philadelphia Eagles[edit | edit source]
Allen was drafted by the Philadelphia Eagles in the second round (37th overall) in the 2010 NFL Draft. After Marlin Jackson suffered an Achilles tendon rupture during organized team activities, Allen was named the starting free safety going into training camp, replacing the 2009 starter, Sean Jones. Allen was signed to a four-year contract on July 27, 2010.
Allen recorded his first NFL Interception against the Green Bay Packers in week 1 of the 2010 season and he recorded his second interception week 2 against the Detroit Lions. He was named the NFL Defensive Rookie of the Month for the month of September. He was placed on injured reserve on December 21 due to a torn patellar tendon.
Career Stats[edit | edit source]
|Year||Team||Games||Combined Tackles||Tackles||Assisted Tackles||Sacks||Forced Fumbles||Fumble Recoveries||Fumble Return Yards||Interceptions||Interception Return Yards||Average Return Yards per Interception||Longest Interception Return||Interceptions Returned for Touchdown||Pass Defended||Stuffs||Stuff Yards||Kicks Blocked|
References[edit | edit source]
- "Nate Allen Recruiting Profile", Rivals.com, http://rivals.yahoo.com/ncaa/football/recruiting/player-Nate-Allen-43371, retrieved November 25, 2009
- "Nate Allen, DS #3 FS, South Florida". NFLDraftScout.com. http://www.nfldraftscout.com/ratings/dsprofile.php?pyid=64437&draftyear=2010&genpos=FS. Retrieved 2010-06-01.
- McPherson, Chris (June 10, 2010). "Reid: Jackson Will Report On Time". philadelphiaeagles.com. http://www.philadelphiaeagles.com/news/Story.asp?story_id=21203. Retrieved 2010-06-10.
- "Eagles come to terms with second-round pick Allen". Seattle Post-Intelligencer. July 27, 2010. http://www.seattlepi.com/scorecard/nflnews.asp?articleID=284603. Retrieved 2010-07-27.[dead link]
- Goldman, Josh (September 29, 2010). "Vick, Allen Honored For September Play". philadelphiaeagles.com. http://www.philadelphiaeagles.com/news/Story.asp?story_id=22037. Retrieved 2010-09-29.
- Rosenthal, Gregg (December 21, 2010). "Allen’s absence a concern for so-so Eagles pass defense". profootballtalk.com. http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2010/12/21/allens-absence-a-concern-for-so-so-eagles-pass-defense/. Retrieved 2010-12-21.
- "Nate Allen Stats". ESPN Internet Ventures. http://espn.go.com/nfl/player/stats/_/id/13257/nate-allen. Retrieved 28 January 2014.
[edit | edit source]