|No. 71, 51|
|Date of birth:September 24, 1955|
|Place of birth: Cleveland, Ohio|
|NFL Draft: 1977 / Round: 2 / Pick: 53|
|No regular season or postseason appearances|
|* Baltimore Colts ( 1977– 1983)|
|Career highlights and awards|
|Stats at pro-football-reference.com|
Michael Thomas Ozdowski (born September 24, 1955) is a former American football defensive end who played four seasons with the Baltimore Colts of the National Football League (NFL). He was drafted by the Colts in the second round of the 1977 NFL Draft. He played college football at the University of Virginia and attended Parma Senior High School in Parma, Ohio.
Early years[edit | edit source]
Ozdowski played high school football for the Parma Senior High School Redmen, earning three varsity letters and All-State honors as a middle guard. He was a two-time Plain Dealer Player of the Week honoree and was selected to play in the North-South game. He graduated in 1973. Ozdowski was inducted into the Parma Senior High School Athletic Hall of Fame in 2007.
College career[edit | edit source]
Ozdowski was a four-year varsity letterman for the Virginia Cavaliers. He earned All-ACC, All-Academic, and Player of the Year honors during his college career. He was named the 1977 University of Virginia Athlete of the Year.
Professional career[edit | edit source]
Ozdowski was selected by the Baltimore Colts with the 53rd pick in the 1977 NFL Draft. He played in 54 games, starting 29, for the Colts from 1978 to 1981. He spent the 1982 season on injured reserve with a neck injury. Ozdowski became the Colts' new player representative during the 1982 NFL lockout after Herb Orvis, the prior representative, was cut by the team. Mike was released by the Colts on March 8, 1983.
Personal life[edit | edit source]
Ozdowski is the Head of the Mathematics Department at Saint Augustine High School in San Diego, California.
References[edit | edit source]
- "MIKE OZDOWSKI". profootballarchives.com. http://www.profootballarchives.com/ozdo00200.html. Retrieved November 15, 2014.
- "Michael Ozdowski - Parma Senior High School Class of 1973". parmacityschools.org. Archived from the original on September 27, 2015. https://web.archive.org/web/20150927142823/http://www.parmacityschools.org/Page/2267. Retrieved September 27, 2015.
- "The Baltimore Colts Tuesday released four players and acquired...". United Press International. March 8, 1983. Archived from the original on September 27, 2015. https://web.archive.org/web/20150927144039/http://www.upi.com/Archives/1983/03/08/The-Baltimore-Colts-Tuesday-released-four-players-and-acquired/3672415947600/. Retrieved September 27, 2015.
- Janofsky, Michael K. (September 10, 1982). "N.F.L. OWNERS STUDY LOCKOUT". The New York Times. Archived from the original on September 27, 2015. https://web.archive.org/web/20150927145022/http://www.nytimes.com/1982/09/10/sports/nfl-owners-study-lockout.html. Retrieved September 27, 2015.
- "Colts: 'Awfully Strong For a Weak Link'". The Washington Post. September 21, 1982. Archived from the original on September 27, 2015. https://www.webcitation.org/6brGMltfn?url=http://www.washingtonpost.com/archive/sports/1982/09/21/colts-awfully-strong-for-a-weak-link/79bb6428-97b1-4668-b904-891a4ebba112/. Retrieved September 27, 2015.
- "Mr. Michael Ozdowski". sahs.org. Archived from the original on September 27, 2015. https://web.archive.org/web/20150927143416/http://sahs.org/faculty/mr-michael-ozdowski/. Retrieved September 27, 2015.