Doss with the Denver Broncos in 2016
|Date of birth:April 22, 1994|
|Place of birth: New Orleans, Louisiana|
|NFL Draft: 2015 / Round: 5 / Pick: 164|
|No regular season or postseason appearances|
|* Denver Broncos ( 2015– 2017)|
|Career highlights and awards|
|* Super Bowl champion (50)|
Lorenzo Doss (born April 22, 1994) is an American football cornerback who is currently a free agent. He played college football at Tulane before being drafted by the Denver Broncos in the fifth round of the 2015 NFL Draft. Doss was on the Broncos Super Bowl 50 championship team after they beat the Carolina Panthers 24–10.
Doss attended St. Augustine High School in New Orleans, Louisiana, where he was a letterman in football, baseball and track. A teammate of Leonard Fournette, Doss helped lead the Purple Knights to a combined 26-18 record with a pair of state playoff appearances, including a district title as a senior. As a junior, he was named first-team All-District 10-5A and second-team All-metro after catching 23 passes for 352 yards and three touchdowns. He was named honorable-mention 4A All-state and first-team All-District 10-4A as a senior after catching 15 passes for 330 yards (22.0 avg.) while running four times for 35 yards (4.8 avg.). He was selected to represent Orleans Parish in the 2011 Lake Pontchartrain All-Star Classic. Off the field, was a member of the Honor Roll.
Doss also lettered twice in track & field. He competed as a sprinter, and posted bests of 11.2 in the 100 meters, 22.67 in the 200 meters and 51.44 in the 400 meters. He was also a member of the 4x400 relay.
Doss was tabbed the No. 30 recruit in Louisiana by 247Sports.com and No. 76 recruit in the state by ESPN.com. He was listed as the No. 65 athlete in the nation by 247Sports.com, No. 164 wide receiver in the country by Scout.com and No. 233 receiver nationally by ESPN.com. He received an 85 Sports Rating from 247Sports.com and a 70 Scout Grade from ESPN.com. He was rated as a three-star recruit by Rivals.com, Scout.com, and 247Sports.com. In June 2011, he committed to Tulane University to play college football.
Doss became a cornerback at Tulane after playing wide receiver in high school. As a freshman in 2012, he started nine of 12 games, recording 44 tackles and five interceptions. As a sophomore in 2013, he started all 13 games, recording 34 tackles and seven interceptions. As a junior in 2014, Doss had 48 tackles and three interceptions. He was also a member of Tulane's track and field program where he competed in the 100 meter, 4x100 meter relay and 4x400 meter relay team.
On January 2, 2018, Doss signed a futures contract with the Carolina Panthers. He was waived on September 1, 2018, but was re-signed the next day. Doss was waived again on September 27, 2018 and was re-signed to the practice squad. He was promoted to the active roster on November 27, 2018.
Doss was released during final roster cuts on August 30, 2019.
- ↑ Rivals.com
- ↑ St. Augustine wide receiver Lorenzo Doss commits to Tulane
- ↑ Once A WR, Tulane's Lorenzo Doss Makes Impact On Defense
- ↑ Tulane CB Lorenzo Doss elicits three national awards on Tuesday
- ↑ 2015 NFL Draft: Tulane CB Lorenzo Doss jumping to pros
- ↑ Tulane CB Lorenzo Doss giving up senior season to turn pro
- ↑ Tulane junior Lorenzo Doss said the NFL is the 'next step' in his life
- ↑ DeChant, David (May 2, 2015). "Broncos pick Tulane CB Doss in fifth". http://www.denverbroncos.com/news-and-blogs/article-1/Broncos-pick-Tulane-CB-Doss-in-fifth/7558c5c7-4df4-4886-9fc7-01b230d9c865. Retrieved April 23, 2017.
- ↑ "Super Bowl 50 - Denver Broncos vs. Carolina Panthers - February 7th, 2016". Pro-Football-Reference.com. https://www.pro-football-reference.com/boxscores/201602070den.htm. Retrieved August 31, 2017.
- ↑ Swanson, Ben (February 7, 2016). "Gameday Inactives: Broncos in Super Bowl 50". Denver Broncos. http://www.denverbroncos.com/news-and-blogs/article-primesport/Gameday-Inactives-Broncos-in-Super-Bowl-50/271539a3-5de8-481e-9302-103a9266d14b. Retrieved August 7, 2017.
- ↑ "Broncos waive cornerback Lorenzo Doss". November 23, 2017. https://247sports.com/nfl/denver-broncos/Bolt/Broncos-waive-cornerback-Lorenzo-Doss-110941070.
- ↑ Jon Heath (November 23, 2017). "Broncos cut CB Lorenzo Doss for being late to meeting on Thanksgiving". https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nfl/broncos-cut-cb-lorenzo-doss-for-being-late-to-meeting-on-thanksgiving/ar-BBFBiRT?li=BBnba9I&srcref=rss&parent-title=report-qb-bortles-hindering-jaguars-coaching-search&parent-ns=ar&parent-content-id=BBxZ4FG.
- ↑ Brown, Chris (November 27, 2017). "Bills sign CB Lorenzo Doss to practice squad". http://blogs.buffalobills.com/2017/11/27/bills-sign-cb-lorenzo-doss-to-practice-squad/.
- ↑ Brown, Chris (December 30, 2017). "Bills sign WR Bray to practice squad". http://blogs.buffalobills.com/2017/12/30/bills-sign-wr-bray-to-practice-squad/.
- ↑ Strickland, Bryan (January 2, 2018). "TE Manhertz placed on IR; OT Clausell promoted". https://web.archive.org/web/20180309095452/http://www.panthers.com/news/article-2/TE-Manhertz-placed-on-IR-OT-Clausell-promoted/56a57705-466c-4b61-bc6a-b13c8992207f.
- ↑ Voth, Bill (September 1, 2018). "Panthers trim roster to 53". https://www.panthers.com/news/panthers-trim-roster-to-53.
- ↑ Henson, Max (September 2, 2018). "Matt Kalil placed on injured reserve". https://www.panthers.com/news/matt-kalil-placed-on-injured-reserve.
- ↑ Taranto, Bill (September 28, 2018). "Panthers waive CB Lorenzo Doss to make room for Eric Reid". https://247sports.com/nfl/carolina-panthers/Article/Lorenzo-Doss-waived-Panthers-Eric-Reid-signing-122565075/.
- ↑ "Damiere Byrd placed on injured reserve; Lorenzo Doss promoted". November 27, 2018. https://www.panthers.com/news/damiere-byrd-placed-on-injured-reserve-lorenzo-doss-promoted.
- ↑ Henson, Max (August 30, 2019). "Panthers announce first wave of 2019 roster cuts". https://www.panthers.com/news/panthers-announce-first-wave-of-2019-roster-cuts-artis-payne-corn-elder. Retrieved August 30, 2019.