|Date of birth:April 8, 1988|
|Place of birth: Florissant, Missouri|
|NFL Draft: 2011 / Round: 6 / Pick: 196|
|No regular season or postseason appearances|
|* Pittsburgh Steelers ( 2011)*|
|Career highlights and awards|
Keith Williams (born April 8, 1988) is an American football offensive guard who is currently a free agent. He was drafted by the Steelers in the sixth round of the 2011 NFL Draft. He played college football at Nebraska.
Early years Edit
Williams attended McCluer North High School, playing both offensive and defensive tackle. In his senior year, he recorded 24 tackles, one sack, and one fumble recovery while leading his team to its second consecutive state championship appearance. He earned all-state honors both on offense and defense, and was named in the top 15 of Rivals.com recruits in Missouri. He chose to attend the University of Nebraska in 2006.
College career Edit
Earning a starting role in his sophomore year after being redshirted in 2006, Williams became a consistent performer on the starting offensive line. He helped pave the way for a strong rushing attack, with Nebraska leading the Big 12 in rushing yards, and allowed three players to run for over 900 yards each. Williams earned 34 starts in his career at Nebraska, the most of any player in Nebraska's offense. He was named to Rivals.com's second team All-Big 12, Phil Steele's third-team All-Big 12, and also earned positions in the Honorable-Mention All-Big 12 team of the Associated Press and Coaches teams.
Professional career Edit
|Ht||Wt||40-yd dash||10-yd split||20-yd split||20-ss||3-cone||Vert||Broad||BP|
|6 ft 4 in||318 lb||5.28 s||8.42 s||24.5 in||7 ft 9 in||23 reps|
Williams was signed to the Bills practice squad on September 20, 2011. On August 20, 2013, he was waived/injured by the Bills. On August 21, 2013, he cleared waivers and was placed on the Bills' injured reserve list. On August 26, 2013, he was waived with an injury settlement.
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 "Keith Williams Bio". Huskers.com. http://www.huskers.com/ViewArticle.dbml?DB_OEM_ID=100&ATCLID=325014. Retrieved May 26, 2011.
- ↑ "2011 NFL Draft Listing" (in en). https://www.pro-football-reference.com/years/2011/draft.htm.
- ↑ Brown, Chris (August 20, 2013). "OL Keith Williams released by Bills". http://www.buffalobills.com/news/article-2/OL-Keith-Williams-released-by-Bills/c4fc7954-5765-4203-9668-bdafd5cf9344. Retrieved August 20, 2013.
- ↑ Buscaglia, Joe (August 20, 2013). "Bills release another offensive lineman". http://www.wgr550.com/pages/17103010.php?contentType=4&contentId=13636928. Retrieved August 21, 2013.
- ↑ "Transactions". afldigital.com. Archived from the original on February 3, 2017. https://web.archive.org/web/20170203193934/http://www.afldigital.com/index.cfm?view=transactions. Retrieved February 3, 2017.
- ↑ "Gladiators assigned OL Johnson and QB Marsh". arenafootball.com. http://www.arenafootball.com/sports/a-footbl/spec-rel/031017aab.html. Retrieved March 10, 2017.