|Current season or competition:|
2012 LSFL season
|No. of teams||7|
|Most recent champion(s)||Amarillo Venom|
|Most titles||Amarillo Venom (1)|
|Related competitions||Indoor Football League|
Southern Indoor Football League
The Lone Star Football League (LSFL) is a regional professional indoor football league set to begin its inaugural season in 2012. All nine of the LSFL's charter teams are based in the state of Texas, with five teams coming from the Southern Indoor Football League, three from the Indoor Football League, and one new expansion team. The current Commissioner is Darlene Jones.
For 2013, the LSFL is adding two new teams; the expansion San Angelo Bandits and the New Mexico Stars (formerly of the Indoor Football League and the LSFL's first and only team outside of Texas). The league announced in October that the Corpus Christi Hammerheads had been removed from the league due to its ownership violating by-laws.
All teams are based in Texas unless otherwise noted.
|Abilene Bombers||Abilene||Taylor County Expo Center (5,000)|
|Amarillo Venom||Amarillo||Amarillo Civic Center (4,912)|
|Laredo Rattlesnakes||Laredo||Laredo Energy Arena (8,002)|
|McAllen Toros||Hidalgo||State Farm Arena (5,500)|
|New Mexico Stars||Rio Rancho, New Mexico||Santa Ana Star Center (6,000)|
|San Angelo Bandits||San Angelo||Foster Communications Coliseum (5,260)|
|West Texas Roughnecks||Odessa||Ector County Coliseum (5,131)|
The LSFL requires a $25,000 franchise fee to join, as well as a $25,000 letter of credit.
- Corpus Christi Hammerheads - played in LSFL for 2012 season, franchise revoked by league for multiple violations of league bylaws.
- Mesquite Bandits - originally set to play in inaugural 2012 season, franchise revoked by league before season started for lack of preparations for inaugural season as well as breach of franchise agreement.
- Rio Grande Valley Magic - played in LSFL for 2012 season, franchise revoked by league for multiple violations of league bylaws.
- Christ, Bob (September 14, 2012). "Stars Shifting to Lone Star League". ABQJournal.com. Albuquerque Journal. http://www.abqjournal.com/sports/2012/09/14/stars-shifting-to-lone-star-league.html. Retrieved September 14, 2012.
- Bob Christ (October 5, 2012). "Coach Has Ownership". Albuquerque Journal. http://www.abqjournal.com/sports/2012/10/05/coach-has-ownership.html. Retrieved October 5, 2012.
- "Dittman Membership Terminated". Lone Star Football League. September 27, 2012. http://www.texaslsfl.com/news/league-news/147-dittman-membership-terminated.html. Retrieved October 13, 2012.
- "Mesquite Bandits Membership Revoked". Lone Star Football League. January 30, 2012. http://www.oursportscentral.com/services/releases/?id=4348954. Retrieved October 13, 2012.
|This American football-related article is a stub. You can help The American Football Database by expanding it.|
|This page uses content from Wikipedia. The original article was at Lone Star Football League.|
The list of authors can be seen in the page history. As with American Football Database, the text of Wikipedia is available under the GNU Free Documentation License.