|Date of birth:September 13, 1985|
|Place of birth: Shreveport, Louisiana|
|College: Texas Tech|
|NFL Draft: 2007 / Round: 7 / Pick: 242|
|No regular season or postseason appearances|
|* Indianapolis Colts ( 2007– 2010)|
|Career highlights and awards|
Keyunta Dawson (born September 13, 1985) is an American football linebacker who is currently a free agent. He was drafted by the Indianapolis Colts in the seventh round of the 2007 NFL Draft. Collegiately, he was a defensive end for the Texas Tech Red Raiders.
Professional career[edit | edit source]
After spending his first four seasons with the Colts, Dawson signed with the Detroit Lions. He was released by the Lions on September 3, 2011. Dawson was re-signed by the Lions on November 30, 2011, but then released about a month later. On January 6, 2012, the Tennessee Titans signed Dawson. After appearing in only three games, Dawson was placed on injured reserve with a hamstring injury. On March 7, 2013, the Titans re-signed Dawson to a one-year contract. The Titans released Dawson on October 5, 2013 to make room for quarterback Rusty Smith. On October 8, 2013, he signed with the Saints.
References[edit | edit source]
- "Trifecta: Three former Tech players selected in 2007 NFL Draft". The Daily Toreador. April 30, 2007. Archived from the original on September 27, 2007. https://web.archive.org/web/20070927011554/http://media.www.dailytoreador.com/media/storage/paper870/news/2007/04/30/Sports/Trifecta.Three.Former.Tech.Players.Selected.In.2007.Nfl.Draft-2886785.shtml?reffeature=htmlemailedition.
- Peters, Craig. "Tennessee Titans: Keyunta Dawson". Titansonline.com. http://www.titansonline.com/team/roster/Keyunta-Dawson/c2b8da13-1fef-4332-a6f8-8198c181198f. Retrieved May 8, 2016.
- "Archived copy". Archived from the original on March 13, 2013. https://web.archive.org/web/20130313233532/http://sports.yahoo.com/news/titans-sign-keyunta-dawson-1-183226746--nfl.html. Retrieved April 22, 2014.
- Jim Wyatt, "Titans waive Dawson, add Smith", The Tennessean, October 5, 2013.
- Katherine Terrell, "New Orleans Saints release Jay Richardson, sign defensive end Keyunta Dawson", Times-Picayune, October 8, 2013.