Gilyard while with the St. Louis Rams.
|No. 7 Jacksonville Sharks|
|Date of birth:December 2, 1986|
|Place of birth: Daytona Beach, Florida|
|High School: Bunnell (FL) Flagler–Palm Coast|
|Height: 5 ft 11 in (1.80 m)||Weight: 194 lb (88 kg)|
|NFL Draft: 2010 / Round: 4 / Pick: 99|
|Debuted in 2010 for the St. Louis Rams|
| *St. Louis Rams ( 2010)
|Roster status: Active|
|Career highlights and awards|
| * 2× All-American (2008-KR, 2009-WR)
|Career NFL statistics as of Week 15, 2012|
Marshawn "Mardy" Gilyard (born December 2, 1986) is an American football wide receiver for the Jacksonville Sharks of the Arena Football League (AFL). He was drafted by the St. Louis Rams in the fourth round of the 2010 NFL Draft. He played college football at the University of Cincinnati.
Gilyard attended Flagler Palm Coast High School in Bunnell, Florida, where he was a first-team Class 5A all-state selection. He capped his career with over 2,500 yards and 30 touchdowns and was named MVP of the Florida Coast All-Star Game.
Considered only a two-star recruit by Rivals.com, Gilyard was not ranked among the nation's best wide receiver prospects. He committed to Cincinnati on February 2, 2005. Gilyard spent 2007 playing for the Kings Comets of the Mid Continental Football League.
Gilyard played cornerback as a freshman in 2005. He finished the season with seven tackles. As a sophomore in 2006 he was redshirted due to academic reasons. In 2007 Gilyard started 7 of 12 games at wide receiver for the Bearcats. He finished the season with 36 receptions for 536 yards and 3 touchdowns. In 2008 he recorded 81 receptions for 1,276 yards and 11 touchdowns. As a senior in 2009 he was an All-American after he had 87 receptions for 1,191 yards and 11 touchdowns. He was selected to play in the 2010 Senior Bowl and was the offensive player of the game after he had 103 yards on five receptions and a touchdown.
Gilyard finished his college career with 204 receptions for 3,003 yards and 25 touchdowns.
|Ht||Wt||40-yd dash||10-yd split||20-yd split||20-ss||3-cone||Vert||Broad||BP||Wonderlic|
|5 ft 11⅞ in||187 lb||4.52 s||1.53 s||2.62 s||4.14 s||6.78 s||39 in||9 ft 8 in|
St. Louis RamsEdit
Gilyard was drafted with the 1st pick in the 4th round (99th overall) by the St. Louis Rams in the 2010 NFL Draft. On June 28, 2010, Gilyard signed a four-year $2.32 million contract with a signing bonus of $552,000.
He was released by the Rams in the final cutdown after the fourth preseason game in the 2011 preseason.
New York JetsEdit
Gilyard worked out for the Philadelphia Eagles in September 2011 and met with the team again on January 5, 2012. He was signed to a futures contract the following day. On August 31st, 2012 Gilyard was released by the Philadelphia Eagles. On September 11, 2012, he was signed by the Eagles. On November 23, 2012, he was released by the Eagles to make room for Greg Salas.
Second Stint with the JetsEdit
Kansas City ChiefsEdit
On October 3, 2013 Gilyard signed with the Montreal Alouettes. 
- ↑ Rivals.com Profile
- ↑ Reid: Gilyard will bring talent and personality with him to Rams
- ↑ Cincy's Gilyard has 103 yards receiving, TD; Florida's Tebow shaky
- ↑ "Mardy Gillyard". NFL Draftscout.com. 2010-02-29. http://www.nfldraftscout.com/ratings/dsprofile.php?pyid=77928&draftyear=2010&genpos=WR. Retrieved 2010-09-01.
- ↑ Mardy Gilyard Selected By St. Louis Rams In Fourth Round Of NFL Draft
- ↑ Vrentas, Jenny (September 4, 2011). "Jets awarded four players off waivers, including QB Kevin O'Connell; cut Aaron Maybin". The Star-Ledger. Archived from the original on September 13, 2011. http://www.webcitation.org/61fx5E7HS. Retrieved September 4, 2011.
- ↑ Mehta, Manish (September 9, 2011). "Sources: Mo Wilkerson fined $10,000 for fight with Brandon Jacobs; WR Mardy Gilyard cut & Trufant elevated from practice squad". New York Daily News. Archived from the original on September 13, 2011. http://www.webcitation.org/61fxA7WS6. Retrieved September 9, 2011.
- ↑ Benjamin, Cody (January 5, 2012). "Eagles meet with Gilyard, re-sign OG Reynolds". Bleed Green. http://www.bleed-green.com/blog/?p=12435.
- ↑ Lange, Randy (28 November 2012). "WR Mardy Gilyard Signed to Active Roster". New York Jets. Archived from the original on 28 November 2012. http://www.webcitation.org/6CWHvXc0K. Retrieved 28 November 2012.
- ↑ Jets Media Relations Department (24 December 2012). "WR Mardy Gilyard Waived". New York Jets. Archived from the original on 25 December 2012. http://www.webcitation.org/6DB4llV6E. Retrieved 25 December 2012.
- ↑ O'Brien, Andrew (9 February 2013). "Gilyard signs with the Kansas City Chiefs". Palm Coast Observer. Archived from the original on 10 February 2013. http://www.webcitation.org/6EKcMQe72. Retrieved 10 February 2013.
- ↑ Teicher, Adam (July 25, 2013). "Chiefs release receiver Mardy Gilyard". The Kansas City Star. http://www.kansascity.com/2013/07/25/4367743/chiefs-release-receiver-mardy.html.
- ↑ http://cfl.ca/article/brink-inked-quarterback-joins-als-practice-roster
- ↑ "Sharks Ink Former NFL Receiver Mardy Gilyard". www.oursportscentral.com. OurSports Central. October 31, 2013. http://www.oursportscentral.com/services/releases/?id=4699736. Retrieved November 1, 2013.