Kyle Adams in 2012
|No. 86 Chicago Bears|
|Date of birth:January 19, 1988|
|Place of birth: Wellesley, Massachusetts|
|High School: Austin (TX) Westlake|
|Height: 6 ft 4 in (1.93 m)||Weight: 255 lb (116 kg)|
|Undrafted in 2011|
|Debuted in 2011 for the Chicago Bears|
|Roster status: Active|
|Career highlights and awards|
|Career NFL statistics as of 2012|
Kyle Robert Adams (born January 19, 1988) is an American football tight end for the Chicago Bears of the National Football League. He was signed by the Bears as an undrafted free agent in 2011. He played college football at Purdue.
Early years[edit | edit source]
Adams was born on January 19, 1988, in Wellesley, MA, to Robert and Anne Adams. He attended Westlake High School in Austin where he played football (coached by Derek Long). He attended the same high school as another famous Purdue alumnus, Drew Brees. As a junior he had eight receptions, and as a senior he caught nine passes for 100 yards and one touchdown. He helped lead the team to district title every season he was there, and a quarterfinals appearance in 2003. In the classroom he was an Academic All-State and a National Merit Scholarship finalist.
|Name||Hometown||High school / college||Height||Weight||40‡||Commit date|
|Austin, Texas||Westlake High School||6 ft 5 in (196 cm)||225 lb (102 kg)||4.8||Jun 29,|
|Scout: Rivals: ESPN grade: 72|
|Overall recruiting rankings: Scout: 65 (TE) Rivals: -- (TE), -- (TX) ESPN: 57 (TE)|
|‡ Refers to 40 yard dash|
Note: In many cases, Scout and Rivals may conflict in their listings of height, weight and 40 time.
In these cases, an average of the two was taken. ESPN grades are on a 100-point scale.
College career[edit | edit source]
2006 season[edit | edit source]
During the 2006 season, his first year, Adams appeared in eight games, including one start. He made his Boilermakers debut He caught his first two career passes for 17 yards at Northwestern on October 14 He later had his first career touchdown on a 25-yard pass from wide receiver Desmond Tardy at Hawai'i on November 25. For the season he had six receptions for 58 yards and one touchdown.
2007 season[edit | edit source]
Received team's Newcomer Award, which is awarded to an offensive and defensive player who, in his first spring practice, makes the most progress.
2008 season[edit | edit source]
Adams sustained a season-ending knee injury in the season opener against Northern Colorado.
2009 season[edit | edit source]
|This section is empty. You can help by adding to it.|
2010 season[edit | edit source]
Adams served as team captain, and led the team with 36 catches for 244 yards.
Statistics[edit | edit source]
Professional career[edit | edit source]
Pre-draft[edit | edit source]
Prior to the 2011 NFL Draft, Adams was projected to be undrafted by NFLDraftScout.com. He was rated as the twentieth-best tight end in the draft. Adams wasn't invited to the 2011 NFL Scouting Combine in Indianapolis, but Purdue held a Pro Day which allowed Adams to showcase his talents
|Ht||Wt||40-yd dash||10-yd split||20-yd split||20-ss||3-cone||Vert||Broad||BP||Wonderlic|
|6 ft 4.6 in||257 lb||4.83 s||1.59 s||2.69 s||4.35 s||7.10 s||33 in||10 ft 02 in||24 rep|
Chicago Bears[edit | edit source]
Personal life[edit | edit source]
Adams, a devout Christian, is a member of the Ephraim Orphan Project, an organization that provides aid to orphans in Haiti. In May 2012, Adams made a visit to the country to build a security fence as part of the construction of an orphanage, along with conducting sports camps and donating goods to other orphanages, his fifth visit. During his time at Purdue, he made three trips to Haiti as a member of the Fellowship of Christian Athletes, including a visit in February 2012.
"My first time there in 2008 I accepted Christ as my savior and became a Christian, which was a great moment for me. When I was down there I saw the poverty in Haiti, and the Bible calls us to help those who are poor, who are impoverished and who are struggling."—Kyle Adams
References[edit | edit source]
- "#85 Kyle Adams". Purdue University. http://www.purduesports.com/sports/m-footbl/mtt/adams_kyle00.html. Retrieved 2011-11-08.
- "Chaparral Football Records & Achievements". hometeamsonline.com. http://www.hometeamsonline.com/teams/default.asp?u=WESTLAKECHAPS&t=c&s=football&p=records. Retrieved 2011-11-08.
- "Kyle Adams". Rivals.com. http://rivals.yahoo.com/purdue/football/recruiting/player-Kyle-Adams-36581;_ylt=AttXfJJnAT_6ENQNyq8f7RGLtZB4. Retrieved 2011-11-08.
- "Kyle Adams". Scout.com. http://ind.scout.com/a.z?s=113&p=8&c=1&nid=1815796. Retrieved 2011-11-08.
- "Purdue Boilermakers vs. Northwestern Wildcats - Box Score". ESPN.com. http://espn.go.com/ncf/boxscore?gameId=262870077. Retrieved 2011-11-08.
- "Purdue Boilermakers vs. Hawaii Warriors - Box Score". ESPN.com. http://espn.go.com/ncf/boxscore?gameId=263290062. Retrieved 2011-11-08.
- "2006 Purdue football stats". purduesports.com. http://www.purduesports.com/sports/m-footbl/stats/2006-2007/teamcume.html#TEAM.IND. Retrieved 2011-11-08.
- "2011 Purdue Football Information Guide". cstv.com. http://grfx.cstv.com/photos/schools/pur/sports/m-footbl/auto_pdf/2011-12/prospectus/prospectus.pdf. Retrieved 2011-11-08.
- "85 Day to Purdue Football: Kyle Adams". hammerandrails.com. http://www.hammerandrails.com/2010/6/11/1490422/85-days-to-purdue-football-kyle. Retrieved 2011-11-16.
- "Kyle Adams". sports-reference.com. http://www.sports-reference.com/cfb/players/kyle-adams-1.html. Retrieved 2011-11-16.
- "Kyle Adams, DS #20 TE, Purdue". NFLDraftScout.com. http://www.nfldraftscout.com/ratings/dsprofile.php?pyid=64415&draftyear=2011&genpos=TE. Retrieved 2011-11-17.
- "Kyle Adams, TE". CBSSports.com. http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/players/1117752. Retrieved 2011-11-17.
- "Pro Day Tracker". sportsillustrated.cnn.com. April 7, 2011. http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/vault/article/web/COM1182953/25/index.htm. Retrieved 2011-11-17.
- "Board of Directors". Ephraimorphanproject.org. http://www.ephraimorphanproject.org/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=1&Itemid=54. Retrieved 2012-07-14.
- "Adams inspired to help Haitian people". Chicagobears.com. 2012-05-18. http://www.chicagobears.com/news/NewsStory.asp?story_id=8823. Retrieved 2012-07-14.
- "Adams spends week volunteering in Haiti". Chicagobears.com. http://www.chicagobears.com/news/NewsStory.asp?story_id=8900. Retrieved 2012-07-14.
[edit | edit source]