|Texas A&M Aggies — No. 13|
|Wide receiver||Redshirt Sophomore|
|Date of birth:August 21, 1993|
|Place of birth: Galveston, Texas|
|Height: 6 ft 5 in (1.96 m)||Weight: 231 lb (105 kg; 16 st 7 lb)|
|High school: Galveston (TX) Ball|
*Texas A&M University (2011−2013)
|Career highlights and awards|
|* Consensus All-American (2013)|
|Stats at ESPN.com|
Michael Lynn Evans (born August 21, 1993) is an American football wide receiver. He played one season of high school football at Ball High School in Galveston, Texas, and went on to play college football at Texas A&M for two seasons. As a sophomore at Texas A&M, Evans earned consensus first team All-American honors after recording a school record of 1,394 receiving yards on 69 receptions.
High school careerEdit
Evans attended Ball High School in Galveston, Texas, where he played football and basketball. As a senior in basketball, he averaged 18.3 points, 8.4 rebounds and 5.2 assists. He played football only during his senior year. He recorded 26 receptions for about 750 yards and 7 touchdowns. He was recruited by Texas A&M at wide receiver and eventually signed to play for the Aggies.
In the Alabama game during the 2013 season, Evans caught 7 passes for a school-record 279 yards. He received AT&T ESPN All-America Player of the Week honors. During the 2013 Auburn game, he broke his own record after he compiled 11 receptions for 287 yards and four touchdowns. As a sophomore in 2013, Evans was a first-team All-Southeastern Conference (SEC) selection. On December 17, 2013, it was announced that Evans was selected to the 2013 AP All-America Team, First Team. Evans ended the 2013 season with 69 receptions for 1,394 yards and twelve touchdowns.
2014 NFL CombineEdit
|Ht||WtArm lengthHand size||40-yd dash||10-yd split||20-yd split||20-ss||3-cone||Vert||Broad||BP|
|6 ft 5 in||231 lb35 1⁄8 in9 5⁄8 in||4.53 s||4.26 s||7.08 s||37.0 in||12 reps|
- ↑ http://blog.chron.com/sportsupdate/2014/01/texas-am-wr-mike-evans-opts-for-nfl-draft/#15438101=0
- ↑ "Mike Evans commits to A&M". http://tamu.rivals.com/barrier_noentry.asp?ReturnTo=&sid=&script=content.asp&cid=1166969&fid=&tid=&mid=&rid=.
- ↑ "Hairopoulos: Tall and talented, Aggies’ Mike Evans is Johnny Manziel’s go-to receiver". http://www.dallasnews.com/sports/college-sports/texas-aggies/20130925-hairopoulos-tall-and-talented-aggies-mike-evans-is-johnny-manziels-go-to-receiver.ece.
- ↑ Evans emerges as top target for Manziel, A&M
- ↑ Texas A&M football: Mike Evans showing Johnny Manziel not the Aggies' only big-time freshman
- ↑ "2012 SEC Football All-Freshman Team Announced". http://www.secdigitalnetwork.com/NEWS/tabid/473/Article/240002/2012-sec-football-all-freshman-team-announced.aspx.
- ↑ http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap1000000243968/article/mike-evans-lights-up-alabama-secondary-in-losing-effort
- ↑ "ESPN All America". http://espnallamerica.com/.
- ↑ http://www.al.com/auburnfootball/index.ssf/2013/10/auburn_secondary_overcomes_eno.html
- ↑ "2013 All-SEC Football Team Announced". SEC Digital Network. December 10, 2013. http://www.secdigitalnetwork.com/NEWS/tabid/473/Article/248317/2013-all-sec-football-team-announced.aspx.
- ↑ http://collegefootball.ap.org/article/ap-all-america-team-list
- ↑ Mayer, Larry (February 25, 2014). "Some draft prospects have Bears' ties". Chicago Bears. http://www.chicagobears.com/news/article-1/Some-draft-prospects-have-Bears-ties/5bfbdab5-a7b7-4fb2-bc16-b617c059a1af. Retrieved February 25, 2014.
- ↑ TEXAS A&M WR EVANS DECLARES FOR 2014 NFL DRAFT