|Date of birth:September 26, 1994|
|Place of birth: Inglewood, California|
|NFL Draft: 2017 / Round: 7 / Pick: 241|
|No regular season or postseason appearances|
|* Tennessee Titans ( 2017)|
|Roster status: Practice squad|
|Career highlights and awards|
|Stats at NFL.com|
Muhammad was an accomplished track athlete in high school, winning both the 100 metres and 200 metres at the 2012 and 2013 CIF California State Meet. Recorded a personal best of a 10.22w in the 100 meters which is the second-fastest time in California prep history
Khalfani attended Sherman Oaks (CA) Notre Dame, he finished his prep football career with 3,397 rushing yards and 44 touchdowns on the ground over 559 carries, while adding 48 receptions for 704 yards receiving and four scoring catches to total 288 points. As a senior, he led the Serra League in rushing yards (1,420) on 215 carries, rushing touchdowns (18) and scoring (120 points) when his team finished ranked No. 15 in the state by MaxPreps while reaching the quarterfinals of the Southern Section Pac 5 Division playoffs following a Serra League co-title. Posted a career-high 247 rushing yards with a single-game career-high-tying four touchdowns on the ground against Bishop Amat. As a junior, he rushed for 1,126 yards on 183 carries and 13 Touchdowns, while adding receptions for 118 yards and a touchdown. Played in the Semper Fidelis All-American Bowl following a 2012 senior season in which he earned numerous other honors including All-American (PrepStar), first-team Division I All-State (MaxPreps), second-team All-State (Cal-Hi Sports), first-team All-Area (Los Angeles Daily News, Los Angeles Times), second-team All-Southern Section (Rivals) and Serra League Co-MVP selections
In track, Khalfani is the third person ever to win back-to-back individual California boys state titles in the 100 and 200 meters during his 2012 junior and 2013 senior track and field campaigns. Recorded a personal best of a wind-aided 10.22 in the 100 meters which is the second-fastest time in California prep history, while his top legal time as a prep was a 10.33 to capture the 2013 state title. His prep personal best in the 200 meters was 20.73. As a 2011 sophomore, he placed second at the state meet in both the 100 and 200 meters. Khalfani earned California's Gatorade State Boys Track and Field Athlete of the Year as a senior and 2x CalHiSports State Boys Athlete of the Year (2012, 2013).
Muhammad was drafted by the Tennessee Titans in the seventh round, 241st overall, in the 2017 NFL Draft. He was the last of three California Bears to be selected that year. On May 12, the Titans signed Muhammad to a four-year, $2.47 million contract with a signing bonus of $70,837. He was waived on September 2, 2017 and was signed to the Titans' practice squad the next day. He was promoted to the active roster on December 29, 2017.
On April 30, 2018, Muhammad was released by the Titans.
New England PatriotsEdit
On December 3, 2018, Muhammad was signed to the Denver Broncos practice squad. On January, 2, 2019, Muhammad was re-signed to reserve/future contract. He was waived on August 31, 2019 and was re-signed to the practice squad.
- ↑ "Cal RB Khalfani Muhammad runs a 4.34 40-yard dash in the rain". The Mercury News. March 24, 2017. http://www.mercurynews.com/2017/03/24/cal-rb-khalfani-muhammad-runs-a-4-34-40-yard-dash-in-the-rain/.
- ↑ "CIF State Championship Finals". Athletics.net. June 1, 2013. https://www.athletic.net/TrackAndField/MeetResults.aspx?Meet=167607.
- ↑ "Gatorade player of the year". https://playeroftheyear.gatorade.com/winner/khalfani-muhammad/33551.
- ↑ "Cal-Hi Sports". https://www.calhisports.com/2013/07/18/khalfani-muhammad-first-since-1904/.
