|No. 96, 70, 71|
|Date of birth:September 17, 1978|
|Place of birth: Tuscaloosa, Alabama|
|NFL Draft: 2000 / Round: 3 / Pick: 72|
|No regular season or postseason appearances|
|* Pittsburgh Steelers ( 2000– 2004)|
|Career highlights and awards|
|* Super Bowl Champion (XLIV)|
|Stats at NFL.com|
Lakendrick Tridel Clancy (born September 17, 1978) is a former American football defensive tackle. He was drafted by the Pittsburgh Steelers in 2000, having also played for the New York Giants, Arizona Cardinals and New Orleans Saints. He played college football at the University of Mississippi.
Early and college careerEdit
Born in Tuscaloosa, Alabama, Clancy attended Holt High School before playing college football at East Central Community College in Decatur, Mississippi, and then at Ole Miss. As a senior in 1999, he was team captain and a third-team All-American selection by The Sporting News and The Football News
Clancy was drafted by the Steelers in the third round in 2000 and played for them for four years. After his time with the Steelers, he signed with the Giants, where he played for one year, followed by a year with the Cardinals. He then signed with the Saints in 2007. In 2009, he began the season as a projected starter, but injured his knee in the opening game, thus played in only 2 games, ending up on the injured reserve list while the team won Super Bowl XLIV. He was an unrestricted free agent after the 2009 season, but the Saints re-signed him on August 30, 2010. He was released 5 days later.
- ↑ http://www.tigerdroppings.com/rant/p/18775680/kendrick-clancy-retiring/
- ↑ "East Central CC finds talent in Tuscaloosa", The Tuscaloosa News, February 3, 2005.
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 "Kendrick Clancy is ready to stop the run for the New Orleans Saints", Times-Picayune, August 31, 2010.
- ↑ 4.0 4.1 "Giants Sign DT Kendrick Clancy: Former Steelers third-round pick reunites with Giants defensive coordinator Tim Lewis.", Giants.com, March 11, 2005.
- ↑ "Saints bring back veteran DT Clancy", NFL.com, August 30, 2010.
- ↑ "Saints released:",