Ogletree with the Cowboys in 2009
|No. 85, 11, 15|
|Date of birth:August 5, 1987|
|Place of birth: Queens, New York|
|Undrafted in 2009|
|No regular season or postseason appearances|
|* Dallas Cowboys ( 2009– 2012)|
|Career highlights and awards|
|* 2× Honorable-mention All-ACC (2006, 2008)|
|Stats at NFL.com|
|Stats at pro-football-reference.com|
Kevin Ogletree (born August 5, 1987) is a former American football wide receiver who played six seasons in the National Football League. He signed with the Dallas Cowboys as an undrafted free agent in 2009, and also played with the Tampa Bay Buccaneers, Detroit Lions and New York Giants. He played college football at the University of Virginia.
He finished his senior season with 61 catches for 1,170 yards and 19 touchdowns, helping his team win a conference championship, while earning Player of the Year honors by Newsday and the New York Daily News. He also played safety and had 5 interceptions. He was an Honor Roll student.
Ogletree accepted a scholarship from the University of Virginia. He became a starter as a sophomore, posting 52 receptions (led the team), 582 receiving yards and 4 touchdowns. His best game came against the University of Maryland, when he registered 133 yards on 3 receptions. He missed his junior season with a torn anterior cruciate ligament injury in his left knee, that he suffered during spring drills.
He returned in 2008 as a redshirt junior, recording 58 receptions for 723 yards and 5 touchdowns. He declared for the 2009 NFL Draft at the end of the season. He was a two-time honorable-mention All-ACC wide receiver for the Virginia Cavaliers. He finished his college career with 117 receptions (seventh in school history), 1,332 receiving yards (13th in school history) and 9 touchdowns.
|Ht||Wt||40-yd dash||10-yd split||20-yd split||20-ss||3-cone||Vert||Broad||BP||Wonderlic|
|6 ft 1 in||196 lb||4.36 s||1.50 s||2.51 s||4.08 s||6.67 s||36 in||10 ft 2 in|
Ogletree was signed by the Dallas Cowboys as an undrafted free agent after the 2009 NFL draft. On September 6, after making an impression on the team in training camp and the preseason, he was rewarded with a spot on the 53-man roster over seventh round draft choice Manuel Johnson. He spent the entire 2009 NFL season with Dallas, making seven receptions. He was inactive for most of the 2010 season, until he finally had a chance came to play more with Dez Bryant out for the season, but injured his right big toe and was placed on the injured reserve list on December 15.
In 2012, he earned the third receiver position and finished the season opener against the New York Giants with career highs in receptions (8), receiving yards (114) and touchdowns (2). He wasn't re-signed at the end of the season, after being passed on the depth chart by Dwayne Harris.
Tampa Bay BuccaneersEdit
Ogletree signed as a free agent with the Tampa Bay Buccaneers on March 13, 2013. He was released after four games, at the time he was third on the team with 8 receptions for 70 yards and a touchdown.
Ogletree signed with the Detroit Lions on October 2, 2013, following an injury to the Lions' Nate Burleson. According to Ogletree, "Who doesn’t want to go play with Calvin Johnson and Matthew Stafford and Reggie Bush? It’s a perfect opportunity."
During his time with the Lions he recorded 13 receptions for 199 yards with one touchdown. The touchdown came from a one handed catch during the Thanksgiving game against the Green Bay Packers. On September 20, 2014, he was released to make room for Mohammed Seisay.
New York GiantsEdit
- ↑ "Return of Virginia's Kevin Ogletree well received". http://pilotonline.com/sports/college/return-of-virginia-s-kevin-ogletree-well-received/article_4f653d84-96e5-5a23-bc57-040a243d7146.html. Retrieved February 19, 2017.
- ↑ "Ogletree makes a puzzling decision". http://www.dailyprogress.com/sports/ogletree-makes-a-puzzling-decision/article_4c41f9ae-3a56-5867-8472-e4bdd1b1a536.html. Retrieved February 19, 2017.
- ↑ "Cowboys Add Eight Free Agents". http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2009/04/28/cowboys-add-eight-free-agents/. Retrieved February 19, 2017.
- ↑ "Bucs Dip into Free Agency Again for LB Casillas, WR Ogletree". http://www.buccaneers.com/news/article-1/Bucs-Dip-into-Free-Agency-Again-for-LB-Casillas-WR-Ogletree/9aa4c8d2-fa35-4ff0-afd0-17a26bc99a4c. Retrieved February 19, 2017.
- ↑ "Bucs release Ogletree, Black". http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/9753042/tampa-bay-buccaneers-shake-things-cut-kevin-ogletree-ahmad-black. Retrieved February 19, 2017.
- ↑ Rothstein, Michael (October 2, 2013). "Ogletree joins Detroit, hopes to play Sunday". ESPN. http://www.espn.com/blog/detroit-lions/post/_/id/1449/ogletree-joins-detroit-hopes-to-play-sunday?ex_cid=espnapi_public. Retrieved October 2, 2016.
- ↑ "Detroit Lions Release Wide Receiver Kevin Ogletree". http://www.silverlionsports.com/detroit-lions-release-wide-receiver-kevin-ogletree/. Retrieved February 19, 2017.
- ↑ Graziano, Dan (October 14, 2014). "Giants sign WR Kevin Ogletree". ESPN.com. http://www.espn.com/new-york/nfl/story/_/id/11702951/new-york-giants-sign-wr-kevin-ogletree-victor-cruz-season. Retrieved October 14, 2016.
- ↑ Hanzus, Dan (May 7, 2015). "Giants part ways with veteran receiver Kevin Ogletree". NFL.com. http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000491656/article/giants-part-ways-with-veteran-receiver-kevin-ogletree. Retrieved November 11, 2016.