|No. 64 Edmonton Eskimos|
|Date of birth:||March 26, 1989|
|Place of birth:||Comox, British Columbia|
|Height:||6 ft 9 in (2.06 m)|
|CFL Draft:||2011 / Round: 2nd / Pick: 15th|
|Drafted by:||Saskatchewan Roughriders|
|Career highlights and awards|
|Awards:||2010 J. P. Metras Trophy OUA|
|Playing stats at|
Matthew O'Donnell (born March 26, 1989 in Comox, British Columbia) is an American football offensive lineman who is currently a free agent. O'Donnell played high school football at Holy Cross Catholic Secondary School in Kingston Ontario. In the Canadian Football League's Amateur Scouting Bureau final rankings, he was ranked as the 11th best player for players eligible in the 2011 CFL Draft, and sixth by players in the CIS. On December 17, 2010, it was announced that O'Donnell was one of two CIS players to be named to the East–West Shrine Game.
When O’Donnell first suited up at Queen's back in 2007 he was a sizable yet very green 18-year-old rookie. But his time spent under the Queen's coaching staff allowed him to develop into one of the top offensive line prospects in the country heading into the 2011 CFL Draft. Heading into the draft O'Donnell was ranked 11th on the CFL Amateur Scouting Bureau's list of the top prospects.
The ranking is certainly deserved after an impressive college career. He won the Gaels’ Justin Schwieg Trophy as most improved player in 2008, and was named The Orrin Carson Memorial Trophy for best Offensive Lineman twice, for the 2009 and 2010 seasons. He was also named a first-team All-Canadian in both 2009 and 2010, and took home the OUA award for best lineman this past season.
O'Donnell was chosen in the second round and 15th overall by the Saskatchewan Roughriders. O'Donnell was the fourth offensive lineman taken in the draft, but was the highest CIS offensive lineman selected.
On May 31, 2011, it was reported that O'Donnell had chosen to delay his signing with the Roughriders due to the NBA's Boston Celtics put him through a workout session in June. This move was seen as peculiar given the fact that he had not played basketball since high school.
In December 2011, O'Donnell signed a 2 year extension with the Bengals. 
Waived by Cincinnati Bengals on August 31, 2012. 
- ↑ http://www.cfl.ca/page/ecamp-scouting-bureau_april_2011
- ↑ http://www.cfl.ca/article/parker-o-donnell-selected-to-shrine-game
- ↑ http://www.tsn.ca/nba/story/?id=367498 Roughrider's O'Donnell has tryout with the NBA's Celtics
- ↑ http://sports.yahoo.com/cfl/blog/cfl_experts/post/matt-odonnell-works-out-for-raptors-but-is-nfl-his-goal?urn=cfl,wp71
- ↑ http://www.tsn.ca/nfl/story/?id=372501
- ↑ http://www.pressofatlanticcity.com/sports/friday-s-nfl-transactions-list/article_35a30830-f3ea-11e1-8a23-0019bb2963f4.html
- ↑ http://esks.com/article/eskimos-agree-to-terms-with-matthew-odonnell