|No. -- Free agent|
|Date of birth:September 5, 1978|
|Place of birth: Wortham, Texas|
|High School: Wortham (TX)|
|Height: 6 ft 6 in (1.98 m)||Weight: 350 lb (159 kg)|
|NFL Draft: 2001 / Round: 1 / Pick: 2|
|Debuted in 2001 for the Arizona Cardinals|
|* Arizona Cardinals ( 2001− 2006)|
|Career highlights and awards|
|* 3× Pro Bowl (2007, 2008, 2009)|
|Career NFL statistics as of Week 17, 2012|
|Stats at pro-football-reference.com|
Leonard Barnett Davis (born September 5, 1978) is an American football guard who last played for the San Francisco 49ers of the National Football League (NFL). He played college football for the University of Texas, and was recognized as an All-American. He was drafted by the Arizona Cardinals with the second pick overall of the 2001 NFL Draft, and has played professionally for the Arizona Cardinals, Dallas Cowboys, Detroit Lions and San Francisco 49ers. He is currently a free agent.
Leonard grew up in Wortham, Texas. He is the only child of L.A. and Sammie Lee Davis, but has 21 half-brothers and half-sisters (L.A. had 11 children from a previous marriage, while Sammie Lee had 10 children from a previous marriage).
He attended Wortham High School, where he led his Wortham Bulldogs basketball team to the state championship in 1997.
Davis received an athletic scholarship to attend the University of Texas at Austin, where he played for the Texas Longhorns football team from 1997 to 2000. Following his 2000 senior season, he was a first-team All-Big 12 selection, and was recognized as a consensus first-team All-American. He was also a finalist for the Outland Trophy.
Davis was selected second overall in the 2001 NFL Draft by the Arizona Cardinals, and played guard his first three years in the NFL. In 2004, he was moved from guard to left tackle, where he played in 15 games. In 2005, he played in 15 games as well.
On March 4, 2007, Davis signed with the Dallas Cowboys for a seven year, $49.6 million contract. $18.75 million of his contract was guaranteed. With the move to Dallas, Davis has also moved back to the guard position. He had an exceptional year in 2007, as he made the Pro Bowl for the first time in his career. He also made the All-Pro second team along with ex-teammate Flozell Adams. Since 2005, Davis was the 5th most penalized player in the NFL with 42.
He was released by the Cowboys on July 28, 2011, due to declining play and the Cowboys' lack of salary cap room.
San Francisco 49ersEdit
On July 26, 2012, Davis signed a one-year deal with the San Francisco 49ers.
- ↑ http://www.leonarddavis.com/profile.htm
- ↑ 2011 NCAA Football Records Book, Award Winners, National Collegiate Athletic Association, Indianapolis, Indiana, p. 11 (2011). Retrieved June 24, 2012.
- ↑ Cowboys add Davis to offensive line
- ↑ Forbes-In Pictures: The World's 25 Top-Earning Athletes
- ↑ Phillips, Rob. "Former Lineman Davis Signs With Detroit". DallasCowboys.com. DallasCowboys.com. http://www.dallascowboys.com/news/rob_phillips.cfm?plckController=Blog&plckBlogPage=BlogViewPost&userid=e062d34a-fb8f-4a56-ba5a-fb802447d7f5&plckPostId=Blog%3ae062d34a-fb8f-4a56-ba5a-fb802447d7f5Post%3a58b896d7-9cf7-4472-b3de-32dc9f53973b&plckScript=blogScript&plckElementId=blogDest. Retrieved 11-08-11.
- ↑ NFL.com. "Report: Lions sign ex-Cowboys guard Davis following bye week". NFL.com. http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d5d823df286/article/report-lions-sign-excowboys-guard-davis-following-bye-week. Retrieved 11-08-11.