The Wake Forest Demon Deacons college football team competes as part of the National Collegiate Athletic Association (NCAA) Division I Football Bowl Subdivision (FBS), representing the Wake Forest University in the Atlantic Division of the Atlantic Coast Conference (ACC). Since the establishment of the team in 1888, Wake Forest has appeared in 10 bowl games. The latest bowl occurred on December 30, 2011, when Wake Forest lost to Mississippi State in the 2011 Music City Bowl. The loss in that game brought the Demon Deacons' overall bowl record to six wins and four losses (6–4).
||Bowl game record attendance
||Former bowl game record attendance
List of bowl games showing bowl played in, score, date, season, opponent, stadium, location, attendance and head coach[A 1]
||January 2, 1946
||South Carolina Gamecocks
||January 1, 1949
||December 22, 1979
||December 31, 1992
||December 25, 1999
||Arizona State Sun Devils
||December 30, 2002
||January 2, 2007
||Meineke Car Care Bowl
||December 29, 2007
||Bank of America Stadium
||December 20, 2008
||Music City Bowl
||December 30, 2011
||Mississippi State Bulldogs
- ↑ Statistics correct as of 2011–12 NCAA football bowl games.
- ↑ Results are sortable first by whether the result was a Wake Forest win, loss or tie and then second by the margin of victory.
- ↑ Links to the season article for the Wake Forest team that competed in the bowl for that year.
- ↑ Links to the season article for the opponent that Wake Forest competed against in the bowl for that year when available or to their general page when unavailable.
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 Bowl/All-Star Game Records, p. 29
- ↑ Bowl/All-Star Game Records, pp. 32–38