Coe with the Giants in 2012
|Date of birth:December 17, 1983|
|Place of birth: Louisville, Kentucky|
|College: Alabama State|
|NFL Draft: 2007 / Round: 5 / Pick: 173|
|No regular season or postseason appearances|
|* Indianapolis Colts ( 2007-2009)|
|Career highlights and awards|
|* Super Bowl Champion (XLVI)|
|Stats at NFL.com|
Michael Coe (born December 17, 1983) is a former American football cornerback in the National Football League for the Jacksonville Jaguars, New York Giants, Miami Dolphins and Dallas Cowboys. He played college football at Alabama State University.
Coe attended and played football at Cordova High School in Memphis, Tennessee.
He began his college football career at the University of Arkansas and then transferred to Alabama State University for his final year of college, where his father, Charles Coe, was the football head coach.
Coe was selected by the Indianapolis Colts in the fifth round (173rd overall) of the 2007 NFL Draft. On August 12, 2008, he was placed on the injured reserve list with a left knee injury. He was waived injured on August 31.
On September 15, 2009, he was signed to the New York Giants practice squad. On November 25, he was signed by the Jacksonville Jaguars from the Giants practice squad. He was released on September 27, 2010.
On September 29, 2010, he was signed to the New York Giants practice squad. He was promoted to the active roster on November 27. On November 23, 2011, he was placed on the injured reserve list with a shoulder injury. In 2012, he was limited with a hamstring injury, before being placed on the injured reserve list on November 10. He was waived injured on November 26. On November 28, he signed as a free agent by the Miami Dolphins. He played in one game and was declared inactive for another one, before being cut on December 10. On December 11, he was claimed off waivers by the Dallas Cowboys. He played in 3 games mostly in dime packages and special teams, but wasn't re-signed after the season.
- ↑ "Michael Coe to Transfer to Alabama State". June 27, 2006. http://www.arkansasrazorbacks.com/ViewArticle.dbml?DB_OEM_ID=6100&ATCLID=312170. Retrieved 2012-09-05.
- ↑ "New York Giants activate Will Hill, place Michael Coe on IR". National Football League. 2012-11-10. http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap1000000092604/article/new-york-giants-activate-will-hill-place-michael-coe-on-ir. Retrieved 2012-11-10.
- ↑ "Cowboys claim CB Michael Coe". ESPN.com. 2012-12-11. http://www.espn.com/blog/dallas/cowboys/post/_/id/4702983/cowboys-claim-cb-michael-coe. Retrieved 2015-11-10.
- ↑ "Cowboys free agents: Michael Coe". ESPN.com. 2013-01-28. http://www.espn.com/blog/dallas/cowboys/post/_/id/4704350/cowboys-free-agents-michael-coe. Retrieved 2015-11-10.
- ↑ "Tiger-Cats Ink Four Defenders". 2015-05-26. http://www.oursportscentral.com/services/releases/tiger-cats-ink-four-defenders/n-4975934. Retrieved 2015-11-10.