Younce on a 1948 Bowman football card
|Guard / Linebacker / Punter|
|Date of birth:January 8, 1917|
|Place of birth: Dayton, Oregon|
|Date of death: March 26, 2000(aged 83)|
|Place of death: Portland, Oregon|
|College: Oregon State|
|NFL Draft: 1941 / Round: 8 / Pick: 67|
|No regular season or postseason appearances|
| As player:|
*New York Giants (1941, 1943–1944, 1946–1948)
| As coach:|
*Edmonton Eskimos (Defensive Coach/OL Coach, 1963–1965)
|Career highlights and awards|
|*NFL 1940s All-Decade Team|
|Stats at NFL.com|
|Stats at pro-football-reference.com|
Born in Dayton, Oregon, Younce attended Roosevelt High School in Portland and then played college football at Oregon State University. He was selected in the eighth round (67th overall) by the New York Giants in the 1941 NFL Draft, and played a variety of positions, including linebacker, offensive lineman, placekicker, and punter.
Younce was coaxed out of retirement to coach high school football for one year at Joseph High School in Joseph, Wallowa County, Oregon, in 1992. He intended to continue, but health problems prevented his return.
- ↑ "Obituaries". The Oregonian: p. D13. March 30, 2000.
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 2.2 2.3 "Grid great Younce dies". Oregon Stater (Oregon State University Alumni Association) 85 (2): 51. September 2000. https://oregondigital.org/sets/osu-alumni-magazine/oregondigital:fx71cc73v#page/53/mode/1up.
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 Wheeler, Ken (October 25, 1993). "It's his world and he loves it". The Oregonian: p. C1.
- ↑ "Hall of Fame Roll of Honor Members". Oregon Sports Hall of Fame and Museum. Archived from the original on August 1, 2013. https://web.archive.org/web/20130801161027/http://www.oregonsportshall.com/inductee-members.html. Retrieved February 23, 2010.
- ↑ Nolen, John (March 28, 2000). "Younce Service is Saturday". The Oregonian: p. D2.