|Date of birth:||February 12, 1961|
|Place of birth:||Pardeeville, Wisconsin|
|NFL Draft:||1983 / Round: 8|
|Career highlights and awards|
|Pro Bowls:||1988, 1990|
|Playing stats at|
Mark Steven Bortz (born February 12, 1961 in Pardeeville, Wisconsin) was a guard in the National Football League. He attended the University of Iowa and was drafted by the Bears in 1983 for the Chicago Bears and played there until 1994.
The Bears' 1983 draft class is regarded as one of the best of all-time; providing 7 starters, including 3 for the Offensive Line - Bortz, fellow Guard Tom Thayer, and Tackle Jim Covert. When interviewed about the draft class for nfl.com, Coach Mike Ditka stated that Bortz was a converted defensive player, with great feet, and he formed part of a solid offensive line.
- ↑ Mark Bortz (2012-12-31). "Mark Bortz, G at". Nfl.com. http://www.nfl.com/player/markbortz/2499713/profile. Retrieved 2013-03-07.
- ↑ "Chicago Bears Insider: Another Draft Like1983?". Bleacher Report. http://bleacherreport.com/articles/681287-chicago-bears-insider-another-draft-like1983. Retrieved 2013-03-07.
- ↑ Hamel, Don (2011-04-27). "Top Five: Best NFL Draft Years For The Chicago Bears - SB Nation Chicago". Chicago.sbnation.com. http://chicago.sbnation.com/chicago-bears/2011/4/27/2136995/top-five-chicago-bears-draft-years. Retrieved 2013-03-07.
- ↑ Taylor, Roy. "1985 Chicago Bears". Bearshistory.com. http://www.bearshistory.com/seasons/1985chicagobears.aspx. Retrieved 2013-03-07.
- ↑ Mayer, Larry (2013-03-07). "Bortz loses downstate home to fire". Chicago Bears. http://www.chicagobears.com/news/article-1/Bortz-loses-downstate-home-to-fire/2c6e8002-586c-4c54-9c4a-5564ba1cdaa0. Retrieved 2013-03-07.
|This biographical article relating to an American football offensive lineman born in the 1960s is a stub. You can help The American Football Database by expanding it.|
|This college football-related article is a stub. You can help The American Football Database by expanding it.|