Brow in 2017
|Date of birth:July 5, 1989|
|Place of birth: Anchorage, Alaska|
|College: Minnesota State|
|Undrafted in 2012|
|No regular season or postseason appearances|
| * Atlanta Falcons ( 2012)*
|Roster status: Injured reserve|
|Career highlights and awards|
|Stats at ArenaFan.com|
LaMark Brown, II (born July 5, 1989) is an American football wide receiver for the Atlantic City Blackjacks of the Arena Football League (AFL). He was signed as an undrafted free agent by the Atlanta Falcons in 2012. He has also been a member of the Buffalo Bills, Tampa Bay Buccaneers, Utah Blaze, and Minnesota Vikings.
Brown started all four years at Hazelwood West High School in Hazelwood, Missouri at free safety and running back and was a two-time consensus Class 6 all-state performer by the Missouri Coaches Association, the Missouri Sportswriters and Sportscasters Association and the Kansas City Star. He was also named to the St. Louis Post-Dispatch All-Metro team in both 2005 and 2006.
As a junior, Brown had a breakout season as his team recorded a record of 7-3. In 10 games, Brown recorded 55 tackles (43 solo), three interceptions, and one fumble recovery. At running back, he rushed for 1,249 yards and 21 touchdowns on 150 carries. As a senior, Brown had a less productive year as the team posted a 2-8 record. He ran for 584 yards on 92 carries (6.35 avg.); Scored 13 of the West's 20 touchdowns; caught three passes for 51 yards (17.0 avg.) and accounted for 44 percent of Hazelwood's total yards (800 of 1,814). Returned five kickoffs for 165 yards (33.0 avg); totaled 42 total tackles on defense, with 36 unassisted stops, three blocked field goals, two blocked punts and a fumble recovery.
Coming out of High School, Brown was regarded as the No. 1 rated prospect in the St. Louis metro area by the St. Louis Post Dispatch, was a 4 star recruit rated as the No. 3 player in the state of Missouri, No.4 athlete in the nation, and 71st overall player in the 2007 class by rivals.com. A PrepStar All-American and the No.35 overall player in the Midlands Region by SuperPrep. Brown also played in the East Meets West All-American Bowl in Orlando, Florida, following his senior season.
In 2007, Brown saw action in eight games as a true freshman and made one start at wide receiver. He totaled three catches for 33 yards on the season
In 2008, Brown played the first three games at wide receiver. The week before the Louisiana-Lafayette game, he was switched to running back. In his first game at running back, he totaled 137 yards and a touchdown. After playing Texas Tech the next week, Brown missed the next three games with a staph infection in his left knee. On the season, he rushed 118 times for 412 yards and 5 touchdowns and caught 24 passes for 178 yards and a touchdown.
In 2009, Brown moved back to wide receiver after his season at running back. He caught 18 passes for 215 yards and 2 touchdowns.
In the summer of 2010, Brown transferred to Division II Minnesota State–Mankato, where he was required to sit out the 2010 season as a red-shirt per NCAA transfer rules. In the 2011 season, he caught 31 passes for 405 yards and five touchdowns.
Brown signed as a rookie undrafted free agent with the Atlanta Falcons, but was released on August 31. On September 3, 2012, Brown was signed to the Buffalo Bills practice squad but was released shortly after. On December 10, 2012, Brown was signed by the Minnesota Vikings as a practice squad wide receiver. Brown was released by the Vikings on August 26, 2013 (along with 12 others) to get to a 75-man roster.
- ↑ Patrick Reusse (September 25, 2011). "Reusse: Athlete finds appreciation in Mankato, not Manhattan". www.startribune.com. Star Tribune. http://www.startribune.com/reusse-athlete-finds-appreciation-in-mankato-not-manhattan/130509363/. Retrieved July 21, 2015.
- ↑ Craig, Mark (August 26, 2013). "Vikings release 13 players". StarTribune.com (Star Tribune). http://www.startribune.com/sports/vikings/221240701.html. Retrieved August 26, 2013.
- ↑ "Transactions". afldigital.com. Archived on January 19, 2017. Error: If you specify
|archivedate=, you must also specify
|archiveurl=. http://www.afldigital.com/index.cfm?view=transactions. Retrieved January 19, 2017.
- ↑ "Tampa Bay Storm suspending operations". Tampa Bay Times. December 21, 2017. http://www.tampabay.com/blogs/lightning/2017/12/21/tampa-bay-storm-suspending-operations/.
- ↑ "Team Transactions". arenafan.com. https://web.archive.org/web/20180321030539/http://www.arenafan.com/teams/Baltimore_Brigade-235/transactions/. Retrieved March 20, 2018.
- ↑ "Team Transactions". arenafan.com. http://www.arenafan.com/teams/Atlantic_City_Blackjacks-239/transactions/. Retrieved March 8, 2019.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to LaMark Brown.|