|New England Patriots|
|Date of birth:July 26, 1985|
|Place of birth: Adrian, Michigan|
|Height: 6 ft 2 in (1.88 m)||Weight: 256 lb (116 kg)|
|College: Jackson State|
|Undrafted in 2009|
|Debuted in 2009 for the Cleveland Browns|
|Roster status: Active|
|Career highlights and awards|
|Career NFL statistics as of Week 13, 2011|
Marcus Benard (born July 26, 1985 in Adrian, Michigan) is an American football defensive end for the New England Patriots of the National Football League. He was signed by the Browns as an undrafted free agent in 2009. He played college football at Jackson State.
Benard was promoted from the Browns practice squad to the active roster on November 9, 2009. He had 7.5 sacks in 2010, his best season as a pro. After playing in only four games in 2011 due to injury, Benard was injured again in training camp and waived/injured by the Browns on August 27, 2012. 
- ↑ "Benard called up". November 9, 2009. http://www.ohiomm.com/blogs/browns/2009/11/benard-called-up/. Retrieved June 18, 2012.
- ↑ http://www.ohio.com/news/break-news/browns-waive-injured-de-marcus-benard-place-lbs-chris-gocong-emmanuel-acho-on-ir-1.329958
- ↑ "Scary moment for Benard, Browns". Toronto Sun. November 11, 2010. http://www.torontosun.com/sports/football/2010/11/11/16099346.html. Retrieved June 18, 2009.
- ↑ "Browns linebacker Marcus Benard collapses in locker room". wkyc.com. Nov 11, 2010. http://www.wkyc.com/news/local/news_article.aspx?storyid=157838&catid=45. Retrieved June 18, 2012.
- ↑ Steer, Jen (10 October 2011). "Browns player Marcus Benard in motorcycle crash on I-71". http://www.newsnet5.com/dpp/news/local_news/cleveland_metro/Browns-player-Marcus-Benard-in-motorcycle-crash-on-I-71. Retrieved 10 October 2011.
|This biographical article relating to an American football linebacker born in the 1980s is a stub. You can help The American Football Database by expanding it.|