|Date of birth:May 31, 1986|
|Place of birth: Tampa, Florida|
|Undrafted in 2008|
|No regular season or postseason appearances|
|* Minnesota Vikings ( 2008)*|
|Career highlights and awards|
|* Third-team All-Conference USA (2006)|
|Career NFL statistics as of 2017|
|Stats at NFL.com|
Leger Douzable Jr. (born May 31, 1986) is an American football defensive end who is currently a free agent. He was signed by the Minnesota Vikings as an undrafted free agent in 2008. He played college football at UCF. Douzable has also played for the New York Giants, Jacksonville Jaguars, St. Louis Rams, Detroit Lions, Tennessee Titans, New York Jets, Buffalo Bills, and San Francisco 49ers.
He was a 2-year letter winner at Alonso High School in Tampa. As a senior, he finished with 50 tackles and 10 sacks and also returned an interception for a touchdown along with blocking two field goals and forcing two fumbles. He was a second-team All-County selection as a senior.
Douzable ended his 2007 season with 49 tackles and seven sacks, bringing his career totals to 102 tackles and 14 sacks and was awarded first-team All-Conference USA. In 2006, he made nine starts and saw action in all 12 games, splitting time between defensive tackle and defensive end. He was third-team All-Conference USA after leading the team with seven sacks and 10½ tackles for loss. In 2005, he played in 12 games, including one start as a sophomore, and ended the season with 17 tackles and two tackles for loss. In 2004, he played in all 11 games as a true freshman at defensive tackle and ended the season with four total tackles.
Douzable began his rookie season on the Minnesota practice squad until being waived on September 8, 2008.
New York Giants
He signed to the New York Giants practice squad on September 11, 2008, and spent the majority of the season there before joining the Giants’ active roster (12/3) and inactive for the Giants over the final four games of the 2008 regular season and the NFC Divisional Playoff. He was released in September 2009.
St. Louis Rams
On September 17, 2009, Douzable was signed to the practice squad by St. Louis and thirteen days later was called up to the active roster. For the 2009 season, he played in 12 games (started 1) posting 16 tackles (11 solo), including five tackles for loss to tie for second-most on the team and also had four quarterback hits.
Douzable was signed by the Jacksonville Jaguars on August 8, 2010, and made the Jaguars 53-man opening day roster. In 15 games of the 2010 season, Douzable made 8 tackles. He played 16 games (started 6) in 2011 with 38 tackles, 1 sack, and 1 pass defended.
New York Jets
Douzable was signed by the New York Jets on July 25, 2013. Douzable played in every game for the Jets over three seasons and saw a good amount of playing time as a reserve on the team’s defensive line doing most of his work as a run-stopper and recording 59 tackles and four sacks over those 48 games with the Jets.
San Francisco 49ers
Douzable's biological father is of Haitian descent.
- Rams sign eight of their 11 draft picks and release five players Archived July 6, 2010, at the Wayback Machine St. Louis Globe-Democrat June 28, 2010
- Lions Claim DT Leger Douzable PrideofDetroit.com June 30, 2010
- "Jaguars make roster moves". Jaguars.com. August 8, 2010. http://www.jaguars.com/news/article.aspx?id=9130. Retrieved August 8, 2010.
- "Braylon Edwards Back for 3rd Hitch with Jets". New York Jets. July 25, 2013. Archived from the original on July 25, 2013. https://www.webcitation.org/6INSEEYPp?url=http://www.newyorkjets.com/news/article-1/Braylon-Edwards-Back-for-3rd-Hitch-with-Jets/b7f556db-8cd4-4bb4-a16e-185af2f3c1f9. Retrieved July 25, 2013.
- "Bills visiting with former Jet Leger Douzable". http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2016/06/13/bills-visiting-with-former-jet-leger-douzable/.
- Brown, Chris (June 13, 2016). "Bills sign DL Douzable, OT Martin". http://www.buffalobills.com/news/article-1/Bills-sign-DL-Douzable-OT-Martin/443635e2-efab-4c50-a75b-ae2c34193dd5. Retrieved March 29, 2017.
- "49ers Announce Roster Moves". August 14, 2017. http://www.49ers.com/news/article-2/49ers-Announce-Roster-Moves/eebac11f-22f9-48a2-b490-1f940d4f636f?sf106079497=1.
- "49ers Announce Several Roster Moves". September 1, 2017. https://web.archive.org/web/20180302202415/http://www.49ers.com/news/article-2/49ers-Announce-Several-Roster-Moves/f2f5edf1-1065-4caa-9ce5-c92f7c168b55.
- "49ers Announce a Pair of Roster Moves". October 17, 2017. https://web.archive.org/web/20171226031556/http://www.49ers.com/news/article-2/49ers-Announce-a-Pair-of-Roster-Moves/4d4713bd-01b7-4e48-971c-c3734005ed9a?sf122884096=1.
- Thomas, Jim. "Spags Adds Another D-Lineman to His Collection". http://m.stltoday.com/sports/football/professional/spags-adds-another-d-lineman-to-his-collection/article_42119966-220c-5322-b523-a19ebe3927b3.html?mobile_touch=true. Retrieved February 25, 2015.