|Born:||August 3, 1986|
Spartanburg, South Carolina
|Height:||6 ft 1 in (1.85 m)|
|Weight:||300 lb (136 kg)|
|High school:||Spartanburg (SC)|
|NFL Draft:||2008 / Round: 7 / Pick: 216|
|Career highlights and awards
|Career NFL statistics as of 2014|
Landon Cohen (born August 3, 1986) is a gridiron football defensive tackle who is currently a free agent. He was most recently a member of the Ottawa Redblacks of the Canadian Football League (CFL). He was drafted by the Detroit Lions in the seventh round of the 2008 NFL Draft. He played college football at Ohio. He has also been a member of the Jacksonville Jaguars, New England Patriots, and Arizona Cardinals.
Cohen was born in Spartanburg, South Carolina to Carolyn Ragin and Charles Cohen. He played high school football at Spartanburg High School in Spartanburg, South Carolina, where he also lettered in track and field. In football, Cohen recorded 107 tackles, six sacks, and 28 quarterback pressures as a senior and earned all-state honors.
After high school, Cohen attended Ohio University, where he played in 12 games as a true freshman in 2004, making three starts at nose guard. In 2005, he started all 11 games as a sophomore, finishing with 28 tackles and two quarterback pressures. As a junior in 2006, Cohen started all 14 games and tallied 40 tackles (including 14 for a loss), earning second-team All-Mid-American Conference honors. In 2007, as a senior, he started all 12 games, recording a career-high 59 tackles (12.5 for a loss) and 1.5 sacks, one forced fumble, two fumble recoveries. After the season, he again was named to the All-MAC second team.
Cohen was drafted by the Detroit Lions in the seventh round (216th overall) of the 2008 NFL Draft. He played in six games as a rookie, finishing with four tackles. In 2009, Cohen played in 14 games, starting four, recording 21 tackles on the season. He was waived by the Lions on September 4, 2010.
The Jacksonville Jaguars claimed Cohen off waivers on September 5, 2010. He played in two games for the Jaguars, recording two tackles, before being waived on November 9, 2010.
New England PatriotsEdit
Cohen was signed by the New England Patriots on December 22, 2010. He played in the final two games of the season for the Patriots, starting one and recording three tackles. He was waived on September 3, 2011. Cohen was re-signed by the Patriots on September 21, 2011, but was waived on September 27.
On September 4, 2011, the Seattle Seahawks claimed him off waivers, but he was waived on September 10.
On July 25, 2013, Cohen was signed by the Dallas Cowboys. He was waived on September 16, 2013.
Cohen is also a part owner of a valet service called "The Valet, LLC" in Spartanburg, SC and works there when he is not playing football.
- ↑ "Archived copy". http://www.ohiobobcats.com/sports/m-footbl/mtt/landon_cohen_217085.html.
- ↑ Biggs, Brad (September 27, 2013). "Bears sign defensive tackle Cohen, put Melton on IR". Chicago Tribune. Archived from the original on September 28, 2013. https://web.archive.org/web/20130928163715/http://www.chicagotribune.com/sports/football/bears/chi-chicago-bears-landon-cohen-20130927,0,7760800.story. Retrieved September 29, 2013.
- ↑ "Bills sign Landon Cohen, Naaman Roosevelt". The Sacramento Bee. http://www.sacbee.com/2014/07/21/6571131/bills-sign-landon-cohen-naaman.html. Retrieved July 22, 2014.
- ↑ Bills reduce roster to 62 ahead of 53-man deadline
- ↑ "Seahawks sign DL Landon Cohen, Danny Kelly". http://www.fieldgulls.com/2015/1/5/7496131/seahawks-sign-dl-landon-cohen.
- ↑ Robinson, Charles (January 26, 2015). "How Landon Cohen went from parking cars to making Super Bowl roster in less than a month". Yahoo Sports. https://sports.yahoo.com/news/how-landon-cohen-went-from-parking-cars-to-making-super-bowl-roster-in-less-than-a-month-185919232.html. Retrieved January 26, 2015.