Mitchell at the 2010 Saints Super Bowl parade
|No. 55 Minnesota Vikings|
|Date of birth:October 21, 1984|
|Place of birth: Norfolk, Virginia|
|Height: 6 ft 3 in (1.91 m)||Weight: 249 lb (113 kg)|
|NFL Draft: 2007 / Round: 7 / Pick: 220|
|Debuted in 2007 for the New Orleans Saints|
|Roster status: Active|
|Career highlights and awards|
|Career NFL statistics as of Week 17, 2012|
|Stats at NFL.com|
Marvin Mitchell (born October 21, 1984) is an American football linebacker for the Minnesota Vikings of the National Football League. He was drafted by the New Orleans Saints in the seventh round of the 2007 NFL Draft. He played college football at Tennessee.
Mitchell has also played for the Miami Dolphins.
Mitchell attended Lake Taylor High School in Norfolk, Virginia, where he was an all-district selection on both sides of the ball, playing tight end on offense. He also played basketball, ran track and threw shot put.
Mitchell attended the University of Tennessee, where he played on the school's football team. Though scheduled to redshirt his freshman year, Mitchell played due to injuries to other players. Mitchell missed the 2004 season stemming from an injury suffered while practicing for the Peach Bowl the previous year.
On May 1, 2006, Mitchell was arrested in Knoxville, Tennessee, and charged with disorderly conduct. He was suspended indefinitely from the team, but allowed to return after reaching an agreement with prosecutors.
New Orleans SaintsEdit
After being drafted in the seventh round of the 2007 draft, Mitchell was signed to a three-year contract on June 18, 2007, and was assigned to the practice squad. Due to an injury to Scott Fujita, Mitchell was brought up from the practice squad and made his NFL debut on October 7, 2007, against the Carolina Panthers.
Mitchell signed with the Miami Dolphins on August 15, 2011.
- ↑ Marvin Mitchell Profile, http://tennessee.scout.com/a.z?s=7&p=8&c=1&nid=2640891, retrieved 2007-10-21
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 2.2 Marvin Mitchell Player Page, http://www.neworleanssaints.com/Team/Roster/People/Marvin%20Mitchell.aspx, retrieved 2007-10-21
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 3.2 Marvin Mitchell - NFL Draft Tracker, ESPN.com, http://insider.espn.go.com/nfldraft/draft/tracker/player?id=10962&action=login&appRedirect=http%3a%2f%2finsider.espn.go.com%2fnfldraft%2fdraft%2ftracker%2fplayer%3fid%3d10962, retrieved 2007-10-21
- ↑ Low, Chris (– Scholar search), Fulmer Blasts Team After Player's Arrest, http://www.wltx.com/sports/sports.aspx?storyid=37546, retrieved 2007-10-21[dead link][dead link]
- ↑ "Notes: Big East adds Birmingham Bowl to lineup", USA Today (USA Today), 2006-05-02, http://www.usatoday.com/sports/college/football/2006-05-02-roundup_x.htm, retrieved 2007-10-21
- ↑ Duncan, Jeff, Saints-Panthers pre-game notes, New Orleans Times-Picayune, http://blog.nola.com/saintsbeat/2007/10/saintspanthers_pregame_notes.html, retrieved 2007-10-21
- ↑ First Look: The New Orleans Saints, http://buccaneers.scout.com/a.z?s=70&p=2&c=688661, retrieved 2007-10-21
- ↑ Kasay kicks Carolina over struggling Saints, Seattle Post-Intelligencer, http://www.seattlepi.com/scorecard/nflnews.asp?articleID=212543, retrieved 2007-10-21[dead link]
- ↑ Holder, Larry (– Scholar search), Saints notes - Bush rates himself harshly, The Charlotte Observer, http://www.charlotte.com/panthers/story/310340.html, retrieved 2007-10-21[dead link]
- ↑ Vikings Sign LB Marvin Mitchell