The UMass Minutemen college football team competes as part of the National Collegiate Athletic Association (NCAA) Division I Football Bowl Subdivision (FBS), representing the University of Massachusetts Amherst as an Independent. UMass began play in 1879 and have since appeared in two major bowl games. As they spent most of their existence since the late 1970s as a Football Championship Subdivision program, they participated in the DI-AA/FCS playoffs rather than postseason bowl games. In 2013, the team once again became eligible for bowl games upon the completion of their transition to FBS.
|1||Tangerine Bowl||L 14–13||December 12, 1964||1964||East Carolina||Tangerine Bowl||Orlando||8,000||Vic Fusia|
|2||Boardwalk Bowl||W 35–14||December 9, 1972||1972||UC Davis||Atlantic City Convention Center||Atlantic City||2,857||Dick MacPherson|
- ↑ Results are sortable first by whether the result was an UMass win, loss or tie and then second by the margin of victory.
- ↑ Links to the season article for the UMass team that competed in the bowl for that year.
- ↑ Links to the season article for the opponent that UMass competed against in the bowl for that year when available or to their general page when unavailable.
- ↑ "The Tangerine Bowl 1964". Mmbolding.com. http://www.mmbolding.com/bowls/Tangerine_1964.htm. Retrieved 2012-09-28.
- ↑ "Atlantic City Convention Hall Football". Luckyshow.org. http://www.luckyshow.org/football/AtlanticCityIndoor.htm. Retrieved 2012-09-28.