|National Arena League (2018)|
|Team colors||Maroon, gold, white|
|Owner(s)||National Sports Ventures|
|Head coach||James Fuller|
|*Maine Mammoths (2018)|
|League championships (0)|
|Conference championships (0)|
|Division championships (0)|
|*Cross Insurance Arena (2018)|
The Maine Mammoths were a professional indoor football team that was a member of the National Arena League (NAL) for the 2018 season. Based in Portland, Maine, the Mammoths played their home games at the Cross Insurance Arena. The Mammoths are the first professional indoor or arena football team to be located in Maine.
After various speculation beforehand, the Mammoths were officially announced as a National Arena League (NAL) expansion team on December 5, 2017. The team was created by National Sports Ventures, a company led by NAL executive Rob Storm and Atlanta businessman Richard Maslia and also includes Jeff Bouchy, owner of the NAL's Jacksonville Sharks and the league's expansion chairman. The Mammoths also introduced indoor football coaching veteran James Fuller as their first head coach and indoor football veteran quarterback Jonathan Bane as their first player. After a slow start to the season going 2–8 through ten games, the team ended the season on a five-game winning streak to finish 7–8 and one spot outside the playoffs. The team was named franchise of the year.
Following their first season, the team announced it was for sale and looking for local ownership. On February 5, 2019, the team announced an indefinite hiatus beginning with the 2019 season as the team reportedly negotiates with local ownership.
|Maine Mammoths roster|
| Offensive linemen
| Reserve lists
- ↑ "NAL Expansion Heads North to Maine-Expansion Team in Portland to be named Mammoths". December 5, 2017. http://www.nationalarenaleague.com/news-m/362-nal-expansion-heads-north-to-maine-expansion-team-in-portland-to-be-named-mammoths.html.
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 "Maine Mammoths make it official: Arena football coming to Portland". Portland Press Herald. December 5, 2017. http://www.pressherald.com/2017/12/05/maine-mammoths-make-it-official-arena-football-coming-to-portland/.
- ↑ "Maine Mammoths, arena football team, calls a halt after one season". Portland Press Herald. February 6, 2019. https://www.pressherald.com/2019/02/06/mammoths-leave-no-debts-only-regrets.
- ↑ "Mammoths to bring arena football to Portland". The Forecaster. December 5, 2017. http://www.theforecaster.net/mammoths-to-bring-arena-football-to-portland/.
- ↑ "Maine Mammoths Hire Head Coach James Fuller- AFL Coaching Veteran takes the Helm for Maine". December 5, 2017. http://www.nationalarenaleague.com/news-m/363-maine-mammoths-hire-head-coach-james-fuller-afl-coaching-veteran-takes-the-helm-for-maine.html.
- ↑ "NAL 2018 stats". http://www.thestatguys.com/NAL/2018/CONFSKED.HTM.
- ↑ "Maine Mammoths Suspend Operations for the 2019 Season". February 5, 2019. https://www.oursportscentral.com/services/releases/maine-mammoths-suspend-operations-for-the-2019-season/n-5444957.