|File:Marcus Johnson (wide receiver).jpg|
|No. 16 – Indianapolis Colts|
|Born:||August 5, 1994|
League City, Texas
|Height:||6 ft 1 in (1.85 m)|
|Weight:||204 lb (93 kg)|
|High school:||Clear Springs|
(League City, Texas)
|Career highlights and awards
|Career NFL statistics as of 2018|
Marcus Johnson (born August 5, 1994) is an American football wide receiver for the Indianapolis Colts of the National Football League (NFL). After playing college football for Texas, he was signed by the Philadelphia Eagles as an undrafted free agent following the 2016 NFL Draft. He would go on to win Super Bowl LII with the Eagles, defeating the New England Patriots.
Early years[edit | edit source]
College career[edit | edit source]
Johnson attended and played college football at the University of Texas.
Collegiate statistics[edit | edit source]
Professional career[edit | edit source]
|Ht||Wt||40-yd dash||10-yd split||20-yd split||20-ss||3-cone||Vert||Broad||BP||Wonderlic|
|6 ft 07⁄8 in||215 lb||4.39 s||1.53 s||2.48 s||4.39 s||7.26 s||37 in||11 ft 3 in||22 rep|
Philadelphia Eagles[edit | edit source]
Johnson signed with the Philadelphia Eagles as an undrafted free agent on May 5, 2016. He suffered a quadriceps injury early in training camp that caused him to miss most of the practices. He was waived during final roster cuts on September 3, 2016, but was re-signed to the team's practice squad the next day. He was released by the Eagles on September 13, but was later re-signed back to their practice squad on December 2. He signed a reserve/future contract with the Eagles on January 2, 2017.
After impressing coaches during training camp in 2017, Johnson made the 53-man roster on September 2, 2017. In Week 5, against the Arizona Cardinals, he recorded his first career catch, a six-yard reception. Johnson was a member of the Eagles Super Bowl LII Championship team after defeating the New England Patriots 41-33.
Seattle Seahawks[edit | edit source]
On March 7, 2018, Johnson and a 2018 fifth-round draft pick were traded to the Seattle Seahawks in exchange for Michael Bennett and a seventh-round draft pick. The trade became official on March 14, 2018, at the start of the new league year.
Indianapolis Colts[edit | edit source]
On September 1, 2018, Johnson was traded to the Indianapolis Colts for tight end Darrell Daniels. In Week 6, against the New York Jets, he scored his first professional touchdown. He was placed on injured reserve on October 16, 2018 after suffering an ankle injury in Week 6.
References[edit | edit source]
- Levesque, Jim. "Clear Springs, UT alum Marcus Johnson readies to impress NFL scouts" (in en). https://www.galvnews.com/sports/high_school/article_8888566d-c7b6-5743-bd54-65144c11bbe3.html.
- "Marcus Johnson College Stats" (in en). https://www.sports-reference.com/cfb/players/marcus-johnson-3.html.
- "Marcus Johnson, DS #57 WR, Texas". http://www.nfldraftscout.com/ratings/dsprofile.php?pyid=123719&draftyear=2016&genpos=WR. Retrieved September 8, 2017.
- Gowton, Brandon Lee (May 5, 2016). "Undrafted Free Agents 2016: Eagles agree to terms with 16 rookies". https://www.bleedinggreennation.com/2016/5/5/11544950/undrafted-free-agents-2016-eagles-philadelphia-roster-signings-rookies. Retrieved October 7, 2017.
- Murphy, David (August 1, 2017). "Finally healthy, Marcus Johnson a legit contender for Eagles' roster". The Philadelphia Inquirer. http://www.philly.com/philly/sports/eagles/finally-healthy-marcus-johnson-a-contender-for-philadelphia-eagles-roster-david-murphy-20170801.html. Retrieved September 8, 2017.
- McPherson, Chris; Smith, Alex (September 3, 2016). "Eagles Trim Roster to 53 Players". https://web.archive.org/web/20170827043215/http://www.philadelphiaeagles.com/news/article-1/Eagles-Trim-Roster-to-53-Players/d944f9aa-c29e-4e64-8fcc-0016e13dcdec. Retrieved October 7, 2017.
- "Eagles Claim Three Players Off Waivers". September 4, 2016. https://www.philadelphiaeagles.com/news/eagles-claim-three-players-off-waivers-17622246. Retrieved October 7, 2017.
- McPherson, Chris (January 2, 2017). "Eight Signed To Reserve/Future Contracts". https://web.archive.org/web/20180209223815/http://www.philadelphiaeagles.com/news/article-1/Eight-Signed-To-ReserveFuture-Contracts/fd99e052-6fd9-4ea0-860d-39f03f975aa5. Retrieved October 7, 2017.
- Kasinitz, Aaron (September 7, 2017). "Eagles' Marcus Johnson realizes dream in anticlimactic fashion, readies for debut". http://www.pennlive.com/philadelphiaeagles/index.ssf/2017/09/philadelphia_eagles_marcus_joh_1.html. Retrieved September 8, 2017.
- "Arizona Cardinals at Philadelphia Eagles - October 8th, 2017" (in en). https://www.pro-football-reference.com/boxscores/201710080phi.htm.
- "Eagles dethrone Tom Brady, Patriots for first Super Bowl title in stunner" (in en). https://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/nfl/super/2018/02/04/super-bowl-2018-score-philadelphia-eagles-new-england-patriots/305840002/.
- Sessler, Marc (March 7, 2018). "Seahawks trading DE Michael Bennett to Eagles". http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000919976/article/seahawks-trading-dl-michael-bennett-to-eagles.
- "Seahawks Trade Defensive End Michael Bennett To Philadelphia Eagles". Seahawks.com. March 14, 2018. https://www.seahawks.com/news/seahawks-trade-defensive-end-michael-bennett-to-philadelphia-eagles-205801.
- Walker, Andrew (September 1, 2018). "Colts Acquire WR Marcus Johnson In Trade With Seahawks". https://www.colts.com/news/colts-acquire-wr-marcus-johnson-in-trade-with-seahawks.
- "WATCH: Andrew Luck finds Marcus Johnson for a long touchdown" (in en). October 14, 2018. https://coltswire.usatoday.com/2018/10/14/indianapolis-colts-andrew-luck-finds-marcus-johnson-long-touchdown-new-york-jets/.
- "Roster Moves: Colts Sign Free Agent WR Dontrelle Inman; Place WR Marcus Johnson On IR". October 16, 2018. https://www.colts.com/news/roster-moves-colts-sign-free-agent-wr-dontrelle-inman-place-wr-marcus-johnson-on.