|No. 67 Indianapolis Colts|
|Date of birth:March 17, 1990|
|Place of birth: Las Vegas, Nevada|
|High School: Las Vegas (NV) Western|
|Height: 6 ft 4 in (1.93 m)||Weight: 304 lb (138 kg)|
|College: Arizona State|
|NFL Draft: 2011 / Round: 7 / Pick: 233|
|No regular season or postseason appearances|
|Roster status: Active roster|
|Career highlights and awards|
|Career NFL statistics as of 2012|
|Stats at NFL.com|
Lawrence Thomas Guy (born March 17, 1990) is an American football defensive end with the Indianapolis Colts of the National Football League. Prior to being drafted by the Green Bay Packers, Guy played college football at Arizona State University.
High school career[edit | edit source]
Guy attended Western High School in Las Vegas, Nevada, U.S., where he recorded 238 tackles (171 solo), 30.5 sacks and three fumble recoveries in his three seasons. As a senior in 2007, he totaled 102 tackles (69 solo), 15.5 quarterback sacks and one fumble recovery.
Considered a four-star recruit by Rivals.com, Guy was listed as the No. 13 defensive tackle prospect in the nation. He committed to the Sun Devils on December 19, 2007, choosing ASU over Arizona, Michigan, Nebraska, Oklahoma, Oregon and Tennessee.
College career[edit | edit source]
As a true freshman, Guy played in all 12 games of the season, starting the final eight. He totaled 44 tackles (17 solo), 10.0 tackles for loss (minus 22 yards), two sacks (minus nine yards) and one fumble recovery that he returned for a touchdown. Guy's 44 tackles were the second-highest among Pac-10 defensive tackles on the season.
Guy subsequently earned consensus All-Freshman honors, as he was named to FWAA′s Freshman All-America team, The Sporting News′ All-Freshman team, and College Football News′ All-Freshman first team.
Professional career[edit | edit source]
Guy was drafted in the seventh round (233rd overall) of the 2011 NFL Draft by the Green Bay Packers. Guy spent the season on injured reserve. He was one of the final cuts for the 2012 season and was resigned to the practice squad September 3.
On October 17, the Colts signed Guy from the Packers' practice squad.
References[edit | edit source]
- Rivals.com defensive tackles 2008
- "AON Insurance/FWAA Freshman All-America Team". FWAA. January 8, 2009. http://www.sportswriters.net/fwaa/news/2008/allamerica090108.html.
- "Sporting News' college football All-Freshman Team". Sporting News. December 12, 2008. http://www.sportingnews.com/college-football/article/2008-12-16/sporting-news-college-football-all-freshman-team.
- Cirminiello, Richard (December 11, 2008). "2008 CFN All-Freshman Defensive Team". College Football News. http://cfn.scout.com/2/820615.html.
- Spofford, Mike (April 30, 2011). "Seventh-Round Picks Have Their Upsides". Green Bay Packers. http://www.packers.com/news-and-events/article_spofford/article-1/Seventh-round-picks-have-their-upsides/8cabbbbb-81f2-4e53-9477-569414e1e089. Retrieved April 30, 2011.
[edit | edit source]
- Official profile at Arizona State