|No. 41, 30|
|Return specialist / Defensive back|
|Date of birth:July 20, 1956|
|Place of birth: Tampa, Florida|
|College: Florida State|
|NFL Draft: 1978 / Round: 11 / Pick: 279|
|No regular season or postseason appearances|
|* Pittsburgh Steelers (1978)|
|Career highlights and awards|
|Career NFL statistics as of 1978|
|Punt returns/ yards||7/ 80|
|Kick returns/ yards||7/ 145|
|Stats at NFL.com|
|Stats at pro-football-reference.com|
Nathaniel "Nat" Terry (born July 20, 1956) is a former American football defensive back and return specialist who played a single season in the National Football League for the Pittsburgh Steelers and Detroit Lions.
Terry was born in Tampa, Florida and attended Robinson High School Then Florida State University in Tallahassee, Florida where he played twice lettered in football. He was an honorable mention All-America selection in his senior season.
Terry was selected in the eleventh round of the 1978 NFL Draft by the Pittsburgh Steelers. Although he was considered undersized to play cornerback in the NFL he made up for it with his speed (he was timed at 4.4 seconds in the 40-yard dash). After making the Steelers' roster and playing the first six games of the season (primarily on special teams), he was cut to make room for another player.
The Detroit Lions claimed Terry off waivers the next day. On the opening kickoff of his fourth game with the Lions he suffered a chipped vertebrae in his neck and was placed on the injured reserve list, ending his season and eventually his playing career.
- ↑ "Nat Terry (bio)". NoleFan.org. Archived from the original on December 20, 2011. https://www.webcitation.org/64507m5TF. Retrieved December 20, 2011.
- ↑ Emert, Rich (August 8, 1978). "Small Package, Big Gift". The Beaver County Times: p. D1. https://news.google.com/newspapers?id=b_gjAAAAIBAJ&sjid=fNsFAAAAIBAJ&dq=nat-terry&pg=2930%2C2120530. Retrieved December 20, 2011.
- ↑ Stellino, Vito (October 13, 1978). "Reutershan Shifts in Numbers Game". Pittsburgh Post-Gazette: p. 11. https://news.google.com/newspapers?id=DQMOAAAAIBAJ&sjid=NG0DAAAAIBAJ&dq=nat-terry&pg=4920%2C1864447. Retrieved December 20, 2011.
- ↑ "Lions Claim Nat Terry". Observer-Reporter. AP: p. C-2. October 14, 1978. https://news.google.com/newspapers?id=TvVdAAAAIBAJ&sjid=n18NAAAAIBAJ&dq=nat-terry&pg=5480%2C2216055. Retrieved December 20, 2011.
- ↑ "Lions Lose Terry, Oilers Eye Maxson". Pittsburgh Press. UPI: p. C-8. November 16, 1978. https://news.google.com/newspapers?id=mEUuAAAAIBAJ&sjid=MlkEAAAAIBAJ&dq=nat-terry%20lions&pg=4091%2C207547. Retrieved December 20, 2011.