|Title||Passing Game Coordinator|
|Born||January 26, 1972|
|1991–1994||Western Montana College|
|Coaching career (HC unless noted)|
|Colorado State (GA)|
Cal State Northridge (DB)
San Jose State (WR)
Oregon State (DB)
Colorado State (WR)
Ole Miss (WR)
Arizona State (DB)
Matt Lubick (born January 26, 1972) is an American football coach. He is the current passing game coordinator and wide receivers coach for the University of Oregon football team. Lubick was named the 2012 FootballScoop Wide Receivers Coach of the Year. He is the son of former Colorado State University head football coach, Sonny Lubick.
Lubick was a four year starter at defensive back for Western Montana College and earned all-conference and NAIA All-America honors as a senior. He earned a bachelor’s degree in exercise and sport science from Colorado State in 1995.
Lubick began his coaching career in 1995 as a student assistant coach and academic supervisor under his father, Sonny Lubick at Colorado State University. He then coached one season at Cal State-Northridge in 1996 and two seasons at San Jose State as wide receivers coach (1997–1998). Lubick coached the defensive backs while helping coordinate Oregon State's recruiting efforts for two seasons (1999–2000).
In 2001 Lubrick returned to Colorado State as wide receivers coach from 2001–2004. Lubick spent two seasons at Ole Miss, where he helped recruit star all-purpose back Dexter McCluster. Former Oregon State head coach Dennis Erickson hired Lubick again in 2007 at Arizona State, where Lubick spent three seasons before moving to Duke as passing game coordinator, receivers coach and recruiting coordinator.
Lubick was one of three finalists for the American Football Coaches Association's Assistant Coach of the Year award for 2012. A big reason is the production his receivers turned in for Duke, which reached a bowl game for the first time since 1994. He was also named the wide receivers coach of the year in 2012 by footballscoop.com.
Duke was the only FBS team in the country in 2012 with three receivers to catch at least 60 passes, led by Conner Vernon’s program-record 85 receptions. Vernon and Jamison Crowder also set an ACC record for most catches by a receiving tandem, combining for 157 receptions on the year. The Blue Devils were the 31st-ranked passing team in the FBS in 2012.
On January 28, 2013 University of Oregon football coach Mark Helfrich hired Lubick as the Ducks passing game coordinator and wide receivers coach. He replaced Scott Frost, who was promoted to offensive coordinator.
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 "Matt Lubick Hired as Passing Game Coordinator and Wide Receivers Coach - GoDucks.com - The University of Oregon Official Athletics Web Site". GoDucks.com. http://www.goducks.com/ViewArticle.dbml?DB_OEM_ID=500&ATCLID=206161060. Retrieved 2013-02-09.
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 "Wide Receivers". Footballscoop.com. http://www.footballscoop.com/coaching-awards/2012-coaches-of-the-year/wide-receivers. Retrieved 2013-02-09.
- ↑ Sonny Lubick. "Player Bio: Sonny Lubick - Colorado State University Official Athletic Site". Csurams.com. http://www.csurams.com/sports/m-footbl/mtt/lubick_sonny00.html. Retrieved 2013-02-09.
- ↑ 4.0 4.1 "Matt Lubick Bio - Duke University Blue Devils | Official Athletics Site". GoDuke.com. http://www.goduke.com/ViewArticle.dbml?DB_OEM_ID=4200&ATCLID=204893696. Retrieved 2013-02-09.
- ↑ "Player Bio: Matt Lubick - Arizona State University Official Athletic Site". Thesundevils.com. http://www.thesundevils.com/sports/m-footbl/mtt/lubick_matt00.html. Retrieved 2013-02-09.
- ↑ http://www.registerguard.com/web/updates/29353960-55/lubick-coach-com-ducks-oregon.html.csp
- ↑ 7.0 7.1 STEVE WISEMAN; firstname.lastname@example.org; 919-419-6671 (2013-01-25). "Lubick leaves Duke for position at Oregon". The Herald-Sun. http://www.heraldsun.com/sports/x3713732/Lubick-leaves-Duke-for-position-at-Oregon. Retrieved 2013-02-09.