|Date of birth:June 22, 1984|
|Place of birth: East Stroudsburg, Pennsylvania|
|College: East Stroudsburg|
|Undrafted in 2007|
|No regular season or postseason appearances|
|* San Francisco 49ers ( 2007)*|
|Career highlights and awards|
|* 2× First-team All-PSAC 2005–2006|
|Career NFL statistics as of 2010|
|Stats at NFL.com|
Ken Parrish (born June 22, 1984) is an American football punter who is currently a free agent. He was signed by the San Francisco 49ers as an undrafted free agent in 2007. He played college football at East Stroudsburg.
Parrish attended East Stroudsburg South High School in East Stroudsburg, Pennsylvania where he played soccer for three years before joining the football team as a punter during his senior year. There, he earned All-Mountain Valley Conference and Pocono Record All-Area honors. He decided to join the football team after the schools' previous punter, Joseph Gaeta, who later played football at Temple University, became injured. Gaeta is credited with helping to convince Parrish to make the switch from soccer to football. He only had to punt three balls for the school's football coach before he was given the punting job for the rest of the season.
After high school, Parrish attended East Stroudsburg University of Pennsylvania where he averaged 40.3 yards per punt and landed 59 of his 174 punts inside the 20-yard line during his college career. In his junior and senior year, he earned All-Pennsylvania State Athletic Conference eastern division honors after averaging 42.5 yards per punt, with 30 of his 75 punts landing inside the 20 and just four touchbacks during that span. As a senior, he punted 42 times in 14 games to help ESU win the Division II Northeast Regional championship and advanced to the national semifinals for the first time in school history. As a senior, he averaged 42.0 yards per punt. As a junior, he averaged 43.2 yards per punt. As a sophomore, he averaged 40.7 yards per punt. As a freshman, he averaged 36.7 yards per punt. Parrish graduated East Stroudsburg with a degree in criminal justice.
San Francisco 49ers
Parrish was undrafted in the 2007 NFL Draft, and was signed by the San Francisco 49ers on May 3, 2007. He spent that training camp and pre-season with the 49ers before being released prior to the start of the regular season.
First stint with Eagles
New York Jets
Parrish signed with the New York Jets as a free agent on August 16, 2009 after the team waived punter T. J. Conley. Parrish was waived on August 28 when the team claimed punter Glenn Pakulak off waivers.
Second stint with Eagles
Parrish was signed by the Atlanta Falcons on March 3, 2011, but was released on August 24.
Parrish was signed by the Jacksonville Jaguars on June 13, 2013 and later released on August 25.
Lehigh Valley Steelhawks
After getting released by the 49ers in 2007, Parrish spent eight months as a police officer with the Stroud Area Regional Police in his hometown, East Stroudsburg, Pennsylvania. After the eight months, he decided that he would pursue a comeback into the NFL by leaving the police force. When asked about his decision to leave the police force, Parrish said, "It was a decision that took weeks and weeks and weeks and lots of discussions with my family. I always had great backing from my family. They [said], 'Ken, if you feel this is something you need to go out and conquer, then go ahead and do it.'"
Parrish moved to Modesto, California to perfect his punting, kickoffs, placekicks, and holding for placekicks in order to get ready for his comeback into the NFL.
After he was released by the Jets following training camp, Parrish worked as a substitute teacher at J. T. Lambert Intermediate School and as a police officer again with the Stroud Area Regional Police.
Parrish resides in Pennsylvania with his wife Amanda and their two young daughters, Reese and Charlotte.
- Mauga Signed, Bullock Waived, Punters Switched : New York Jets Transactions
- McPherson, Chris (April 28, 2010). "Eagles Welcome Back Officer Parrish". PhiladelphiaEagles.com. http://www.philadelphiaeagles.com/news/Story.asp?story_id=21007. Retrieved April 28, 2010.
- Wulf, Bo (August 15, 2010). "Herremans, Jackson Activated From PUP". philadelphiaeagles.com. http://www.philadelphiaeagles.com/news/Story.asp?story_id=21590. Retrieved August 15, 2010.
- "Florida Tuskers news: Kickers, punters create revolving door". Orlando Sentinel. September 9, 2010. http://www.orlandosentinel.com/sports/os-florida-tuskers-report-0909,0,1064942.story. Retrieved September 10, 2010.
- Kuhns, Mike (May 4, 2010). "ESU grad Ken Parrish, newly signed by Eagles, featured on ESPN talk show". Pocono Record. http://www.poconorecord.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20100504/NEWS/100509953/-1/NEWS18. Retrieved May 15, 2010.
- Messick, Ryan (August 10, 2010). "Eagles Punter Lets it Ride on NFL Dreams". Inside the Iggles. http://insidetheiggles.com/2010/08/10/eagles-punter-lets-it-ride-on-nfl-dreams/. Retrieved August 10, 2010.