- ↑ Wyatt, Jim (April 29, 2017). "Titans Select California RB Khalfani Muhammad in 7th Round". https://web.archive.org/web/20170701000000*/http://www.titansonline.com/news/article-4/Titans-Select-California-RB-Khalfani-Muhammad-in-7th-Round/d91f002d-646f-43d8-9320-f45bed61d3ac. Retrieved May 20, 2017.
- ↑ "2017 NFL Draft Listing" (in en). https://www.pro-football-reference.com/years/2017/draft.htm.
- ↑ "Draft Finder Query Results" (in en). https://www.pro-football-reference.com/play-index/draft-finder.cgi?request=1&year_min=2017&year_max=2017&draft_slot_min=1&draft_slot_max=500&pick_type=overall&pos%255B%255D=qb&pos%255B%255D=rb&pos%255B%255D=wr&pos%255B%255D=te&pos%255B%255D=e&pos%255B%255D=t&pos%255B%255D=g&pos%255B%255D=c&pos%255B%255D=ol&pos%255B%255D=dt&pos%255B%255D=de&pos%255B%255D=dl&pos%255B%255D=ilb&pos%255B%255D=olb&pos%255B%255D=lb&pos%255B%255D=cb&pos%255B%255D=s&pos%255B%255D=db&pos%255B%255D=k&pos%255B%255D=p&college_id=california&conference=any&show=all&order_by=default.
- ↑ "Spotrac.com: Khalfani Muhammed contract".
- ↑ Wyatt, Jim (September 2, 2017). "Titans Down to 53 Players: A Position-by-Position Look". Archived from the original on February 6, 2018. https://web.archive.org/web/20180206112407/http://www.titansonline.com/news/article-4/Titans-Down-to-53-Players-A-Position-by-Position-Look/d201b599-31f7-4441-8f65-948795805f04.
- ↑ Wyatt, Jim (September 3, 2017). "Titans Add Eight Players to Practice Squad". https://web.archive.org/web/20180208182923/http://www.titansonline.com/news/article-4/Titans-Add-Eight-Players-to-Practice-Squad/79a0f2c4-51e4-4704-bf1c-1e4a9c174ce8.
- ↑ Wyatt, Jim (December 29, 2017). "Titans Promote RB Khalfani Muhammad to Active Roster". http://www.titansonline.com/news/article-4/Titans-Promote-RB-Khalfani-Muhammad-to-Active-Roster/0d3a9b15-fcb0-4a4e-b46c-dbd1da73fdba.
- ↑ Wyatt, Jim (April 30, 2018). "Titans Release QB Alex Tanney, RB Muhammad". Archived from the original on May 1, 2018. https://web.archive.org/web/20180501092930/http://www.titansonline.com/news/article-4/Titans-Release-QB-Alex-Tanney-RB-Khalfani-Muhammad/883819b4-a1a1-4bdb-a433-fd6e414298f0.
- ↑ "Patriots sign three players". August 27, 2018. https://www.patriots.com/news/patriots-sign-three-players.
- ↑ "Patriots release five players". August 31, 2018. https://www.patriots.com/news/patriots-release-five-players.
- ↑ "Broncos lose RB Jeremy McNichols to Titans, sign RB Khalfani Muhammad to practice squad". Broncos Wire. USA Today. December 3, 2018. https://broncoswire.usatoday.com/2018/12/03/denver-broncos-news-rb-khalfani-muhammad-signed-to-practice-squad/.
- ↑ Swanson, Ben (January 2, 2019). "Broncos sign 10 players to future contracts". https://www.denverbroncos.com/news/broncos-sign-10-players-to-future-contracts-2018.
- ↑ DiLalla, Aric (August 31, 2019). "Broncos make series of roster moves to reach 53-man limit". https://www.denverbroncos.com/news/broncos-make-series-of-roster-moves-to-reach-53-man-limit.
- ↑ DiLalla, Aric (September 2, 2019). "Broncos sign three players to active roster". https://www.denverbroncos.com/news/broncos-sign-three-players-to-active-roster.