|No. 74, 76, 96|
|Date of birth:August 14, 1988|
|Place of birth: Brooklyn, New York|
|College: Penn State|
|Undrafted in 2009|
|No regular season or postseason appearances|
|* New York Giants ( 2009)*|
|Career highlights and awards|
| * Big Ten Champion (2008)
|Stats at NFL.com|
|Stats at CFL.ca|
While playing for Christ The King Regional High School, Evans was a 4-star recruit by rivals.com and a First-team all state selection and was ranked the nations sixth best defensive end coming out of high school after recording 92 tackles, four sacks and four fumble recoveries as a senior. Evans was named an Army All-American as a senior and played in the U.S. Army All-American Bowl. He was heavily recruited by USC, Penn State, and Notre Dame.
Evans was an immediate contributor in 2006 as a true freshman, seeing action in all 13 games. He recorded 12 tackles (7 solo), 3.5 tackles for loss and 1.5 sacks. He would be named to the First Team of the Sporting News's the All-Big Ten Freshman Team. In 2007—Evans' first starting season at defensive end—Evans recorded 12.5 sacks (including 3.5 against Indiana). He also had 54 tackles, with 21.5 tackles for loss, to go with the 12.5 sacks, broke up 3 passes in coverage, and forced 5 fumbles. He was a finalist for the Ted Hendricks Award as a sophomore.
By the start of the 2008 season Evans was had been named to numerous preseason All-American teams, including Phil Steele's All-American first team. He was also on the 2008 Bednarik, Lombardi, and Nagurski award watchlists.
On September 2, 2008, the Penn State University Police responded to a report of loud music at the apartment Evans shared with teammates Abe Koroma, AJ Wallace, and Andrew Quarless. A search revealed a small amount of marijuana. Evans and Koroma were each charged and both were subsequently suspended from the team. On September 17, 2008, Evans and Koroma were charged with one count of marijuana possession. Both players entered a program for first-time offenders; under the terms of the program, if they successfully complete a year of probation, the charges may be expunged from their records.
In 10 games in 2008, Evans recorded just 34 tackles, 4.5 tackles for loss, and 3 sacks. Evans elected to leave Penn State after to 2008 season and enter the NFL Draft. He trained for the NFL Scouting Combine at Power Train Sports Performance in Millersville, Pennsylvania.
|Height||Weight||40-yard dash||10-yard split||20-yard split||20 ss||3-cone||Vert||Broad||BP||Wonderlic|
|6-2 **||264 **||4.99 *||X||X||4.57 *||7.32 *||29" *||8'01" *||17 *||21 *|
|**NFL Combine—"X" Denotes "No Data" or "Did Not Participate"|
New York GiantsEdit
Evans was signed as an undrafted free agent by the New York Giants after not being taken in the 2009 NFL Draft. He was waived during final cuts on September 4, 2009.
First stint with BuccaneersEdit
Second stint with BuccaneersEdit
He was waived on June 14, 2010.
Evans signed with the Chicago Bears on August 4, 2010.
Evans was waived by the Bears on August 30, 2010.
Evans has one child (Amari) with Long time Partner and girlfriend Ieisha
- ↑ Vacchiano, Ralph (2009-05-10). "Christ the King product Maurice Evans has Giant shot with Big Blue". Daily News. http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/football/giants/2009/05/10/2009-05-10_evans_has_giant_shot_at_dline.html.
- ↑ Vrentas, Jenny (2009-05-10). "Undrafted defensive end Maurice Evans hopes detour drove him to destiny with New York Giants". The Star-Ledger. http://www.nj.com/giants/index.ssf/2009/05/undrafted_defensive_end_mauric.html.
- ↑ Rittenberg, Adam (2007-09-17). "Evans, Koroma charged with one count each of marijuana possession". ESPN. http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=3593775. Retrieved 2007-10-18.
- ↑ Current, Former Penn State Players Get Probation Yahoo Sports, February 3, 2009
- ↑ "Penn State DE Evans to enter NFL draft". AP. https://www.google.com/hostednews/ap/article/ALeqM5jCuAaMGqLF28k7HpU8zF83SjcubAD95OKC100. Retrieved 2009-01-17.
- ↑ Thomas, Eric (2009-01-22). "PSU's Evans ready for NFL challenge". The Sentinel. http://www.cumberlink.com/articles/2009/01/23/features/penn_state_football/doc49792f050a56d750646010.txt. Retrieved 2009-01-23.
- ↑ Maurice Evans Scouting Report FF Toolbox.com. Retrieved May 8, 2009.
- ↑ http://www.buccaneers.com/team/roster.aspx
- ↑ Lions ink defensive line duo Geathers and Evans
- ↑ "2012-06-22". bclions.com. Archived from the original on August 23, 2015. https://web.archive.org/web/20150823000357/http://www.bclions.com/page/transactions_bc. Retrieved August 31, 2014.