|Born||May 2, 1951|
|Coaching career (HC unless noted)|
Utah State (OLB)
Utah State (DC/DB)
Arizona State (DC)
Notre Dame (DC)
Notre Dame (interim HC)
San Jose State (LB)
San Jose State (DC/LB)
San Jose State (interim HC)
|Head coaching record|
Early life and college yearsEdit
Born in Logan, Utah, Baer graduated from Sky View High School of Smithfield, Utah in 1969. Baer then enrolled at Utah State University. At Utah State, Baer lettered in football for four years (1969 through 1972) and graduated with a degree in physical education and recreation.
On December 11, 2004, Notre Dame defensive coordinator Baer was named interim head coach after regular head coach Tyrone Willingham was fired. Notre Dame eventually hired Charlie Weis as new head coach starting 2005.
On January 3, 2005, after Willingham became head coach at Washington, Baer joined Willingham's staff as defensive coordinator. At the conclusion of the 2007 season, after a statistically worst defensive season in UW football history, Willingham decided to let Baer go. In the three years at UW, the defense ranked 94, 95 and 98 in total defense, 89, 85 and 94 in scoring defense, and 106, 102 and 85 in passing defense.(1)
On December 11, 2012, Baer became interim head coach of San Jose State after Mike MacIntyre resigned to become head coach at Colorado. Baer coached the Spartans to a 29-20 victory over Bowling Green University in the 2012 Military Bowl on December 27. MacIntyre announced on December 18 that he would like Baer to join him in Colorado as defensive coordinator. With five other former San Jose State assistants, Baer joined MacIntyre in Colorado on January 3, 2013.
Head coaching recordEdit
|Notre Dame Fighting Irish (Independent) (2004)|
|2004||Notre Dame||0–1 [n 1]||L Insight [n 1]|
|San Jose State Spartans (Western Athletic Conference) (2012)|
|2012||San Jose State||1–0 [n 2]||W Military [n 2]|
|San Jose State:||1–0|
- ↑ "Kent Baer". Notre Dame Fighting Irish. http://www.und.com/sports/m-footbl/mtt/baer_kent00.html. Retrieved December 17, 2012.
- ↑ "Kent Baer". San Jose State Spartans. http://www.sjsuspartans.com/ViewArticle.dbml?DB_OEM_ID=5600&ATCLID=1524091. Retrieved December 17, 2012.
- ↑ "AD cites lack of on-field progress". ESPN. December 1, 2004. http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=1935138. Retrieved December 20, 2012.
- ↑ Downey, Mike (December 12, 2004). "Irish players want coach who wants them". Chicago Tribune. http://articles.chicagotribune.com/2004-12-12/sports/0412120001_1_insight-bowl-tyrone-willingham-notre-dame. Retrieved December 20, 2012.
- ↑ Greenstein, Teddy (December 14, 2004). "Weis hopes winning can heal wounds". Chicago Tribune. http://articles.chicagotribune.com/2004-12-14/sports/0412140253_1_malloy-new-coach-charlie-weis-rev-john-i-jenkins. Retrieved December 20, 2012.
- ↑ Condotta, Bob (January 4, 2005). "Willingham adds five assistants to Huskies staff". Seattle Times. http://community.seattletimes.nwsource.com/archive/?date=20050104&slug=uwfb04. Retrieved December 20, 2012.
- ↑ Condotta, Bob. "Kent Baer hired at San Jose State". Husky Football Blog. seattletimes.com. http://blog.seattletimes.nwsource.com/huskyfootball/2008/04/kent_baer_hired_at_san_jose_st.html. Retrieved December 20, 2012.
- ↑ John Henderson (2012-12-19). "CU Buffs coach Mike MacIntyre will bring in both coordinators from San Jose State". DenverPost.com. http://www.denverpost.com/cu/ci_22211485/buffs-coach-macintyre-will-bring-both-coordinators-from.
- ↑ "MacIntyre Names Six Assistants To Colorado Staff". Colorado Buffaloes. January 3, 2013. http://www.cubuffs.com/ViewArticle.dbml?SPSID=3843&SPID=255&DB_LANG=C&DB_OEM_ID=600&ATCLID=205873460. Retrieved January 6, 2013.
|Notre Dame Fighting Irish Defensive coordinator|
| Succeeded by|
<ref>tags exist for a group named "n", but no corresponding
<references group="n"/>tag was found.