LeGree during a Seattle Seahawks preseason game in 2011.
|No. -- Free Agent|
|Date of birth:July 8, 1989|
|Place of birth: St. Helena Island, South Carolina|
|Height: 6 ft 0 in (1.83 m)||Weight: 211 lb (96 kg)|
|College: Appalachian State|
|NFL Draft: 2011 / Round: 5 / Pick: 156|
|No regular season or postseason appearances|
|* Seattle Seahawks ( 2011)*
|Career highlights and awards|
|* College awards and honors|
|Career NFL statistics as of 2011|
Mark DeAndre' LeGree (born July 8, 1989) is an American football safety. He was selected by the Seattle Seahawks in the fifth round of the 2011 NFL Draft. He played collegiately with the Appalachian State University Mountaineers.
LeGree was a two-time All-American in NCAA Division I Football Championship (Division I-AA) at Appalachian State. He intercepted 10 passes in 2008 and 7 in 2009. Despite LeGree's all-state status in high school, he was not highly recruited at the college level. LeGree's offer to play at Appalachian State came only after he sent the school a video tape of his high school play.
LeGree was drafted by the Seattle Seahawks with the 25th pick in the fifth round of the 2011 NFL Draft. The Seahawks were the only team to bring him in for a formal visit during the recruiting process. Due to the NFL labor dispute, LeGree attained a job working for a general contractor until the dispute was resolved.
LeGree struggled to become acclimated to Seattle's defense during the abbreviated training camp sessions and was subsequently released on September 3, 2011 during the final roster cuts prior to the start of the season.
First stint with 49ers
New York Jets
Second stint with 49ers
The 49ers signed LeGree to a reserve/future contract on January 24, 2012. He was waived on August 11, 2012.
- One-time St. Helena Island man drafted into NFL thedigitel.com
- Price, Kevin (April 30, 2011). "Update: Seahawks draft former Pacelli standout Mark LeGree". Ledger-Enquirer. Archived from the original on December 14, 2011. http://www.webcitation.org/63vx9LTo9. Retrieved December 14, 2011.
- Mark Legree GoASU.com
- O'Neil, Danny (July 22, 2011). "Take 2: Seahawks rookie Mark Legree is ready to go to work — on the football field". The Seattle Times. Archived from the original on December 14, 2011. http://www.webcitation.org/63vxXUPzj. Retrieved December 14, 2011.
- Mathews, Liz (August 27, 2011). "Making the cut: Seahawks safety Mark LeGree has 'no regrets'". MyNorthWest.com. Archived from the original on December 14, 2011. http://www.webcitation.org/63vy22vNE. Retrieved December 14, 2011.
- Booth, Tim (September 3, 2011). "Seahawks release 20 to reach roster limit". KomoNews.com. Archived from the original on December 14, 2011. http://www.webcitation.org/63vyM0eA1. Retrieved December 14, 2011.
- Espinoza, Alex (November 15, 2011). "49ers Add LeGree to P-Squad". San Francisco 49ers. Archived from the original on December 14, 2011. http://www.webcitation.org/63vw4gbna. Retrieved December 14, 2011.
- "Cardinals re-sign punter Graham". The News Tribune. October 5, 2011. Archived from the original on December 14, 2011. http://www.webcitation.org/63vzBTNgK. Retrieved December 14, 2011.
- Espinoza, Alex (November 29, 2011). "49ers Sign Matthews to P-Squad". San Francisco 49ers. Archived from the original on December 14, 2011. http://www.webcitation.org/63vwFXfvF. Retrieved December 14, 2011.
- Jets Media Relations Department (December 13, 2011). "Veteran S Gerald Alexander Signed". New York Jets. Archived from the original on December 14, 2011. http://www.webcitation.org/63vwNDiVz. Retrieved December 14, 2011.
- "Steltz, Walters will get more chances". Chicagobears.com. http://www.chicagobears.com/news/NewsStory.asp?story_id=8997. Retrieved 2012-08-23.
- Mayer, Larry. "Bears reach 53-man roster limit". Chicagobears.com. http://www.chicagobears.com/news/article-1/Bears-reach-53-man-roster-limit/d1ca7b2d-acca-46d6-b488-46f71f813615. Retrieved 2012-09-01.
- Adams, Jay (2 September 2012). "Falcons Complete Practice Squad". Atlanta Falcons. http://www.atlantafalcons.com/news/article-1/Falcons-Complete-Practice-Squad/cc5a7e1b-24eb-434f-9f60-935a5bf9db33. Retrieved 5 September 2012.
- Mark LeGree at the Appalachian State Mountaineers official athletics website
- Mark LeGree at the Atlanta Falcons website