|No. 9, 5|
|Date of birth:June 13, 1988|
|Place of birth: Canton, Ohio|
|Undrafted in 2011|
|No regular season or postseason appearances|
|* Indianapolis Colts ( 2011)*|
|Career highlights and awards|
Mike Hartline (born June 13, 1988) is a former American football quarterback. He was signed by the Indianapolis Colts as an undrafted free agent in 2011. He was signed by the New England Patriots in January 2012, but released in May 2012. He played college football at the University of Kentucky.
While a sophomore at GlenOak High School, Mike became the starting quarterback for the team when his brother Brian moved from quarterback to wide receiver. Mike started at quarterback his last two years in high school, attracting the attention of college scouts. In addition to Kentucky, he also expressed an interest in Ohio State (where his brother played) and Wisconsin.
Hartline signed with the Wildcats and redshirted in 2006. He saw limited action in 2007, backing up starting quarterback André Woodson. Hartline won the starting quarterback job in 2008 following Woodson's graduation, although later in the season he shared quarterback duties with freshman Randall Cobb. He stands 6 feet 6 inches tall and weighs 206 pounds.
On September 15, 2008, Hartline was chosen as the SEC Offensive Player of the Week. In Kentucky's game against Middle Tennessee State University on September 13, Hartline completed 28 of 47 passes for 254 yards with two touchdowns and no interceptions. On January 2, 2009, Hartline led the Wildcats to a victory over East Carolina in the Liberty Bowl, taking all snaps at quarterback due to an injury to Cobb, retaining his starting quarterback role for the Wildcats.
In the 2008 season, Hartline completed 172 of 311 passes for 1,666 yards. He threw nine touchdown passes versus eight interceptions, completed 55.3% of his pass attempts and had a quarterback rating of 104.7.
He completed 32-of-42 passes for 4 touchdowns and 349 yards during a win against the University of South Carolina in October 2010, rallying the team from a 28-10 halftime deficit. He was named the National Performer of the Week and National Quarterback of the Week for his efforts.
New England PatriotsEdit
On January 12, 2012, the Patriots signed Hartline for the 2012 season. He was released on May 15, 2012.
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 Cosby, Chip. "Article from". kentucky.com. http://www.kentucky.com/817/story/485290.html. Retrieved September 27, 2010.
- ↑ "espn.com Player bio from espn.com". Sports.espn.go.com. http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/player/stats?playerId=188612. Retrieved September 27, 2010.
- ↑ SEC Offensive Player of the Week from. .secsports.com[dead link]Template:Cbignore
- ↑ "UK 2008 season stats from espn.com". Sports.espn.go.com. http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/teams/stats?teamId=96. Retrieved September 27, 2010.
- ↑ http://www.ukathletics.com/sports/m-footbl/spec-rel/101710aaa.html, Kentucky Football, Retrieved October 17, 2010
- ↑ Indianapolis native returner among Colts' cuts