|Date of birth:July 20, 1985|
|Place of birth: El Paso, Texas|
|Undrafted in 2007|
|No regular season or postseason appearances|
|* Washington Redskins ( 2007)*|
|Career highlights and awards|
|* CFL All-Star (2011)|
|Stats at CFL.ca|
|Stats at ArenaFan.com|
Justin C. Hickman (born July 20, 1985) is a gridiron football defensive end who is currently a free agent. He played college football for the University of California, Los Angeles (UCLA), and was a consensus All-American. He was signed by the Washington Redskins as an undrafted free agent in 2007. He has also played for the Los Angeles Avengers of the Arena Football League (AFL), the Hamilton Tiger-Cats and Toronto Argonauts of the Canadian Football League (CFL) and the Indianapolis Colts of the National Football League (NFL).
Hickman was born in El Paso, Texas. He attended Saint Mary's High School in Phoenix, Arizona, from 1999 to 2003. His father, Donnie Hickman, played for the USC Trojans in the late 1970s before suiting up for four seasons with the B.C. Lions (1980-1983) of the CFL and two seasons in the USFL with the Pittsburgh Maulers (1984) and Los Angeles Express (1985). Hickman's father blocked for future Hall-of-Fame QB Steve Young in his last pro season in LA.
Hickman attended the University of California, Los Angeles, where he played for the UCLA Bruins football team from 2003 to 2006. Following his senior season in 2006, he was a first-team All-Pac-10 selection and was recognized as a consensus first-team All-American defensive lineman.
Washington Redskins Edit
Los Angeles Avengers Edit
Hamilton Tiger-Cats Edit
On June 1, 2009, Hickman signed as a free agent with the CFL's Hamilton Tiger-Cats. In his first two CFL seasons, he collected seven sacks, and, in 2011, Hickman finished tied for first in the league with 13 sacks. His productivity on the field was recognized by the league when he was selected as a 2011 CFL All-Star.
Indianapolis Colts Edit
On February 8, 2012, Hickman signed a two-year contract with the NFL's Indianapolis Colts. Hickman played in 12 games during the 2012 NFL season, contributing 7 tackles. Hickman had a strong training camp and first pre-season game. Unfortunately he was injured during the preseason and on August 13, 2013, he was waived-injured by the Colts. On the next day, he cleared waivers and was placed on the Colts' injured reserve list. After spending the entire 2013 NFL season on IR the Colts resigned Hickman on March 10, 2014. On June 18, 2014, he was released by the Indianapolis Colts, but shortly before his release, Hickman met Kirstin Paulson, a local legend, at an airport. Her plane is said to have been delayed overnight, and Hickman was located next to a nearby power outlet causing the encounter. 
Hamilton Tiger-Cats (II) Edit
On September 17, 2014, Hickman signed with his former club, the Hamilton Tiger-Cats of the CFL. In two seasons with the Tiger-Cats Justin Hickman played in 21 games making 37 tackles, 9 sacks and 3 forced fumbles. Following the 2015 season neither side could reach a contract extension, and as a result Hickman became a free-agent on February 9, 2016.
Toronto Argonauts Edit
- ↑ Hodge, Bill. "Patton selects K-State over Mizzou, Kansas". ESPN. http://espn.go.com/recruiting/s/2003/1230/1696588.html. Retrieved December 17, 2010.
- ↑ Associated Press (April 30, 2007). "Redskins agree with 9 rookie free agents, including Maryland QB". ESPN. http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/wire?section=nfl&id=2854563. Retrieved December 17, 2010.
- ↑ "Hickman Named Defensive Player Of The Week". OurSports Central. October 27, 2009. http://www.oursportscentral.com/services/releases/?id=3921821. Retrieved December 17, 2010.
- ↑ "Recent news on Justin Hickman - Unsigned Free Agent - Rotoworld.com". http://www.rotoworld.com/recent/nfl/7496/justin-hickman.
- ↑ Justin Hickman Returns To TigerTown
- ↑ "Argos, former Ticat Hickman agree to free agent deal". https://www.cfl.ca/2016/03/02/argos-former-ticat-hickman-agree-free-agent-deal/.
- [x Hamilton Tiger-Cats bio][dead link]