|Date of birth:March 8, 1985|
|Place of birth: Austintown, Ohio|
|NFL Draft: 2008 / Round: 4 / Pick: 109|
|No regular season or postseason appearances|
|* Philadelphia Eagles ( 2008– 2010)|
|Career highlights and awards|
Michael Ryan McGlynn (born March 8, 1985) is an American football guard who is currently a free agent. He was drafted by the Philadelphia Eagles in the fourth round of the 2008 NFL Draft. He played college football at Pittsburgh.
Early years[edit | edit source]
College career[edit | edit source]
Professional career[edit | edit source]
Philadelphia Eagles[edit | edit source]
During the 2008 season, McGlynn was the backup left guard to Todd Herremans, and later Nick Cole. He was placed on injured reserve on January 7, 2009 due to a torn hamstring suffered in a Wild Card Playoff game against the Minnesota Vikings.
McGlynn was inactive for every game of the 2009 season. After Jamaal Jackson suffered a torn anterior cruciate ligament in week 16 against the Denver Broncos, McGlynn was the backup center behind Nick Cole for the rest of the season.
McGlynn became the starting center for the Eagles after Jackson suffered a torn triceps tendon before the start of the 2010 NFL season. He caught the first pass of his NFL career off a deflection on September 12, 2010. It came from Kevin Kolb and went for one yard.
McGlynn was released on September 3, 2011 during final roster cuts.
Cincinnati Bengals[edit | edit source]
On September 4, McGlynn was claimed off waivers by the Cincinnati Bengals. He played in seven games in 2011, starting four.
Indianapolis Colts[edit | edit source]
McGlynn was signed by the Indianapolis Colts on March 15, 2012.
Washington Redskins[edit | edit source]
Kansas City Chiefs[edit | edit source]
McGlynn signed with the Kansas City Chiefs on August 27, 2014. He started 13 games for the Chiefs in 2014, and was Pro Football Focus's worst ranked guard on the year, one of the main reasons Kansas City had one of the worst offensive lines in football that season.
New Orleans Saints[edit | edit source]
Personal life[edit | edit source]
McGlynn is the son of Terry and Michael McGlynn.
References[edit | edit source]
- "Samuel, Jackson pull hamstrings in practice". ESPN.com. June 4, 2008. http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3426568. Retrieved December 18, 2010.
- Patton, Steve (January 8, 2009). "Andrews back on practice field, but not ready to play". Reading Eagle. http://readingeagle.com/article.aspx?id=120356. Retrieved December 18, 2010.
- Grotz, Bob (December 29, 2009). "Jackson lost for season with knee injury". The Times Herald. http://www.timesherald.com/articles/2009/12/29/sports/doc4b39736165e52269575355.txt?viewmode=fullstory. Retrieved December 18, 2010.
- "Kolb, Bradley don't pass tests; Vick to take first-team reps". Philadelphia Daily News. September 15, 2010. http://www.philly.com/philly/blogs/dneagles/Kolb_Bradley_dont_pass_tests_Vick_to_take_first-team_reps.html. Retrieved December 18, 2010.
- Keim, John. "Redskins sign Mike McGlynn". ESPN.com. http://espn.go.com/blog/washington-redskins/post/_/id/6532/redskins-sign-mike-mcglynn. Retrieved March 28, 2014.
- Redskins Trim Roster To Required 75 Players
- Chiefs Sign Guard Mike McGlynn; Gottschalk Waived
- Nick Underhill, "Saints release WR Andy Tanner; sign OL Mike McGlynn", The Advocate, May 20, 2015.
[edit | edit source]
|Starting Center of the Philadelphia Eagles