|No. 11 – Jacksonville Jaguars|
|Born:||March 12, 1990|
Long Beach, California
|Height:||6 ft 2 in (1.88 m)|
|Weight:||198 lb (90 kg)|
|High school:||Rancho Cucamonga (CA) Etiwanda|
|NFL Draft:||2012 / Round: 5 / Pick: 166|
Marvin Lewis Jones Jr. (born March 12, 1990) is an American football wide receiver for the Jacksonville Jaguars of the National Football League (NFL). He was drafted by the Cincinnati Bengals in the fifth round of the 2012 NFL Draft. He played college football at California.
High school career
Jones attended Etiwanda High School, in Rancho Cucamonga, California, from 2004 to 2008. As a senior, he had 81 receptions for 1,040 yards and 10 touchdowns, leading the Eagles to a share of the Baseline League championship. He is Etiwanda's all-time leading receiver and was a Super Prep magazine All-American.
Jones attended the University of California, Berkeley from 2008 to 2011. As a senior, he caught 62 passes for 846 yards and three touchdowns for the 7-6 Bears and he was named Honorable Mention All-Pac-12. In his career, Jones started 38 of 43 games, recording 156 receptions for 2,270 yards and 13 touchdowns.
|Ht||WtArm lengthHand size||40-yd dash||10-yd split||20-yd split||20-ss||3-cone||Vert||Broad||BP|
|6 ft 2 in||199 lb33⅛ in10¼ in||4.46 s||1.51 s||2.58 s||4.11 s||6.81 s||33.0 in||9 ft 4 in||22 reps|
Jones was drafted in the fifth round, 166th overall, by the Cincinnati Bengals in the 2012 NFL Draft. He saw a limited role in the Bengals offense during his rookie season, starting in five of 11 games and catching 18 passes.
In the 2013 season, he had a breakout performance in the team's 49-9 win over the New York Jets in Week 8, catching eight passes for 122 yards and a franchise record four touchdowns. He finished the year with 51 receptions for 712 yards and 10 touchdowns, along with 65 rushing yards. In the 2013 season, his receiving yards and touchdown catches both ranked second on the team. In the Bengals 27-10 playoff loss against the San Diego Chargers, Jones set a franchise playoff record with 130 receiving yards on eight catches.
Ankle and foot injuries kept Jones out of action for the entire 2014 season. He was due to return to the lineup in Week 5, but he re-injured his ankle in practice the week before and, on October 14, he was placed on Injured Reserve, ending his season.
After missing all of the 2014 season, Jones returned in 2015 and caught 65 passes for 816 yards and four touchdowns. His first score since returning came in week two in a 24-19 victory over the San Diego Chargers, the last team he had played in a meaningful game against (2013-14 playoffs). Four weeks later, Jones set a season-high mark with nine receptions and 95 yards to go along with a touchdown in the Bengals' 34-21 win over the Buffalo Bills.
Jones was held under 40 yards in each of the Bengals' last three games, all without original starting quarterback Andy Dalton. With AJ McCarron under center, Jones recorded four receptions for 32 yards in Cincinnati's 18–16 playoff loss to the Pittsburgh Steelers.
On March 11, 2016, the Detroit Lions signed Jones to a five-year, $40 million contract. In his first year with the Lions, Jones started 15 games, recording 55 catches for 930 yards and four touchdowns.
On September 18, 2017, against the New York Giants on Monday Night Football, Jones recorded his first touchdown of the season, a 27-yard reception from Matthew Stafford, in the first quarter. He finished the 2017 season with 61 receptions for a career-high 1,101 yards and nine touchdowns.
In 2018, Jones played in nine games before suffering a knee injury in Week 10. He missed the next two games before being placed on injured reserve on November 26, 2018. He finished the season with 35 catches for 508 yards and five touchdowns.
Jones is married to Jazmyn Jones.
- "Detroit Lions: Marvin Jones Jr.". http://www.detroitlions.com/team/roster/Marvin-Jones%20Jr./25a92123-778e-43e2-a6d1-647158d8f875.
- "Marvin Jones #82 WR". NFL. http://www.nfl.com/player/marvinjones/2532884/profile. Retrieved January 5, 2014.
- "Fontana’s Marvin Jones is playing for NFL’s Cincinnati Bengals". Fontana Herald News. http://www.fontanaheraldnews.com/news/article_4521ee25-a6fb-5747-ae68-5b7ebe912c1b.html?mode=jqm.
- "Archived copy". Archived from the original on October 19, 2014. https://web.archive.org/web/20141019083055/http://www.calbears.com/fls/30100/old_site/pdf/m-footbl/2012-13/misc_non_event/mg-133-186.pdf?DB_OEM_ID=30100. Retrieved October 14, 2014.
- "New York Jets at Cincinnati Bengals - October 27th, 2013". https://www.pro-football-reference.com/boxscores/201310270cin.htm.
- "Wild Card - San Diego Chargers at Cincinnati Bengals - January 5th, 2014". https://www.pro-football-reference.com/boxscores/201401050cin.htm.
- "Cincinnati Bengals at Buffalo Bills - October 18th, 2015". https://www.pro-football-reference.com/boxscores/201510180buf.htm.
- "Wild Card - Pittsburgh Steelers at Cincinnati Bengals - January 9th, 2016". https://www.pro-football-reference.com/boxscores/201601090cin.htm.
- "Lions sign unrestricted free agent WR Marvin Jones". Detroit Lions. March 10, 2016. http://www.detroitlions.com/news/article-1/Lions-sign-unrestricted-free-agent-WR-Marvin-Jones/7e102cd9-7312-4b19-8d29-9aeb5b48a0ce. Retrieved March 10, 2016.
- Patra, Kevin (March 10, 2016). "Marvin Jones to sign 5-year, $40 million deal with Lions". NFL.com. http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000642610/article/marvin-jones-to-sign-5year-40-million-deal-with-lions. Retrieved March 10, 2016.
- "Detroit Lions at New York Giants - September 18th, 2017". Pro-Football-Reference.com. https://www.pro-football-reference.com/boxscores/201709180nyg.htm. Retrieved October 31, 2017.
- "Lions place WR Marvin Jones Jr. on Reserve-Injured". November 26, 2018. https://www.detroitlions.com/news/lions-place-wr-marvin-jones-jr-on-reserve-injured.
- "Marvin Jones Stats". ESPN Internet Ventures. http://espn.go.com/nfl/player/stats/_/id/15072/marvin-jones. Retrieved April 12, 2017.
- "Marvin Jones’ wife Jazmyn Jones". playerwives.com. Archived from the original on November 24, 2017. https://web.archive.org/web/20171124020824/http://www.playerwives.com/nfl/cincinnati-bengals/marvin-jones-wife-jazmyn-jones/. Retrieved November 23, 2017.