The Kansas State Wildcats football team competes as part of the National Collegiate Athletic Association (NCAA) Division I Football Bowl Subdivision (FBS), representing the Kansas State University in the Big 12 Conference. Since the establishment of the team in 1896, Kansas State has appeared in 17 bowl games. Included in these games are six combined appearances in the current "New Year's Six" major bowl games (the Rose, Sugar, Fiesta, Orange, Cotton, and Chick-fil-A Bowl), including two Bowl Championship Series (BCS) games and one Bowl Alliance game.
Bowl games[edit | edit source]
College Division/Other Bowl Games[edit | edit source]
As a supplement to the list, the following games were regular season games that some have considered special and may be confused as a bowl. These games are not considered "bowl games" but are included here as a reference.
- 1992 Coca-Cola Classic vs. Nebraska Cornhuskers (L 38–24)
- 2000 Eddie Robinson Classic vs. Iowa Hawkeyes (W 27–7)
- 2003 BCA Classic vs. California Golden Bears (W 42–28)
Notes[edit | edit source]
- Statistics correct as of 2012–13 NCAA football bowl games.
- Results are sortable first by whether the result was an Kansas State win, loss or tie and then second by the margin of victory.
- Links to the season article for the Kansas State team that competed in the bowl for that year.
- Links to the season article for the opponent that Kansas State competed against in the bowl for that year when available or to their general page when unavailable.
References[edit | edit source]
- DeLassus, David. "Kansas State Bowl History". College Football Data Warehouse. http://www.cfbdatawarehouse.com/data/div_ia/big12/kansas_state/bowl_history.php. Retrieved January 7, 2014.
- DeLassus, David. "Kansas State Wildcats (2000 season results)". College Football Data Warehouse. http://www.cfbdatawarehouse.com/data/coaching/alltime_coach_game_by_game.php?coachid=2190&year=2000. Retrieved January 7, 2014.
- DeLassus, David. "Kansas State Wildcats (2003 season results)". College Football Data Warehouse. http://www.cfbdatawarehouse.com/data/coaching/alltime_coach_game_by_game.php?coachid=2190&year=2003. Retrieved January 7, 2014.