Williams in the 2012 NFL season.
|No. 19 Tampa Bay Buccaneers|
|Date of birth:May 18, 1987|
|Place of birth: Buffalo, New York|
|High School: Buffalo (NY) Riverside|
|Height: 6 ft 2 in (1.88 m)||Weight: 212 lb (96 kg)|
|NFL Draft: 2010 / Round: 4 / Pick: 101|
|Debuted in 2010 for the Tampa Bay Buccaneers|
|Roster status: Active|
|Career highlights and awards|
|Career NFL statistics as of Week 17, 2012|
|Stats at NFL.com|
Michael Anthony "Mike" Williams (born May 18, 1987) is an American football wide receiver for the Tampa Bay Buccaneers of the National Football League. He was drafted by the Buccaneers in the fourth round of the 2010 NFL Draft. He played college football at Syracuse.
As a true freshman at Syracuse in 2006, Williams made 24 receptions for a team-leading 461 yards and four touchdowns in 10 games. As a sophomore in 2007 Williams was an all-Big East second team selection. He finished the season tying a school record with 60 receptions for 837 yards and ten touchdowns in 12 games.
In June 2008 Williams was suspended for the 2008 season for academic reasons.
On November 3, 2009, Williams quit the team due to a possible suspension following a violation of team rules after he was involved in a car accident with teammates, Antwon Bailey, Andrew Tiller and Torrey Ball. In 2009 before he quit the team he had impressive numbers including 49 receptions for 746 yards and six touchdowns in only 7 games.
2010 NFL DraftEdit
|Ht||Wt||40-yd dash||10-yd split||20-yd split||20-ss||3-cone||Vert||Broad||BP||Wonderlic|
|6 ft 1½ in||221 lb||4.53 s||1.52 s||2.64 s||4.31 s||6.90 s||33½ in||9 ft 8 in||8 rep|
Tampa Bay BuccaneersEdit
Williams was drafted by the Tampa Bay Buccaneers in the fourth round (101st overall) in the 2010 NFL Draft. He was signed to a four-year contract on June 4, 2010. On September 12, 2010 he made his NFL debut against the Cleveland Browns, making 5 receptions for 30 yards and a touchdown. Williams started all 16 games as a rookie and led all rookies with 65 receptions for 964 yards and 11 touchdowns. His 11 touchdowns marked a new Buccaneers franchise record for most receiving touchdowns in a single season.
Buccaneers Franchise RecordsEdit
- Most receiving touchdowns in a single season (11 in 2010)
- ↑ Syracuse's top receiver suspended from university
- ↑ "Bailey, Ball, Tiller suspended". Associated Press. ESPN.com. November 3, 2009. http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=4620883. Retrieved 2009-11-07.
- ↑ Mike Williams on ESPN stats
- ↑ "Mike Williams Draft Profile", NFLDraftScout.com, http://www.nfldraftscout.com/ratings/dsprofile.php?pyid=67973&draftyear=2010&genpos=WR
- ↑ "Mike Williams Combine Profile", NFL.com, http://www.nfl.com/combine/profiles/mike-williams?id=497342, retrieved February 27, 2010
- ↑ Bucs sign fourth-round draft pick WR Mike Williams
- ↑ Bucs pull off win against Browns in season opener
- ↑ NFL.com Rookie leaders
- ↑ http://www.localsportsbuzz.com/Featured/News/222294/Tampa-Bay-Buccaneers-On-the-Record