Alexander in November 2010.
|Date of birth:July 1, 1987|
|Place of birth: Lake Butler, Union County, Florida|
|Undrafted in 2010|
|No regular season or postseason appearances|
|* Denver Broncos ( 2010)|
|Career highlights and awards|
|Stats at NFL.com|
Early years[edit | edit source]
Alexander attended Union County High School in Lake Butler, Florida. He made 282 tackles, 19 sacks and three interceptions in his high school football career, with 115 tackles and nine sacks as a senior.
College career[edit | edit source]
Professional career[edit | edit source]
Alexander was signed by the Denver Broncos as an undrafted free agent following the 2010 NFL Draft on April 26, 2010. He was waived during final cuts on September 5, 2010, but was re-signed to the team's practice squad on September 6. He was promoted to the active roster on October 16. He made his NFL debut on October 17 against the New York Jets in week 6. Alexander played in eight games in 2010 before he was waived on December 20 to make room for cornerback Chevis Jackson.
Personal[edit | edit source]
Alexander was arrested on December 20, 2010, hours before he was waived by the Broncos, on domestic violence charges. He allegedly assaulted his girlfriend the night before. A court date was scheduled for December 22.
References[edit | edit source]
- "Clemson Signees". Herald-Journal. February 2, 2006. https://news.google.com/newspapers?id=8mstAAAAIBAJ&sjid=l4oFAAAAIBAJ&pg=5578,499460. Retrieved 2010-11-25.
- "Monday Practice Brief". scout.com. August 13, 2007. http://miami.scout.com/a.z?s=13&p=2&c=668048. Retrieved 2010-11-25.
- Gantt, Darin (April 26, 2010). "Panthers play the numbers game". The Charlotte Observer. http://www.charlotteobserver.com/2010/04/26/1400517/panthers-play-the-numbers-game.html. Retrieved 2010-11-25.[dead link]
- Georgatos, Dennis J. (September 6, 2010). "Broncos' Cuts Cap Injury-Riddled Training Camp, Preseason". FanHouse. http://nfl.fanhouse.com/2010/09/06/moves-in-part-a-testament-to-broncos-injury-riddled-preseason-training-camp/. Retrieved 2010-11-25.
- Klis, Mike (September 6, 2010). "Broncos cut LB Atkins, RB Hall, add two players". Denver Post. http://www.denverpost.com/sports/ci_16001503. Retrieved 2010-11-25.
- Klis, Mike (October 16, 2010). "Broncos promote McCarthy, Alexander". Denver Post. http://blogs.denverpost.com/broncos/2010/10/16/broncos-promote-mccarthy-robinson/5544/. Retrieved 2010-11-25.
- Jones, Lindsay (October 19, 2010). "Broncos promote LB Briggs to active roster". Denver Broncos. http://blogs.denverpost.com/broncos/2010/10/19/broncos-promote-lb-briggs-to-active-roster/5586/. Retrieved 2010-11-25.
- "Kevin Alexander released after arrest". ESPN.com. December 20, 2010. http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=5940794. Retrieved 2010-12-21.