The NC State–Wake Forest rivalry is a series of athletic contests between in-state rivals, the North Carolina State University Wolfpack and the Wake Forest University Demon Deacons. The first game was played in 1895 between the two institutions. Wake Forest was originally located in Wake Forest, North Carolina until it moved its campus across the state of North Carolina to Winston-Salem, North Carolina in 1956. The two universities are members of the Atlantic Coast Conference, where they meet every year in football due to being aligned in the Atlantic Division. The schools play each other twice in basketball every season, due to being primary partners.
|First contested||October 19, 1895|
North Carolina A&M 4, Wake Forest 4,
|Number of meetings||112|
|Most recent meeting||November 8, 2018|
Wake Forest 27, NC State 23
|Next meeting||November 2, 2019 in Winston-Salem|
|All-time series||NC State leads, 66–40–6|
|Largest victory||NC State, 76–0 (1908)|
|Longest win streak||NC State, 10 (1908–1917)|
|Current streak||Wake Forest, 2 (2017–present)|
The NC State–Wake Forest football rivalry is an American college football rivalry between the NC State Wolfpack football team of North Carolina State University and the Wake Forest Demon Deacons football team of Wake Forest University. It is the longest continuous rivalry between 2 ACC schools and the third longest in the nation, as NC State and Wake Forest have played consecutively every year since 1910. Both universities are members of the Atlantic Coast Conference (ACC) and are members of the Atlantic Division. There have been 112 meetings between the two teams, with NC State leading the all-time series 66–40–6. Wake Forest won the most recent contest, 27-23, on November 8, 2018 in Raleigh, North Carolina. The next contest between the two teams is scheduled for 2019 in Winston-Salem, North Carolina.
|NC State victories||Wake Forest victories||Tie games|
Wake Forest 33, North Carolina A&M 6
|Number of meetings||249|
|Most recent meeting||February 24, 2019|
NC State 94, Wake Forest 74
|All-time series||NC State leads, 143–106|
|Largest victory||NC State, 130–89 (1983)|
|Longest win streak||NC State, 10 (1954–1956)|
|Current streak||NC State, 1 (2019)|
NC State currently leads the series 143–106.
The rivalry dates back to when Wake Forest was in Wake Forest, NC, and was only a short distance from NC State's campus in Raleigh. Their rivalry eventually expanded into the Big Four with UNC-Chapel Hill and Duke, which are recognized as being some of the fiercest rivalries in NCAA men's basketball. The two teams met twice in the 2018–19 ACC regular season, splitting the series.
- Bradham, Matthew (November 15, 2017). "ACC’s Longest Running Rivalry: NC State vs. Wake Forest". https://packinsider.com/2017/11/15/accs-longest-running-rivalry-nc-state-vs-wake-forest/.
- Bradsher, Bethany (January 17, 2018). "Dickie Hemric and a broken chair: How State vs Wake became a Tobacco Road rivalry". http://www.wralsportsfan.com/dickie-hemric-and-a-broken-chair-how-ncsu-wake-forest-became-a-tobacco-road-rivalry/17264402/.
- "North Carolina St vs Wake Forest". http://www.mcubed.net/ncaaf/series/ncst/wf.shtml. Retrieved November 8, 2017.
- "2017 North Carolina State Wolfpack Schedule and Results". https://www.sports-reference.com/cfb/schools/north-carolina-state/2017-schedule.html. Retrieved November 8, 2017.
- "North Carolina State Wolfpack School History". https://www.sports-reference.com/cbb/schools/north-carolina-state/. Retrieved 8 November 2017.
Template:NC State Wolfpack men's basketball navbox
Template:Wake Forest Demon Deacons men's basketball navbox