|Coaching career (HC unless noted)|
|Head coaching record|
Larry Vorhis was an American football player and coach. He played college football for the Penn State from 1906 to 1909 and was selected as a first-team All-American in 1909. He also served as the head football coach at Wesleyan University from 1910 to 1911.
Vorhis played football for Penn State from 1906 to 1909. He was the team's quarterback and also handled drop kicking responsibilities. He was selected as a first-team All-American in 1909 by the New York Herald (as an end), New York Mail (as a quarterback), William B. Hanna in the New York Sun, the Philadelphia Press (as a quarterback) and the Philadelphia Public Ledger.
After graduating from Penn State, Vorhis served as the head football coach at Wesleyan University in 1910 and 1911. In his two seasons as Wesleyan's head football coach, Vorhis compiled a record of 8–8–2. In December 1911, Vorhis announced that he would not return to Wesleyan in 1912. He stated that he intended to operate a sugar plantation in Alabama.
- ↑ Spalding Official Football Guide for 1910
- ↑ "Larry Vorhis of State Is Honored In East". The Pittsburgh Press. 1909-11-30. http://news.google.com/newspapers?nid=1144&dat=19091130&id=fBobAAAAIBAJ&sjid=A0kEAAAAIBAJ&pg=4091,6930850.
- ↑ "VORHIS WILL LEAD WESLEYAN FOOTBALL: His Success Last Year Brings Him Reappointment". The Hartford Courant. 1911-05-02. http://pqasb.pqarchiver.com/courant/access/759408292.html?dids=759408292:759408292&FMT=CITE&FMTS=CITE:AI&type=historic&date=May+02,+1911&author=&pub=Hartford+Courant&desc=VORHIS+WILL+LEAD+WESLEYAN+FOOTBALL&pqatl=google.
- ↑ "ALL-TIME COACHING RECORDS". Wesleyan University. http://www.wesleyan.edu/athletics/football/alltimerecs/fbcoachatrecs.html. Retrieved 2010-06-14.[dead link]
- ↑ "Larry Vorhis Will Not Again Coach Wesleyan". The Pittsburgh Press. 1911-12-27. http://news.google.com/newspapers?id=vywbAAAAIBAJ&sjid=6UgEAAAAIBAJ&pg=4441,3120799&dq=larry-vorhis&hl=en.